Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
stranger
stranger
I
Lost my recovered saves again after the last update. Still I’ve managed to recover last save one more time with the instructions above. It took me 7-8 times to restart console, game, connect and disconnect the Wi-Fi in the settings. Also as the settings of the game was default I changed them to the settings I had when I played: 2 auto saves and cross saves is on. This time last save was recovered when I was not connected to the internet. Still it is not clear what steps helped.
Larian and Microsoft should fix this issue asap - it is like playing during early access when each update is a whipe! Tough it is not early access and the game is selling do the full price! I do not remember such a bugy release (with critical problems as deleted saves) of an AAA game for a long time.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Want to start on this game, was hoping to do so last weekend but then I heard about this game breaking bug on Digital Foundry just before I was intending to play.

To make things worse there are articles going around claiming the problem is fixed.
This from just 2 days ago.
https://www.gameleap.com/news/baldurs-gate-3-game-breaking-xbox-issue-finally-fixed

But I am reading here and Reddit that the problem is still persisting.

This game sounds like it should be pulled off of the Xbox store completely. Damaged save files make the game literally unplayable and should be treated as a completely broken product.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I lost my saves again today. :-(

No workaraound has fixed the problem for me. (BG3 and XSX Firmware up to date)

S
stranger
stranger
S
I faced the same problem. When I turn off the console (even if it's just going into sleep mode), after a while (about a couple of hours) all saves are lost and when you start the game, the license agreement appears, as when you first start the game. In total, I lost about 50 hours starting over after each such loss. And is this the game of the year?

K
stranger
stranger
K
If there is no fix for this, Larian needs to pull the game from the microsoft store.

I spent $160 on this and just lost almost 100 hours in save files.

They need to be issuing refunds and apologies instead of trying to blame microsoft.

Edit: Id like to also point out that the forum software they use is the same forum software I use on my family reunion website. Thats why it goes down when more than 5 people try to access it. So that should give you an idea how much money Larian is investing in itself.

Last edited by Knowvember; 22/12/23 03:08 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
The problem is xbox firmware and unfortunately they (xbox) haven't updated past firmware 2921 yet.
The only info we have is they are looking at it. The link for the news page re this is
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/recent-news/?_categories=insider

and the last post that acknowledges the issue is from 14th Dec. "Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha (2402.231212-2200)"
So it may be unlikely we'll see a fix until the New Year

(Link to Alpha Notes: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/12/14/xbox-insider-release-notes-alpha-2402-231212-2200/)

Specific Quote about getting it fixed from the Article:
"Fixes to address an issue that could cause unexpected loss of saved progress in various titles."

So it's out of Larian's hands now. We *must* wait for Xbox to return from holidays.

Personally, I have lost 8x 6-10hr files that cannot progress past Act 1 (bc I need to sleep lol :p)
I am losing enthusiasm for going thru the prologue, they don't let you skip it either.

The best thing to do is, after the game saves are lost, to use the Xbox function of "Report Error"
Perhaps if they are flooded with reports of this issue they'll focus on it?
Not many people do this anyway but it could help.

Last edited by popcultured4; 23/12/23 07:37 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
It is larian who released the game on the console with this problem. It is not the “console released for the game”. If it is some specific Microsoft firmware issue larian should have been had it in mind. In such situation they should work with Microsoft together and at least be in touch with the players not lying to them that “problem is solved”.

P
stranger
stranger
P
updating the game won't help; we need to wait until xbox fixes firmware save. Something about interruptions to cloud saves. Which is silly bc it should be to hard drive imo

K
stranger
stranger
K
oh look, another 8 hour save lost.

I have now requested a refund. Larian needs to grow up and maybe hire some adults to run their company. Also, maybe some of you fanboys can stop riding them so hard they are fine with selling broken products.

P
stranger
stranger
P
???? ??? ??? ????????????, ??????? ???????? ??? ??????, ??? ??????? ???? ?? ?????????? ?????, ??????? ??? ?????? ???????? ??????? ?????????? ?? ??? ???????

Last edited by Psyhopoool; 26/12/23 01:18 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
????????, ??? ?? ??? ??????, ?? ??? ???? ????, ??? ???? ? ????? ????????? ?????? ?????? ? ??????? - ??????? ? ???, ??? ????? ???????????? ? ??????? ????? ????? ???????? ??????

R
stranger
stranger
R
My saves disappeared twice: once mid-game on December 24 and then the next day, on December 25th.
First time the saves were gone I think I left the game paused (saved and opened the game menu, gameplay was on the background). I went away for maybe 20 or so minutes and found the inscription with something like “connection to the servers is lost”. I did’t pay much attention, opened the saves to save the progress one more time and didn’t find the saves. Ok, it was my only character and didn’t seem like such a big deal. I simply created a couple more saves (1-2 manual save and several quick ones). Spent another hour or two and called it a day.
The next day (December 25th) ALL save files were gone. It’s over 70 hours of progress.
What blows my mind is the fact there’s no overwhelming hussle about this, almost no media coverage, no enraged youtubers or at least a public apology from Larian. Shit like that happens to CDPR and the whole world would know about it in hours. But Larian for some reason think it’s okay to ship the broken product and not even let the customers know how crucial the problem is.
I encourage every player how faces this bug to let it be known everywhere possible. Larian support, Microsoft support, Twitter, Reddit, Metacritic, MS Store user reviews.
It doesn’t matter how good the game is.if you can lose all your progress basically at any moment - this has to be fixed ASAP.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Devs, put yourself in player’s shoes.
Your tens of hours in the game lost, how would you feel? Start over? There no guarantee that this wouldn’t happen again. Would you be encouraged to continue your attempts to finish the game? Would you still have respect to the people who sold you the broken product?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same thing, issued a refund from Microsoft. There’s no telling if it would actually work since I’ve spent quite a lot of time in my playthrough, nor will it give me back my 70 hours. But if it works, at least that’ll mean I’m not funding the early access on players’ account.

Last edited by Rudy Boy; 26/12/23 02:35 PM. Reason: Misspleled the word
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello, I have already lost all my saves 2 times (the first was 30 hours) (the second 46 hours). I've tried your method with cross-platform saving, but it doesn't work properly. You promised that you would load the last 5 saves, but it overloads the company from the very beginning! Is there any way I can get my saves back? When can I play safely? I paid the money, but I can't enjoy the game!

W
stranger
stranger
W
Just lost about 70 hours worth of gameplay. I was literally going to get minsc saved and got off for the night. Got back on to all of my saves being deleted. I still shows there is saved data for the game on the management tab for the game but i cant play.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just lost 160 hours of gameplay on Series X (yes, I’ve been playing A LOT—too much, really.) Needless to say, I’m a bit miffed about the whole thing. Tried different things to get the saves back but no luck. Probably not gonna play it until it definitely gets fixed and even then I may not return to it. Guess I gotta go do something else now. Like go outside or see people or something dumb like that.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I tried every "trick" / "workaround" - nothing works. Not even going Offline to try and keep the save on local storage - it resets as soon as it detects online connection (which is needed for updates, purchases, online games, etc) which is a ridiculous option anyway to stay offline for just one game. Xbox seem to be on holidays now too so we're unlikely to resolve this until they update firmware that addresses this specific issue.

xbox series x firmware still sitting on 2921
bg3 now at 1.5.4

I
stranger
stranger
I
Just wanted to say thanks you guys from Larian for releasing this broken mess after 3 extra months of development.
I just lost all my save data with 55h of progress and i don't even know when this wonderful bug will be ever fixed.
Larian pointing at microsoft, but guess what? You could just playtested your game before release, but still you decided to release it broken, take xbox-players money and go on holiday vacation without hotfix.
Thank you guys!

F
stranger
stranger
F
40h wasted. Furthermore - I can't even start a new game, because can't save it. Delete some saves it was said - but I can't see any of my previous saves. So game in fact is locked for me. Hope you'll fix it ASAP

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard