Originally Posted by Filia
I imagine the requirements for the characters' writer have been like:

Halsin: Nature, Sex, Sex, Sex, I can't emphasize this enough: SEX. Oh, also a bit of story. We need variation. Add bear sex to the list. And sexual offers at different points. And he is really horny.
SH: Emo, Shar, Shar, Shar, Halsin Sex, a bit of story (make 2 different paths that have other hair colors)
and so on.
Gale, maybe: Lots of jokes. On him, of course.

Sorry, let's be honest: How could they think this is enough for such a huge game? It feels like this writing is the first game of some teenage kids with c*mstained fingers who learned writing via 30 min YT guides. It just lacks so much.

Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Astarion literally tells you "I don't want you to see me through the lens of sex", and look what the game's marketing did with him.

The problem is, that players that fall for that marketing don't even care for the story, they don't pay attention to it or they have their headcanon.
All they use the game for is to lust for the 3D models and the voices and ultimately for the VAs themselves - Dave (Halsin's VA) once said that he got a good bunch of horny posts.
Even Jennifer (SH's VA) once said (what sounded a bit like a joke, tbf) that males could stop sending her nudes.

And I don't even think that Larian is the (only) one to blame, it's more like the community, especially on all those social media pages/apps. They bring their own fetishes, headcanons and such into it and as a game studio, you just serve what the market asks for.
Halsin: SEX SEX NATURE SEX, I was a sex slave to the drow and I liked it (and I like ducks) oh look, I'm such an incredibly deep and complex character.

Selunite Shadowheart: sex shar sex, I went swimming with my true love to cleanse myself of the impurities from the cult that ruined my life, except for the orgies they forced me into. I actually enjoyed each and every one of those. I'll dye my hair white so people think I've changed, but secretly at night, I think of Halsin SEX SEX.