Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49
A
A
It's from the The Summoning by Troy Denning. A ton of lore from more obvious sources didn't make it into the game and Larian homebrewed half the things.

I'm struggling with understanding how the wood elf lore adds to this discussion.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
It's an excuse for the people blindly obsessed with Halsin to defend his behavior in the game. Besides, the fool who is way older than everyone in the group should know that not everyone is as hedonistic as him.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
it's an excuse for the people blindly obsessed with Halsin to defend his behavior in the game. Besides, the fool who is way older than everyone in the group should know that not everyone is as hedonistic as him.
I mean, some ppl love Halsin as a character and this is fine obviously. What I can't understand though is why some try to defend blatant creeper behaviour(taking "no" for an answer, further advances, accusitions) from him. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if Larian actually fixed this? Like majority of Halsinmancers from Halsin thread such as Noelle agree that some things around him are, in fact, creepy.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Exactly what I mean by blindly obsessed. There are those among Halsin fans who believe he can never do anything wrong. But there are also Halsin fans who can point out how wrong his behavior is. For example, I like Karlach but I can also point out all the questionable things about her. Like her apathy regarding soul coins, that shit is weird and yet it's never addressed in the game. But there are also people who think she can do no wrong too.

A
A
There's also an issue with the game locking the player into an exclusive romance in act 2, giving a ton of highly romantic lines suggesting serious devotion from the love interest. In act 3, you randomly find out some brand new information under the worst of circumstances. See the opening of this entire thread. No amount of wood elf lore or devotes can help with this.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by ahania
There's also an issue with the game locking the player into an exclusive romance in act 2, giving a ton of highly romantic lines suggesting serious devotion from the love interest. In act 3, you randomly find out some brand new information under the worst of circumstances. See the opening of this entire thread. No amount of wood elf lore or devotes can help with this.
Exactly, nobody would have given a damn about Shadowheart if they knew from the beginning that this was what you can expect. Like I said before, if she were presented like Isabela from Dragon Age 2 pretty much everyone would know what's up.

stranger
stranger
I 100% agree with this I guess the writers are tadpoled and do not understand how human emotions work. That's the grand design for you lmao.

Last edited by FlameSeal; 02/01/24 12:48 PM.
addict
addict
When you think about it, all this poorly implemented poly stuff between companions is only there because Halsin was included as a party member. We wouldn't have had it in the game otherwise. Everything is accomodated for him. Astarion and Shadowheart dialogues are added only because of him. They themselves never mention being poly or express wanting to try things out with other companions and you (only Astarion, when asking you to choose between him and SH or Karlach, says he would have been ok with poly under different circumstances, but it seems like it's yet another of his hedonistic masks and he's just saying it to make himself look good and shift the "blame" on the others for not being proper candidates for an arrangement, just to keep you for himself).
As cringy as the twins are, it's clear this is only sex and nothing more, and it's something you do together. With Halsin, he's there with you from act 1, watching you and your LI and then tries to insert himself in-between when things are getting serious. It's creepy. He even calls you "love" and acts like he's really infatuated with you, while SH and Astarion think there are no romantic feelings involved.

Honestly, I'd rather it was never put in the game, than added in such a terrible and insensitive way.

H
Banned
Banned
H
What you said its correct 100% but my interest just for man and woman relationship the game it self should be around and about the MC not sideC as halsin.this is not romance as it should be. there is no love between SH and MC this is not love even if the creepy halsin leave shadowwhore she will say she would miss looking to his creepy face as i heard. Just realize if you find out your girl thinking about and dream about someone else its disgusting if she love tav from all her heart she will not even think or dream about someone else the game is just about sex and sex and sex thats all. not about feeling or emotion not at all. game these days become like a moves or tv shows its become part of their entertainment thats for some people who said its just a game. I dont know for real how this trash getting the game of the year reward
Even jaheira was much better then shadowwhore. i wish i could romance her

Even yennefer was crezy mad when she find out about the thing between geralt and triss and those pervs writers and devs bring us poly and open shit thing. This is
unhealthy to watch for played

They must be so horny to give such a thing a reward. Any way im done and deleted this game from my ps never again larian ill clean and refresh my mind by playing

FFXVI good game and beautifal story between clive and jill ill play it again

not forget about the custom MC is deaf and look so silly and afraid from everything he look so stupid when gortash guard approach to fight

and as that horrible monster auntie ethel said They can shove their game into ................. Good luck with that larian They might enjoyed that as well smile

H
Banned
Banned
H
I Hope They didnt take the ASTRAL-TOUCHED TADPOLE yet or They will make something more terrible next time

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Hatestrangething
What you said its correct 100% but my interest just for man and woman relationship the game it self should be around and about the MC not sideC as halsin.this is not romance as it should be. there is no love between SH and MC this is not love even if the creepy heldin leave shadowwhore will say she would miss loking to his creepy face as i said. Just relise if you find out ypur girl thinking about and dream about someone else its if she love tav from all her heart she will not even thing to dream about someone else the game is just about sex and sex and sex thats all. not about feeling or emotion not at all. game these days become like a moves or tv shows its become part of their entertainment thats for some people who said its just a game. I dont know for real how this trash getting the game of the year reward
Even jaheira was much better then shadowwhore. i wish i could romance her

Even yennefer was crezy mad when she find out about the thing between geralt and triss and those pervs writers and devs bring us poly and open shit thing. This is
unhealthy to watch for played

They must be so horny to give such a thing a reward. Any way im done and deleted this game from my ps never again larian ill clean and refresh my mind by playing

FFXVI good game and beautifal story between clive and jill ill play it again smile

not forget about the custom MC is deaf and look so silly and afraid from everything he look so stupid when gortash guard approach to fight

and as that horrible monster auntie ethel said They can shove their game into ................. Good luck with that larian They might enjoyed that as well smile
I totally understand you. Even with two versions of Shadowheart, one supposedly truly in love with Tav and the other not, the writer stupidly decides to add this fetish with Halsin for both versions of the character. A person who loves you doesn't flirt with someone else in front of their partner. A person who loves and values you doesn’t go around revealing they desperately want to sleep with someone else, especially someone you've known since Act 1, 'regardless of it being in the context of a brothel.' It's disgusting and not healthy in a relationship.

Last edited by Sobocles; 03/01/24 06:19 AM.
H
Banned
Banned
H
You are right about this. I just can't imagine my girl would dream about someone else its just so bad. They said the game its about romance and all. It's not . I wish you a good day my friend

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Sobocles
I totally understand you. Even with two versions of Shadowheart, one supposedly truly in love with Tav and the other not, the writer stupidly decides to add this fetish with Halsin for both versions of the character. A person who loves you doesn't flirt with someone else in front of their partner. A person who loves and values you doesn’t go around revealing they desperately want to sleep with someone else, especially someone you've known since Act 1, 'regardless of it being in the context of a brothel.' It's disgusting and not healthy in a relationship.
Honestly why not separate Shar SH and Selune SH? I can see Shar SH doing all this.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Netav
Honestly why not separate Shar SH and Selune SH? I can see Shar SH doing all this.
I have no idea. There were so many scenarios to better emphasize Shadowheart's character development and the change she underwent after the decision in Act 2 regarding her romance. Selunite Shadowheart should get angry if you cheat on her with Mizora, even break up with you if you do that. Selunite Shadowheart should reject Halsin's poly proposal or at least show some hesitation before accepting it. Selunite Shadowheart should refuse all that nonsense in the brothel, or at least have a different reaction (like Gale, who literally has to be coerced into it). But no, the writer decided to recycle dialogues and just change her hairstyle in all those scenarios. A missed opportunity, all for the sake of adding more Unnecessary sex scenes with a black screen in the background.

Last edited by Sobocles; 03/01/24 07:20 AM.
H
Banned
Banned
H
Story it self is really bad my friend. When i give her the noblestalk for example i thought she will remember something useful for her like how her evil goddess shar treated her or to remember her family no not even any of that she just bring us a tranny purple hair that all what she remembered. like i care about that. and about the ending she will make a spot for her loved one what kind of logic is this. I feel who made her story was drunk or something

N
addict
addict
N
I have no idea. There were so many scenarios to better emphasize Shadowheart's character development and the change she underwent after the decision in Act 2 regarding her romance. Selunite Shadowheart should get angry if you cheat on her with Mizora, even break up with you if you do that. Selunite Shadowheart should reject Halsin's poly proposal or at least show some hesitation before accepting it. Selunite Shadowheart should refuse all that nonsense in the brothel, or at least have a different reaction (like Gale, who literally has to be coerced into it). But no, the writer decided to recycle dialogues and just change her hairstyle in all those scenarios. A missed opportunity, all for the sake of adding more Unnecessary sex scenes with a black screen in the background.
Given how insecure she is and sort of clingy. I think she should forgive Mizora anyway on Selunite path, but reaction should be different. Halsin poly proposal reaction should be different(not saying she should just refuse it, maybe more persuasion for this?). Brothel same thing.
Makes no sense her being so insecure(like her post house of grief scene), but suddenly ready to put whole relationship to risk by some uncareful words? idk
Story it self is really bad my friend. When i give her the noblestalk for example i thought she will remember something useful for her like how her evil goddess shar treated her or to remember her family no not even any of that she just bring us a tranny purple hair that all what she remembered. like i care about that. and about the ending she will make a spot for her loved one what kind of logic is this. I feel who made her story was drunk or something
Wdym spot? Have you played her epilogue yet?

Last edited by Netav; 03/01/24 07:26 AM.
H
Banned
Banned
H
Yeah i had both if i save her family one of the last line she said she will find a place for her family and she will made spot for MC like old times the other one she will decided to be with your side decided both of the i dont lke even the imp little devil They talk about its just doesnt make any sense

N
addict
addict
N
Yeah i had both if i save her family one of the last line she said she will find a place for her family and she will made spot for MC like old times the other one she will decided to be with your side decided both of the i dont lke even the imp little devil They talk about its just doesnt make any sense
I mean you just live togther with her in countryside cottage with her parents/tons of animals, no? It's very cool epilogue. Idk whats wrong with that.
Other one(travelling power couple)is cool too.

Last edited by Netav; 03/01/24 07:39 AM.
H
Banned
Banned
H
When she said a spot i thought she meant that she will met her loved ones from time to time not permanently
Even so. The romance is not deep this is not romance as it should be. its disappointed me. even dame aylin and isobel and im not into that kind of strange stuff be when i tried to talk to her ones in the camp she said i had love to adore she meant isobel. any way have a good day and thank you

Last edited by Hatestrangething; 03/01/24 09:15 AM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
It's funny how half of the brothel/Halsin discussion revolves around the player feeling disrespected by the characters, while the other half deals with the player being concerned for the characters' well being or the implications the whole situation has within their story arcs.

Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard