Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27
addict
addict
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
I did it the old fashioned mass murder way, so no Halsin for me. I'm basically redoing an older playthrough that itself got murdered by patch 5. I got to the middle of Act 2 in that one. Poor Minthara was not doing well in the bug department, and talking to her as Astarion was kinda sad because he really gets her, but of course Larian didn't give them any special dialogue.

I'm going to do it too. I'm trying to make all the choices I think Astarion would make, remembering his comments, suggestions, approvals and disapprovals from my Tav playthrough and vids. I found his and Lae'zel's banter about obliterating the grove after visiting it for the first time rather funny. That is sad to hear that there are no special lines. frown

The choice to convince Halsin is something I'd like to have for other playthroughs.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Unfortuantely the Origins are in many cases excluded from party banter - and I can't see any pattern for when they are excluded and when not. For example for Origin Gale in Act 3 you do get the bit in which he promises Karlach to enchant her a flying axe, but their banter in the Blushing Mermaid about who buys drinks does not trigger. It's just weird.

And while Halsin might have a purpose in Act 3. I do like him well enough until the begining of Act 3, so I'd rather leave him behind and keep his character intact than take him along and ... well, there is more than one thread about it.

addict
addict
It's not the banter.

After you get Minthara out of Moonrise, you can talk to her in camp about how
the Absolute controlled her and how she wants revenge, she even says they broke her mind. And I'm standing there as Astarion, screaming internally at the lack of any kind of "I can relate" response.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
The workaround for getting her as a knockout wasn’t clear and I may go back and try again. There should be a better indication it works

I made the mistake of clearing the camp and then knocking her out but apparently it’s a little more complicated. Now you are supposed to aggravate her/knock her out and then clear camp out. Really immersion breaking.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Darn, I've been wanting to recruit Minthana for a long time. She's the only character left for me to meet from the entire BG3 cast, but I'm waiting for Larian to fix everything regarding her, including her recruitment on the good route. Honestly, it seems more like a poorly made mod than an official way to recruit her. I mean, she and Halsin share a tent in the camp and they don't say anything to each other, knowing they are mortal enemies? As I said, it seems like a bug, really

addict
addict
I saw that she can now be kissed while romanced, so at least that's a small improvement. The kiss is the old lame peck that everyone started with though.

Hey guys, I came here to share some news:

As of Hotfix 16, it is now possible to kiss Minthara in camp.

Yes, after 5 months since release, the option finally appears when you talk to her. This was never possible before, even after they mentioned it twice in previous updates.

Although the hotfix does come with its own set of problems and Minthara is not excluded.
1. First of all, I found it weird that there was no mention of this in the patch notes. A heads up would have been nice. It seems they finally found whatever it is that was blocking the dialogue option from appearing and some of us were left with a pleasant surprise when we opened the game.

2. It is not possible to trigger the poison kiss in older saves. I've had 4 people share this to me since the hotfix dropped, it is unclear at what exact patch does the poison kiss start to apply but those who romanced Minthara near the launch date can't seem to trigger the dialogue nor the poison effect no matter how many times they kissed her.

3. It is not possible to trigger the poison cloud effect/debuff in older saves. There should be a chance for you to get a poison debuff after you kiss Minthara. In all my saves, I can only trigger the dialogue where you notice she has poison on her lips (point 2) but I never got the poison debuff. I had no idea it could even trigger until I saw a post on social media, and my friend came to me saying it triggered in a save where she romanced Minthara after Patch 5.

4. There is no unique kiss animation for Minthara yet, she greets us with "You wish to consult me?" as always, and we still don't have the option to break up with her. Hopefully Larian will add to this soon and fix the issues I mentioned above :3

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
And nothing about her bugged dialogue in act two, which I actually got a response from Larian that 'they are aware of the issue'. I guess I'll wait for a patch that actually fixes her content.

apprentice
apprentice
So, I'm finally almost done with Act III, and I still couldn't trigger the alurlssrin scene. I'm not sure if it is still bugged, despite Larian previously announcing they fixed it, or if there is some very specific circumstances needed to trigger it. If anyone actually managed to get it, please tell me how.

veteran
veteran
Same, never saw any scene with Minthara in ACT 3 where she uses the elvish word for love. I'm even a Lolth Drow too.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm also playing a lolth-sworn drow. They didn't block it off for that, did they? I mean, I get that its a word for the worshippers of Elistraee, but surely they wouldn't do that?

old hand
old hand
Hang on, I thought that nobody had seen her act three romance scene in ages because it just doesn’t trigger? When was the last time it’s documented that somebody saw that? Like in a YouTube video.

apprentice
apprentice
Its in the patchnotes for patch 5 that they allegedly unblocked the alurlssrin scene. I've also seen a youtube video from like a month ago, post patch 5, where someone had that conversation, their Tav was not a drow though. I'm not sure if its modded or not, since any video of that scene from before patch 5 was modded, as far as I know.

I just don't know if it's simply still bugged despite their patchnotes claiming otherwise, or it's really just insanely specific. There is some scenes and lines with other characters that you can get, but it's rather specific about what you need to do (or not do) to get them. Like with Isobel
when she speaks about Aylin taking a month-long walk

veteran
veteran
Hahahaha I can't believe this...

ZERO romantic dialogues and reactions throughout the entirety of ACTs 2 and 3, other than the pitiful "Can I Kiss You?" option with a placeholder kissing animation while she acts as if we aren't even romantically involved. And then at the VERY END of ACT 3 when the whole world goes to tsk'va she suddenly has all sorts of lines where she's romantic as hell. Calling us love, being caring, inspirational, urging us to seize opportunity and not fall into doubt.

The very best of her character and her inner heart is quite literally shown only during the very end of the act while the whole world is falling apart. Omg... where was all this for the last 60 hours I've been playing!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's like someone flipped her switch out of nowhere and realized she has a soul mate next to her. Unfortunately I never got any of her supposedly unique elvish love scenes either, so got no clue what's up with that those. Maybe it's an epilogue thingy.

Yeah, Minthara's romance has always been in a pathetic state and the "new" kiss option makes only a smidge of a difference.

I want to see if I'd get the alurlssrin line in a new playthrough as some changes only apply to newer saves, but at this point I've gotten tired because I'm starting to feel like an unwilling playtester for this game. Once again I'd like to urge everyone to send bug reports about Minthara since there are no guarantees Larian will check this particular thread.

old hand
old hand
You probably missed a lot of stuff that was supposed to trigger but didn’t. There’s no way her voice actor didn’t record any romantic dialogue for Acts 2 and 3. Crazy how badly it’s bugged. It must be incredibly frustrating, given that I’m frustrated by even small bugs with my girl Shadowheart. Folks on this thread are right, this is straight-up unacceptable.

There was not even the option to romance Minthara when I recruited her on the good path. It was all very weird.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 14/01/24 07:05 PM.
old hand
old hand
We are all definitely playtesters lol

Originally Posted by rendemption
2. It is not possible to trigger the poison kiss in older saves.
3. It is not possible to trigger the poison cloud effect/debuff in older saves.
Hello, came here to add on to my comment. I randomly got the debuff for the first time today after downloading the new hotfix so this problem might be fixed now. Just to clarify, I previously said it isn't possible because some people I know spammed the option for half an hour (yeah, we're crazy) and got no dialogue at all while others got it very easily.

If anyone finds any new bugs, do share. There's still barely any content for Minthara though :'3

A
stranger
stranger
A
Crazy they made an unnecessary tweak for Gale, added the kiss option for Minthara which should've been present since release, and just left all her other bugs. No mention, no nothing. How many more bug reports do I have to send for them to fix her?

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
veteran
veteran
I read through some of Minthara's Consulting firm feedback on discord earlier today while waiting for the boards to come back to life.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

https://discord.com/channels/98922182746329088/1198632096193855498

Nice work there! hahah

Also I just keep thinking back to when they changed her eyeshadow to white and gave her the pixie trim and the goofy ringmail. Various wounds, mostly grievous, and then like what, maybe 3-6 months before we finally got to see her Armor? No one is more patient. But her safety color there is still missmatched (as noted in one of the feedback volumes over there as well) cause she still has her clerical blue for the boots, instead of the black/violet/brass tones she's been repping with the Spidersilk.

OG Minthara had the Chain on and rocked blue as her safety color. She also presented like a War Cleric as the temp follower at first, before Paladin was added (probably why peeps figured Karlach would be the Paladin initially I guess) but anyway, she still needs the boots to match her new look since the overhaul back in 21.

I'd say nobody puts Baby in a corner, but then this is where she gets to hang at the Elfsong tavern if you go the knockout route... lol

Like half the time she has to pretend to be a potted plant while she prays?

Least in Rivington she's foregrounded...

I mean you can't tell me that pile of skulls by the tent isn't meant for Minthara! ? hehe

Last edited by Black_Elk; 22/01/24 08:59 AM.
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard