Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 49 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 48 49
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by EdaLee
Unnecessary and boring, I don't like repeating myself anymore.
Hmm maybe I've missed it, don't remember you commenting on that much aside from "it only happens once" or something like that.

old hand
old hand
There’s no need to engage with a thread if you aren’t feeling enthusiastic about it. I’d be interested to read more about the lore of the wood elves if you have a link/sources. I’m not that familiar with the DND world.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
There’s no need to engage with a thread if you aren’t feeling enthusiastic about it. I’d be interested to read more about the lore of the wood elves if you have a link/sources. I’m not that familiar with the DND world.
Wood elf lore(Halsin fits well there with his belief) "Wood elven romantic and sexual relationships were often polyamorous in nature, with members of the race freely engaging or ceasing relations with partners. Jealousy and possessiveness were looked down upon by Wood elves and were reasons to be mocked. Because of that, High elves, which Astarion is(Shadowheart is half-high elf), often believed that any relationships with Wood elves were destined for failure and weren't taken seriously."

I think it's not a coincidence that these 2(excluding Karlach) are only "ok" with Halsin "fun".

Weren't taken seriously is a key here imo.

Last edited by Netav; 02/01/24 03:04 AM.
Of course I can write that here the same people repeat themselves in the same thread all the time and the mutual answers are just a repetition. So that's what I wrote.

N
addict
addict
N
Of course I can write that here the same people repeat themselves in the same thread all the time and the mutual answers are just a repetition. So that's what I wrote.
There are new ppl who came there and wonder about this topic, so whats the problem?
Sorry, I really do not remember your take on situation of Halsin being sexpest(which is not woodelf lore) or him not taking explicit "No" as an answer from Tav. So thats why asked you to remind me or provide link to post with your take on this, really curious.

Inflate the thread artificially, only if necessary, I've written enough at the moment.

N
addict
addict
N
Inflate the thread artificially, only if necessary, I've written enough at the moment.
You are the one inflating it btw, your last few comments are basically spam without a purpose. If you don't want to tell your opinion or provide a link to your post with that opinion, than it's you, who are spamming it, I just asked your opinion because I seriously do not remember that. All I remember is "stop exaggerate, he only tries once"(which is obviously false and we can provide ingame link of this and not one).

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I think you only come here to say that you think this is an exaggeration and say that you don't know why people don't like the encounter in Sharess Caress, leave once someone explains why they think it's gross, then return a couple pages later to do the same thing all over again.

My real opinion would be, no thanks. I think all the companions have something or are not normal, even Wyll with the demon stuff, as a game you can handle it.
DA had companions like that too, but not all the romances were that strange.

N
addict
addict
N
My real opinion would be, no thanks. I think all the companions have something or are not normal, even Wyll with the demon stuff, as a game you can handle it.
So basically you admit that Halsin is not normal? Lmao.
Weird "defining feature" for a character, being sexpest and a creeper. You should be at least not surprised why topics such as this appear.
but not all the romances were that strange.
Wdym strange?

No, I don't think so, I meant that all the companions had something. By romances I meant the characters themselves, not everyone comes from a weird/unhealthy background or has experienced something similar.

N
addict
addict
N
No, I don't think so, I meant that all the companions had something. By romances I meant the characters themselves, not everyone comes from a weird/unhealthy background or has experienced something similar.
Well, yes? I just don't see how it is connected to my og post. Halsin's "story" with Isobel death etc. was cut and instead we got this sexpest/creeper and it is not okay, thats why we have topics like this.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Halsin is somehow both lame and creepy, how does that even work? Normally creepiness can add some intrigue to a character, like Nosferatu. But for Halsin, he's just an incompetent hippie with a bland personality that pervs on people.

You know what I think about the whole thing (you wrote it). My opinion applies to all companions who I wouldn't really consider because of their background.

N
addict
addict
N
You know what I think about the whole thing (you wrote it). My opinion applies to all companions who I wouldn't really consider because of their background.
Consider what?

I'm tired, maybe I'll write more later.

Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I feel like act 3 is so out of character for Halsin too? Like up to this point he’s been this noble guy trying to help you out, etc., but then his character’s writing rapidly degrades in quality in act 3? I think this goes back to the fact that act 3 is simply lower quality than the first two acts. The character writing takes a hit.
It is very OOC for him, imo. As we know he was an NPC and there was nothing past Act 2 for him. Halsin's story for Act 1 and 2 was written and voiced long ago, but unfortunately even it was changed and his character was changed (I don't know why and imo what we have now is less interesting in comparison to his EA personality during very early stages).
When Halsin became companion and LI Larian had to think of his romance and I still don't understand why they decided to make him a horny sex machine in Act 3 and put into his character polyamory/polygamy and "free love" vibes. This "wood elves lore", to be honest, has no base - it is a part of an article from fan wiki. There is no information on rule books or other sources about poly wood elves. As someone mentioned in Halsin thread the only example if poly relationship is presented only in one fantasy book, if I'm not mistaken. And that's it. Do what was going on in John's head when he was writing all this stuff is a mystery. You can try to ask him but I have a feeling he may not answer. I noticed he answers only some can't questions.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Noelle666
It is very OOC for him, imo. As we know he was an NPC and there was nothing past Act 2 for him. Halsin's story for Act 1 and 2 was written and voiced long ago, but unfortunately even it was changed and his character was changed (I don't know why and imo what we have now is less interesting in comparison to his EA personality during very early stages).
When Halsin became companion and LI Larian had to think of his romance and I still don't understand why they decided to make him a horny sex machine in Act 3 and put into his character polyamory/polygamy and "free love" vibes. This "wood elves lore", to be honest, has no base - it is a part of an article from fan wiki. There is no information on rule books or other sources about poly wood elves. As someone mentioned in Halsin thread the only example if poly relationship is presented only in one fantasy book, if I'm not mistaken. And that's it. Do what was going on in John's head when he was writing all this stuff is a mystery. You can try to ask him but I have a feeling he may not answer. I noticed he answers only some can't questions.
I know that this whole "lore piece" that ppl found is pretty questionable of how reliable that is, but it weirdly fits in this game situation.

A
A
I know about the woodelf lore. People either use that or the devnotes to explain how Halsin's storyline is fine.

It doesn't change the fact that in its current form, Halsin comes across as creepy (mostly because of how his romance is timed and not taking no for an answer). The main romances are also initially presented as monogamous with the poly elements clumsily added later. It doesn't change the fact that it all comes across negatively for most players.

I can also come up with hundreds of different reasons for the poly aspects, but it won't change the fact that I went 'nay' the moment it happened. I love the whole game, but people do spend a ton of time with the romances in the game. In Act 3 there are a few sex scenes, which are presented as either positive or "no consequences" but by this point, most players are invested in the romance routes, and feel bad no matter the devnotes or the lore or whatever. You can inadvertently walk into situations, which change the player's understanding of the main romance during the last moments of the game.

The lore probably comes from a book/novel, that's exactly how it is in the game. A mod wrote to us that people were constantly harassing Larian employees on X, Discord and in the forums, no wonder they hardly respond.

Page 17 of 49 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard