Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
I just finished my Durge playthrough romancing AA and I don't think I have ever seen Astarion as happy as he did in the ending cutscenes. *clap* I freaking loved it. *clap*

Originally Posted by KiraMira
I just finished my Durge playthrough romancing AA and I don't think I have ever seen Astarion as happy as he did in the ending cutscenes. *clap* I freaking loved it. *clap*

I'm happy you got to see the end and the Durge playthrough astarionhappy

He's obviously so happy to have his Love with him and is excited about their future together hand in hand. The only thing out of place are the awful kiss animations and this need to be fixed. They are a stain on an otherwise fantastic experience.

Originally Posted by Celesti4
Originally Posted by KiraMira

I'm happy you got to see the end and the Durge playthrough astarionhappy

He's obviously so happy to have his Love with him and is excited about their future together hand in hand. The only thing out of place are the awful kiss animations and this need to be fixed. They are a stain on an otherwise fantastic experience.

Hehe, it was honestly so nice to see them together like that! It was all thanks to the Happy faces during kisses mod that I got to complete my playthrough. Now I'm curious of the other endings with Astarion as well..

They're always so beautiful together and I can't get enough of them. I've now had 6 or 7 playthroughs as Dark Urge with Astarion and I still haven't seen everything. I think there's only one thing that can really separate them and that is losing the duel against Orin as Dark Urge. I'm a little jealous, I've never managed to see the epilogue with Ascended Astarion. I either became the Absolute or it ended in suicide. I'll get there at some point - there's still enough time until Patch 7 to test out what's the most evil way through the game without missing too much story. smile

I learned today that I can be too "evil" as a Dark Urge without senselessly slaughtering everything. Sceleritas fears that I will ruin my good reputation and that the frightened population will think I am a murderer. That's why he now wants to bring me victims... he doesn't trust me... lol.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
@Sini I highly recommend the good epilogue with AA! I had my Durge redeemed, but let Astarion ascend. I loved all the epilogue dialogue. I didn't think any of it was bad, it felt playful actually. Whoever was in the charge of the writing here did it well in this case. It had some of the best lines for the romance as well. The only thing missing now is giving the ability to kiss Astarion during the epilogue! I just hope they don't get any ideas and give us something like one of those great "new" kisses.
My main regret for redeeming Urge was what happens to poor Sceleritas. :'(

I'm trying not to escalate somewhere beforehand and get to the epilogue with AA. smile I'll reject Bhaal and then I hope I manage to kill the Brain and not see Astarion's astonished devilish look again when everyone but him is taken over by Brain.

I would like to have Sceleritas as a permanent companion, like Scratch or Us. I like him so much. Maybe there is a modder who has a heart for the Durge and Sceleritas. It would be best if Sceleritas was always jealous of your lover. smile He loves the Durge so much.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Originally Posted by Sini
I'm trying not to escalate somewhere beforehand and get to the epilogue with AA. smile I'll reject Bhaal and then I hope I manage to kill the Brain and not see Astarion's astonished devilish look again when everyone but him is taken over by Brain.

I would like to have Sceleritas as a permanent companion, like Scratch or Us. I like him so much. Maybe there is a modder who has a heart for the Durge and Sceleritas. It would be best if Sceleritas was always jealous of your lover. smile He loves the Durge so much.

OMG, yes. I'd be happy if we could keep Sceleritas like we can keep the little Us brain. Besides, he would fit so nicely as our butler now that we have our very own palace! wink
He really does love Durge so much! I don't know if you've seen what happens if the group kills Orin without Durge in the party, but:
Sceleritas is said to die of a broken heart.

And if you use the Heal spell on Dark Urge, you get the memory pop up where
Durge remembers a scene from their childhood, and Sceleritas was there, calling them "young master". He's been with Durge since they were a child.

I'd kill to see the jealous interactions between Scleritas and AA :p

P.S. Your Durge is stunning *-*

OMG, yes. I'd be happy if we could keep Sceleritas like we can keep the little Us brain. Besides, he would fit so nicely as our butler now that we have our very own palace! wink
He really does love Durge so much! I don't know if you've seen what happens if the group kills Orin without Durge in the party, but:
Sceleritas is said to die of a broken heart.

And if you use the Heal spell on Dark Urge, you get the memory pop up where
Durge remembers a scene from their childhood, and Sceleritas was there, calling them "young master". He's been with Durge since they were a child.

I'd kill to see the jealous interactions between Scleritas and AA :p

P.S. Your Durge is stunning *-*

It once happened to me that my group had to intervene in a duel against Orin in Honour Mode to save the fight. The Dark Urge can do anything but NEVER lose the duel against Orin. This is completely terrible on every level. frown

You are a tiny Urge and slaughter your surrogate family with your tiny daggers. Sceleritas has always been by your side, even though you didn't grow up in the Bhaal Temple.
The story of the Dark Urge is very cruel and very similar to that of Astarion.

Thank you. smile This is my Dark Urge "Eden", she accompanies me through all my adventures. She hates wearing shoes and has a secret fondness for clown makeup, she can smell it from afar and is magically drawn to it. She also constantly annoys Astarion, and the more she annoys him, the faster his approval increases. He has no chance of resisting her. smile

PS.:Take the scene with Shadowheart and Lae'zel, where Shadowheart holds a knife to Lae'zel's neck. This is how it could go with Sceleritas and Astarion. smile I'll have to try out the ring of metamorphosis to see if the size ratio fits. I got the tip to take a Hireling and use the ring to turn it into Sceleritas, so you can at least take it with you. It would be nicer if Sceleritas could interact. frown When does the scene with Shadowheart & Lae'zel come? Before or after you were in the goblin camp and the astral prism reacted for the first time?

Last edited by Sini; 14/06/24 09:06 PM.

It once happened to me that my group had to intervene in a duel against Orin in Honour Mode to save the fight. The Dark Urge can do anything but NEVER lose the duel against Orin. This is completely terrible on every level. frown

You are a tiny Urge and slaughter your surrogate family with your tiny daggers. Sceleritas has always been by your side, even though you didn't grow up in the Bhaal Temple.
The story of the Dark Urge is very cruel and very similar to that of Astarion.

Thank you. smile This is my Dark Urge "Eden", she accompanies me through all my adventures. She hates wearing shoes and has a secret fondness for clown makeup, she can smell it from afar and is magically drawn to it. She also constantly annoys Astarion, and the more she annoys him, the faster his approval increases. He has no chance of resisting her. smile

PS.:Take the scene with Shadowheart and Lae'zel, where Shadowheart holds a knife to Lae'zel's neck. This is how it could go with Sceleritas and Astarion. smile I'll have to try out the ring of metamorphosis to see if the size ratio fits. I got the tip to take a Hireling and use the ring to turn it into Sceleritas, so you can at least take it with you. It would be nicer if Sceleritas could interact. frown When does the scene with Shadowheart & Lae'zel come? Before or after you were in the goblin camp and the astral prism reacted for the first time?

For me the Lae'zel/Shadowheart scene didn't happen until Grymforge, but I wasn't doing a lot of long rests so I probably missed a lot. I think the scene can happen after the prism shows you the shadowy visions of the 3 chosen (Orin, Gortash, Ketheric) for the first time. So right around the time you walk up to the Goblin Camp, at least I think so.

Yes I can see that interaction as AA and Sceleritas :p hahaha
If you talk to him as Astarion right before you enter Bhaal temple, he also chastises him a bit.

The video you shared was adorable! I could see both AA and Sceleritas talking to each other like that, lol.
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Like at least my Dark Urge has Sceleritas there as support, and maybe tell AA off if he peeves her off.
I noticed he said "He" in the video, does he always use that pronoun even if your Urge uses she?

Last edited by Celesti4; 14/06/24 09:31 PM.
Yes, unfortunately the pronouns are often incorrect. frown Almost everything is designed for the Origin Dark Urge.

Thanks, I'll see if I still have an old save somewhere nearby.

I could very well imagine Sceleritas and Astarion together. Suddenly Sceleritas is gone... thrown down a cliff by Astarion. smile They constantly insult and argue with each other.

Yes, unfortunately the pronouns are often incorrect. frown Almost everything is designed for the Origin Dark Urge.

Oh that sucks. frown I don't want to be picky but that would kind of break immersion for me. It would be better if they used "they/them" here I guess if they couldn't record it two or three different times. I liked that he does used specific feminine ones sometimes though, like "Milady" and "sweet lady" instead of Milord.

I could very well imagine Sceleritas and Astarion together. Suddenly Sceleritas is gone... thrown down a cliff by Astarion. smile They constantly insult and argue with each other.

Oh I just love this idea.^^ Imagining him getting dropped kicked off a cliff by Astarion, LOL. Sceleritas can be killed multiple times so I could see AA taking advantage of that and enjoying it.

Last edited by Celesti4; 14/06/24 09:57 PM.
Oh that sucks. frown I don't want to be picky but that would kind of break immersion for me. It would be better if they used "they/them" here I guess if they couldn't record it two or three different times. I liked that he does used specific feminine ones sometimes though, like "Milady" and "sweet lady" instead of Milord.

In Act 1 he almost always says "Milady" and in Act 3 I don't remember him ever using the female form. There is a mod that corrects the incorrect pronouns, because it doesn't just occur in the Dark Urge. But I'm not sure if he's correcting everything with the Dark Urge at the moment.

Oh I just love this idea.^^ Imagining him getting dropped kicked off a cliff by Astarion, LOL. Sceleritas can be killed multiple times so I could see AA taking advantage of that and enjoying it.

And Astarion then acts as if nothing had happened. That sounds like fun, we need a mod for Sceleritas Fel smile As you say, both are immortal as long as they don't destroy their bodies. This will be worse than the conversations between Shadowheart and Lae'zel. Or they push each other away, who gets to stand next to you? The Dark Urge would like THAT. smile

Last edited by Sini; 14/06/24 10:22 PM.

In Act 1 he almost always says "Milady" and in Act 3 I don't remember him ever using the female form. There is a mod that corrects the incorrect pronouns, because it doesn't just occur in the Dark Urge. But I'm not sure if he's correcting everything with the Dark Urge at the moment.

Hmm that would kind of bother me to be honest because it's almost like reminding me I should actually be the default male Urge. I hope that they might still fix this in the future. It's not the end of the world if they leave it like this, but if there is a mod for it then I'll definitely use it.

And Astarion then acts as if nothing had happened. That sounds like fun, we need a mod for Sceleritas Fel smile As you say, both are immortal as long as they don't destroy their bodies. This will be worse than the conversations between Shadowheart and Lae'zel. Or they push each other away, who gets to stand next to you? The Dark Urge would like THAT. smile

Bahaha this needs to happen! Sceleritas and AA pushing each other out of the way to be near Durge, insulting each other, Sceleritas pushing himself between Durge and AA when they're trying to sit next to each other. Sceleritas is an ever-present and vigilant 3rd person in this romance. hahaha

I wish so much that I could keep him even as a redeemed Urge, after everything she went through. frown It's so touching how protective he is of Dark Urge and that he said "Know that I love them best!"

Durge to Astarion and Sceleritas grin
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Bahaha this needs to happen! Sceleritas and AA pushing each other out of the way to be near Durge, insulting each other, Sceleritas pushing himself between Durge and AA when they're trying to sit next to each other. Sceleritas is an ever-present and vigilant 3rd person in this romance. hahaha

I wish so much that I could keep him even as a redeemed Urge, after everything she went through. frown It's so touching how protective he is of Dark Urge and that he said "Know that I love them best!"

Durge to Astarion and Sceleritas grin
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. smile This little evil guy who only lives to serve you and who adores you beyond measure... and then there comes this stupid guy, he doesn't even want to say his name, so it's clear that he would try to make Astarions life as unpleasant as possible. He's not allowed to kill him, that would result in the wrath of the Durge, but everything else... smile You have to imagine that AA is still trying to remain elevated and dignified while the annoying little "dog" bites him in the leg... figuratively speaking. smile

I picked out the scene with Shadowheart and Lea'zel (and if Lea'zel already looks like Astarion, I also watched the night with Lea'zel ; )). Unfortunately the properties don't fit, so he then tries to scale on Shadowheart's size. Things look good with a halfling hireling, but unfortunately you can't talk to him. My current Durge has a lack of companions anyway. ^^ Sigh...maybe we'll get a mean little Sceleritas as a pet if we want it hard enough. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Edit: I looked again in my library, in act 3 Sceleritas says, when he is in the camp and I talk to him, also Milady and Lady. So it always changes from text to text.

My latest shame, I've played the scene several times when I get the job, but I like it best without it. smile How happy he is to be killed by me. Astarion's reaction at the end is short but extremely cute. BRÜLL = ROAR

Last edited by Sini; 15/06/24 03:04 PM.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. smile This little evil guy who only lives to serve you and who adores you beyond measure... and then there comes this stupid guy, he doesn't even want to say his name, so it's clear that he would try to make Astarions life as unpleasant as possible. He's not allowed to kill him, that would result in the wrath of the Durge, but everything else... smile You have to imagine that AA is still trying to remain elevated and dignified while the annoying little "dog" bites him in the leg... figuratively speaking. smile
You said it, I can imagine that very well and that would for sure be how their dynamic would end up looking like at home. grin That is too funny. Dark Urge will feel really special then too. ^^ Two loyal and jealous guys by her side.

I picked out the scene with Shadowheart and Lea'zel (and if Lea'zel already looks like Astarion, I also watched the night with Lea'zel ; )). Unfortunately the properties don't fit, so he then tries to scale on Shadowheart's size. Things look good with a halfling hireling, but unfortunately you can't talk to him. My current Durge has a lack of companions anyway. ^^ Sigh...maybe we'll get a mean little Sceleritas as a pet if we want it hard enough. smile
I will have to try both! Omg... Lae'zel scene but it's Astarion! xD That's a must-see.

I looked again in my library, in act 3 Sceleritas says, when he is in the camp and I talk to him, also Milady and Lady. So it always changes from text to text.
That's good, I'm glad that the feminine version is still there sometimes.

I really liked the scene in the video! I remember Sceleritas saying at the Bhaal temple that being killed by Durge is pleasurable for him, lmao. And it sounds like he's really enjoying it here. :p Astarion's reactions are so funny, the way he says "Look at you~!" And the way he says "Horrifying...>:)" He's not scared at all. :p It sounds like he's just flirting with your Durge.

It's interesting to me that in German they use the formal Euch/Ihr/Sie. They keep doing that even after you're in a romantic relationship with them?

I'm excited to start a new game where I can be a fully evil Durge and have only Astarion and maybe Minthara in the group. smile

Edit: The screenshot looks so good! It could be real! : D

Last edited by Celesti4; 15/06/24 07:52 PM.
I really liked the scene in the video! I remember Sceleritas saying at the Bhaal temple that being killed by Durge is pleasurable for him, lmao. And it sounds like he's really enjoying it here. :p Astarion's reactions are so funny, the way he says "Look at you~!" And the way he says "Horrifying...>:)" He's not scared at all. :p It sounds like he's just flirting with your Durge.

Yes, they are flirting with each other because her "ROAR" is meant to be funny. I like that she was still able to chose to offer him blood, this makes it seem very relaxed and almost everyday. smile But he shouldn't get the idea, that the tiny bat should challenge the Slayer to a duel. wink

Yes, in the German version they talk very formally to each other throughout the game. The German translation is often not very good either, I sometimes have to look at the original English text to understand what is meant.

I'm excited to start a new game where I can be a fully evil Durge and have only Astarion and maybe Minthara in the group. smile

I will only have Astarion, Minthara and Shadowheart in my current group. Shadowheart is to become a dark justiciar. I then killed the rest of the companions. As I mentioned, I'm currently looking for the most possible evil way through the game, without losing too much story and without killing everyone. Basically training for Patch 7 and testing out a few things.:) I hate raiding the grove, but just knocking out Minthara is too easy. So I let her attack the grove, betray her and as a Drow sister, I knock her out after the fight. Killing defenseless Tieflings isn't bad enough for my Durge.

I try to do most of the fights with Astarion alone, the other companions I have with me more for RP reasons or if something goes completely wrong. The most fun I had with Astarion, when he got caught by stealing from Father Carrion and it totally escalated. We had to use every dirty trick. smile I'm always stealing from everyone and stealing everything and I make pretty much every bad decision, Drow answers can get you into trouble very quickly. smile

Last edited by Sini; 15/06/24 10:37 PM.

Yes, they are flirting with each other because her "ROAR" is meant to be funny. I like that she was still able to chose to offer him blood, this makes it seem very relaxed and almost everyday. smile But he shouldn't get the idea, that the tiny bat should challenge the Slayer to a duel. wink

Lol! Not his little 1 HP bat form hahaha If he annoys Dark Urge, she could just swat at him with her hand.

I will only have Astarion, Minthara and Shadowheart in my current group. Shadowheart is to become a dark justiciar. I then killed the rest of the companions. As I mentioned, I'm currently looking for the most possible evil way through the game, without losing too much story and without killing everyone. Basically training for Patch 7 and testing out a few things.:) I hate raiding the grove, but just knocking out Minthara is too easy. So I let her attack the grove, betray her and as a Drow sister, I knock her out after the fight. Killing defenseless Tieflings isn't bad enough for my Durge.
I try to do most of the fights with Astarion alone, the other companions I have with me more for RP reasons or if something goes completely wrong. The most fun I had with Astarion, when he got caught by stealing from Father Carrion and it totally escalated. We had to use every dirty trick. smile I'm always stealing from everyone and stealing everything and I make pretty much every bad decision, Drow answers can get you into trouble very quickly. smile

No wonder Sceleritas admires your Durge so much when she's so brilliantly evil. I have a feeling I'm going to have too much fun playing this way. I did my goody 2 shoes run already and now it's time to do the opposite. Let's see what happens with our dynamic duo in Patch 7. wink

Let's see what happens with our dynamic duo in Patch 7. wink

I'm a little afraid of them.:) I really hope that their romance will be somewhat aligned and that when they reach their goal together AA also shows something like joy and satisfaction. They might dance in love in a burning city under a bloodmoon.*dream*. I need a new dress^^

Last edited by Sini; 16/06/24 04:51 PM.

I'm a little afraid of them.:) I really hope that their romance will be somewhat aligned and that when they reach their goal together AA also shows something like joy and satisfaction. They might dance in love in a burning city under a bloodmoon.*dream*. I need a new dress^^

Yes, I like that idea. Or slow dancing together in the new ballroom, with the moonlight shining in. And Sceleritas there in the corner. grin They could show them having some devilish fun together at one of AA's masked balls.
I think this would be hard for them to do, but I'd love to see several portraits of the two of them together wearing different period style clothing or something, to show them living together happily for many centuries more. smile

Yes, I like that idea. Or slow dancing together in the new ballroom, with the moonlight shining in. And Sceleritas there in the corner. grin They could show them having some devilish fun together at one of AA's masked balls.
I think this would be hard for them to do, but I'd love to see several portraits of the two of them together wearing different period style clothing or something, to show them living together happily for many centuries more. smile

Uh, this would be so nice smile (Photobomb Sceleritas smile )

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard