Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
For a definitive edition:

1. At least some upper city content.

2. I do want a cure for spawn Astarion. Guy got tortured and abused for nearly 200 years, who cares what happened before, he's paid for it by now whatever it was. I can't see it affects the choice to ascend him or not. One way you get a normal no special powers high elf, the other you get a powerful ascended immortal vampire lord, one way you just live out your lives together if romanced, the other you can choose to be as immortal as he is if romanced - still a massive choice there isn't there? Can't see that devalues the ritual in any way especially given that Astarion's' stated main purpose is revenge and to kill Cazador to remove him as a threat, with whatever else happens in the process being a secondary consideration.

3. If you can't do that at the least remove that appaling dock scene with spawn Astarion running away while his team mates make sarcastic remarks and the narrator drones on completely unconcerned.

4. In the same vein as with Astarion I do want to get a cure for Karlachs heart. I'm not even a massive Karlach fan but even I don't want that 'dying on the docks' scene to even raise its head ever again.

5. The 'we need an Illithid' at the end needs to be looked at. It makes little to no sense as it stands.
Why do we need an Illithid if we plan to use Gales Orb?
Why can't we use Omeluum?
Why do we need an Illithid in the first place? The reason given makes no sense, we've been running rings round the thing since the start of the game, it wasn't omniscient even before we killed the dead 3's chosen.
Why does the Emperor immediately do a 180 if we want to free Orpheus? Both of them are pragmatists and Orpheus will even go Illithid himself if necessary - the reason for the Emperor throwing his toys out of the pram make no sense. We should be able to release the mind control - leaving Orpheus still chained - and talk to Orpheus before the Emperor behaves like an idiot. High persuasion check on Orpheus and we're sorted.

6. More of the Underdark, place is gorgeous.

For a DLC?
If the above got dealt with in a definitive edition then I don't need a specific DLC but one would be nice smile

Last edited by Bethra; 16/12/23 11:03 PM.

# Justice for Astarion
addict
addict
I read Larian's interview about "empty" being the result of evil actions: "You killed tieflings look at the consequences". Yeah, great, but I didn't kill goblins. Here's an idea for a DLC: content for the evil path.

Let us get evil npcs on our side. Not just Minthara (also more content for her plz), maybe Nere or Karnis. Let us show them we are a better leader than Keterik and purposefully attack the Last Light. In Durge's case, there is a special logic to it, because everyone in the towers already knows that we are an powerful figure.

We can already ally with Gortash, give us more quests to help him consolidate power and our alliance. Let me betray Astarion and gain Cazador's patronage, especially since that was already in the plans.

Yes in my evil game I killed the Tieflings, but I didn't kill the goblins and their leaders. They just disappeared. By the way, cleric Loviatar, hello? He's gone too, such a bright character. The evil path has a lot more possibilities. Empty is an excuse in this case.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
A) a real custom party creater including slots for a fith and maybe sixth char from scratch without the cumbersome multiplayer method

B) and all the other suggestions I've made in previous similar threads (I cant find them and the Gateway timeouts prevent me from doing so)

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 18/12/23 04:43 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I guess this idea may be a little far fetched because I only experienced the game through a single playthrough from Gale's perspective who romanced Lae'Zel but "led her go" with the prince at the very end but this ending painfully begs for either a Githyanki civil war mini-adventure expansion or at least something like a quick visit of the astral plane during the end or shortly after that time to reconnect with Lae'Zel.

Sidenote: Hell, after how so many man tried to romance me/Gale during the game, I would have expected a quick invitation from the prince alone, regardless of Lae'Zel. So why she seemingly cut all ties with Gale so fast and presumably irreversibly?

OFFTOPIC: This ending was reminiscent of my original Dragon Age: Origins playthrough where my character romanced Morrigan who silently jumped ship during the ending. However, Bioware later released the "Whitch Hunt" story DLC that allowed the main character to find and potentially join her on the other side of the "magic mirror". Almost the same story so far, except a visit of the Githyanki world sounds more interesting than simply locating an old mirror (the following 2 Dragon Age games didn't really clarify what happened between these two, or at least I can't remember now, so many years later after Inquisition where they show up again but separatly withouth direct interaction if I recall correctly).

More realistically, I would see this particual ending slightly revised. First of all, I hated how I only had two options: either explicitly sending her away or explicitly begging/commanding her to stay. I really wished to see a third alternative. Something roughly like: "It's your choice. Do what you want." (I don't wish to suggest the writer how she should react in this third case. I just don't want to beg/command her anything. I want her to decide what she wants.) Second, if she does go aways with the prince (either if sent away or she decided on her own to do so if that third option were to be implemented) then I would like to read or hear a few words from her or the narrator if she intends to return and reconnect with Gale after the Githyanki civil war is over (one way or another).
It was very wierd how she made me promise to remain with her *forever* and then she just flew away with the prince, seemingly never to be seen or heard of again. I mean, I somewhat get how she found a new "higher cause" but I just showed her throughout the game multiple times by various games why not be act like that (don't blindly commit 111% to some technically random "holy cause") and she demonstrated some character growth and (to a lesser degree) some mindset change throughout the game due to those experices. Yet, at the end, she flew away regardless. All her progress achieved throughout the game was seemingly erased completely with a single sentence, just because I didn't want to command/beg her to stay.

Last edited by janos666; 20/12/23 03:41 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I really want the artificer class and companions that fits with the class, I really love Barcus Wroot and Dammon would also be a really good option!

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I agree with OP's suggestion of Playable Goblins and Aasimar, I'll also add Githzerai into the mix, both Githyanki and Githzerai are the same race but with different cultures, it's literally no different than having Real Drow (Lolth Sworn Drow) and Surface Loving Traitors and Heretics (Seldarine Drow)

Originally Posted by esteten89
I really want the artificer class and companions that fits with the class, I really love Barcus Wroot and Dammon would also be a really good option!
Artificer should be part of an Eberron DLC, along with Shifters https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shifter, Changelings (Like Orin) https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Changeling, Kalashtars https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Kalashtar and Warforged https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Warforged,

I suggest a Helia DLC, no point in wasting a perfectly cool concept like that,

If there's a Menzoberranzan DLC, I expect Lolth Drow, Driders, Szarkai (Albino Lolth Drow) https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Szarkai and Draegloth (Drow Tieflings) https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Draegloth

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Bethra
2. I do want a cure for spawn Astarion. Guy got tortured and abused for nearly 200 years, who cares what happened before, he's paid for it by now whatever it was. I can't see it affects the choice to ascend him or not. One way you get a normal no special powers high elf, the other you get a powerful ascended immortal vampire lord, one way you just live out your lives together if romanced, the other you can choose to be as immortal as he is if romanced - still a massive choice there isn't there? Can't see that devalues the ritual in any way especially given that Astarion's' stated main purpose is revenge and to kill Cazador to remove him as a threat, with whatever else happens in the process being a secondary consideration.

3. If you can't do that at the least remove that appaling dock scene with spawn Astarion running away while his team mates make sarcastic remarks and the narrator drones on completely unconcerned.

I agree with both of these in particular. The dock scene with Spawn Astarion is such extreme tonal whiplash for something I expected to be a lot more emotionally affecting. Also, an option to cure him of his vampirism was something I thought would be available, considering there's an entire quest about curing vampirism in Baldur's Gate II... They could have even involved Jaheira in it somehow, it'd have been perfect.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by druidofthestars
Originally Posted by Bethra

I agree with both of these in particular. The dock scene with Spawn Astarion is such extreme tonal whiplash for something I expected to be a lot more emotionally affecting. Also, an option to cure him of his vampirism was something I thought would be available, considering there's an entire quest about curing vampirism in Baldur's Gate II... They could have even involved Jaheira in it somehow, it'd have been perfect.

All of his Act 3 stuff is rushed (like everyone else's to be fair). Cazador's palace is tiny while the basement is a big empty space, the puzzle still doesn't work, or at least the Reddit hivemind can't manage to solve it, the 7000 spawn are just a number, there's an entrance to the Underdark somewhere? Cazador can be killed with or without Astarion, so it would be nice if the palace had more things to do in it.

Also, Necromancy of Thay feels like it was supposed to be more important.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
All of his Act 3 stuff is rushed (like everyone else's to be fair). Cazador's palace is tiny while the basement is a big empty space, the puzzle still doesn't work, or at least the Reddit hivemind can't manage to solve it, the 7000 spawn are just a number, there's an entrance to the Underdark somewhere? Cazador can be killed with or without Astarion, so it would be nice if the palace had more things to do in it.

Is the puzzle in question the one ...

... that you enter from the trap door under the chest in that second room adjacent to the ballroom? I think that works now, though the end is somewhat underwhelming and I felt that I was missing something. Just like the whole Amanita story does not seem to lead anywhere.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
More Races DLC, if you love Cats, then I think some of you would love playable Tabaxi as a whole, as for an outfit DLC Idea maybe a proper loincloth for my Half Orc, because right now He's dressed like an 80s or 90s action figure with only Barb Boots, Underwear and He-Man chest straps.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 24/12/23 04:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Poor English. I tried my best.

The approvals.
Why do companions approve the opposite things? It's quite a problem.
I can play an evilly evil, self-serving character who does everything out of selfish profit. Then meet an npc and say to him, "Friend, I'll help you, gratuitously." Seeing approval from evil companions just hurts, when I know they are evil and approve of evil. Yes, I break the line of my own game, but I can be chaotic, curious. And sometimes it happens without breaking the line - that's what it's all about. Either approving and disapproving of the same narrative.

Honestly, a good/evil scale would be ideal for this sort of thing, where companions sort of "memorize" the play style and depending on their scores start approving of "good" if even they're evil characters.
And if I play more for evil, evil characters will never approve of my chaotic "goodness" (unless it's related to their personality).

I wish that meta-knowledge reveals the personality and subtleties of a companion's character. But right now, it's a big mess (except 1 act, probably). Especially in Act 3, where they should conversely be more formed than the Act 1 game conventions (easier to score points to start a romance).

There's an interesting, fun system that could be made with this. When a fairly practical character with a cruel heart suddenly helps someone, Wyll for example could get more excited and give approval more to a neutrally-evil player (+3) than to a normally-good player (+1).
And on the contrary, if the player is evil and then suddenly compromise their principles and show weakness, the disapproval of the evil characters will be greater (-5\-3) than if they knew "ah, as always, naive" (for u: -1)

The difficulty and seriousness of this system may be that at some point it will be more difficult or even fatally to convince companions of something "good"\"evil".

Some things will be hard to change with points to the "scales" and it will clearly show the core of the character.

So at the most complex moments in the story, playstyle will influence and show: what has changed in beliefs and principles, and what has lagged behind the previous, unyielding.

Dialogs and comments will be affected.
"You're true to yourself. I respect that" or "What with you lately?"
For example, if we start changing our styles, someone will say "You've fallen under the influence of _name_". Maybe the player's "unusual" behavior will be a trigger some more extensive dialogue, including romance.

Maybe it will be a system separate from or complementary to approvals.
I am attracted to the idea that meta-knowledge will be an even more detailed and sophisticated tool for learning, influencing and understanding the personality of companions.

It's an ambitious change, even a fundamental, but I'm too inspired not to suggest it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth
DLC: content for the evil path

Content for the evil path is really needed. Absolutely agree. I start out playing good, but then try the evil path (sometimes during).
From the beginning I respect the evil path in the game, which opens up other paths of story, characters, npc, dialog with companions.

Originally Posted by Nyloth
By the way, cleric Loviatar, hello?

Really, a priest of Loviatar. I'm thinking: wow, there's probably going to be some sort of temple of Loviatar in Baldur's Gate, where maybe the aristocrats entertain and we can explore the medieval-fantasy-aristocracy-thing and the companions' reactions to it. So we'd already have an established romance. I had my hopes.
But he just went into the wall and didn't come back.
Loviatar turns out to have a big lore.
This part story is more for fun.
However, this topic is quite deep and not necessarily sad.

Overall, complexity of evil and good.
“There is harmony in the tension of opposites, as in the case of the bow and lyre” it's a big, ancient topic.

Dark gray morality. It's all very interesting.

Global care for the path of evil will be wonderful.

Last edited by LiryFire; 27/12/23 03:28 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I still think it's one of the best games ever, and even then with the incredible amount of content, I can tell that Act 3 is unfinished.

Also, more side quests are missing throughout the game.

- The obligatory ceremorphosis it's THE PROBLEM of the game. Act 3 feels less reactive.
Omeelum... ¿Hello?
I think that the consumption of tadpoles need to have bad consecuencies (Evil path)

- Act 3 that I said, it's certainly unfinished. It's rushed. Act 2 it's more epic by far.
Ketheric >>>>>>>>>>Oran>>>>>Gortash
Oran and Gortash fights are not epic.

DLC is totally necessary:

- More sidequests in all acts. Much more.
- Lot of zones feels empty in act 1 and 3
- Mansion of Cazador it's shameless and have much more potential, same with Ethel.
- Evil path compared to good pact is trash
- More zones to explore, for example, Avernus.
The campaign where all actors play That would be a nice addition in mini dlc. Bing bong approves.
- More races and rework / add more interest Draconics
- Karlach needs to restore her hearth / Wyll and she have problems in avernus.
- Total new upper city section
- Halsin and Minthara sidequests in act 3.
- Minsc it's one of my favourite character of the franchise. I need him in a DLC
- More companions (especially for the evil path): Nere, Shazza...
- More companions in general with others classes: Bard (Alfira?), Monk? Artificer Dammon?
- More importance to Zevlor in act 3.
- Much more legendary / unique items. There are really few in the game and the same... We just used them in the final of act 3.

And much more...

I expect a lot more from Larian. Goods dlcs and before a big expansion It would be a dream.

PD: Campaign editor.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'd love to see Larian do a 'Select All' and then 'delete' on Act 3 and rebuild it from scratch. I think that is the only way to really give the game the final act it deserves. In fact, delete Act 3 and replace it with only a small fraction of the content currently in there and sell additional DLC acts so that the polish required to make it actually enjoyable will be there.

V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
I agree - Omeluum as a mind flayer to use stones could be a decent addition as well (if you successfully save him).

Short trip to Menzoberranzan could be implemented too - there is a portal to it in House of Hope and it could be a part of Minthara's quest (for example her getting abducted by her house and party saving her - that would both be a decent plot and explain her motives for war with her house in the epilogue, after all she is a paladin of Vengeance).

For Halsin - his quest could involve dealing with Shadow Druids and even shortly travelling to Cloakwood. That is also a possible character arc for him - when he gets in Baldur's Gate and sees some of its corruption he already starts to wonder whether Shadow Druids might be partially right, so this quest could also involve some moral dilemma for him as a choice between decision that is closer to Shadow Druids philosophy and a decision closer to regular Druids philosophy.

Last edited by Volsalex; 29/12/23 08:40 AM.
stranger
stranger
haven't finished a game yet. so am not reading the whole thread sorry. some thoughts on improvements:
1. Illustrate all the books and maps

2. Enemy observation lines or other indicator of when one's position or path is in line of sight of known enemies.
(edit Apparently this is done by holding down the Left [SHIFT] key.)

3. Optional realistic inventory. A Corpse or a halberd will take up multiple squares, but keys and individual potions
and lotions don't. Also crates & barrels etc being able to contain crates & barrels etc is ummersion
breaking. Packs pouches, sacks etc add squares to use; some like with pack straps are external

4. Collecting items to flesh out a Camp's capabilities should be a thing, such as collecting cooking gear reduces the
amount of food needed for sleeping overnight...getting sleeping rolls. Alchemy gear for alchemy use
improvement. BG2 had fortress and guildhall thing going, if it's in BG3 apply this logic.

(edit)

5. Renaming containers....or other items...we have Ink/paint/Dye right?

6. ...I had something in mind...will edit when I remember...

Last edited by Hecateus; 01/01/24 06:23 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hecateus
2. Enemy observation lines or other indicator of when one's position or path is in line of sight of known enemies.

This is already a thing. On PC, it's bound to the left shift key.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
More water spells like tidal wave, tsunami, wall of water, water sphere, etc

V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Some additions to the list:
- Upper City could also involve some additional Gortash's schemes in Baldur's Gate (to give him more presence) and there should be a possibility to expose him (Iron Throne / content of Steel Watchers etc) to the nobles and Flaming Fists, making him lose their support. Then they could not all / not at all fight us in fortress / nobles could be absent in the Audience Room during fight to reach Gortash's cabinet and would react positively to him getting removed from power. Current implementation is a bit strange - we don't expose Gortash even after destroying the foundry and learning how Steel Watchers are made, so we 1) have to fight all Fists and bodyguards on the lower level of fortress 2) have a fight in throne rooms with all the scared nobles around not understanding what is happening and maybe thinking that Gortash's forces are fighting some assassins / rebels 3) there is not much reaction to him getting killed.
- Minsc could get a personal quest that involves aftermath of his Stone Lord's period - dealing with remaining Stone Lord's gangs, making peace with Nine-Fingers (or not), for example via helping to save her life during Zhentarim's revolt attempt and so on. This quest would give logical ties to how he gets hired by the Guild in the epilogue and would conclude his Stone Lord's story better.

Last edited by Volsalex; 01/01/24 03:43 PM.
stranger
stranger
can't edit for some reason, so...
6. More unique character interactions. example. I just tried to 'cure' Shadowheart of her Wolf fears by giving her 2 levels of Druid and shapeshifting to Wolf. But there was no game response to the experiment. Similarly, I am playing a Durge Monk, and am about to visit the Githyanki infested Monastery in Act 1. Supposedly the Githyanky murdered the monks...I think it might be more interesting if the monks had already been murdered before the Grinch-alikes arrived...and what is this weird bloody circle doing on this floor?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard