That's a cool scene, but what bugs me about is that it isn't really Daisy offering it to him, it's the narrator showing what he's thinking on his own. I suppose you could interpret that as her manipulating him by showing him things to get the desired reaction, but I found her interactions with us so clumsy and obvious that I've long been biased against thinking she could be that effective and subtle. If she was that subtle and thoughtful with Tav I'd probably think differently.

Originally Posted by Anska
Maybe if you don't take temptation literally? Cazador seems great at goading Astarion - if you look the start of the fight - so calling Astarion, weak, pathetic, too scared to grasp for real power .... that might work. You usually know that people in your dreams aren't real, but their insults still sting because they are so often reminiscent of things that actually happened.

The reverse psychology angle works for Astarion, but that still leaves the others. They're all aware that the dream visions aren't real and are tempting them, and that they have a thing in their heads invested in making them take power. They're basically in the worst possible position to fall for that kind of manipulation. I think its telling if we only have Astarion's Daisy dream sequence as well, as he's the only one who voices an interest in keeping the parasite. I still think Larian realized their original plan simply would not have made sense for the others and they had written themselves into a corner and had to change course.