Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
journeyman
I would love to see a Definitive Edition of BG3

My wishlist:

- Put back some of the EA dialogue that has been cut. Obviously not anything that contradicts the story but a lot of lines have been cut that simply flesh out the companions' characters and add flavour.

- Put in at least some of the Upper City.

- Give players more options with the Emperor at the final boss. It feels wrong that he just cuts and runs off to join the boss if you free Orpheus. I think the option to have the Emperor and Orpheus working temporarily together as allies wouldn't be completely implausible.

- Give Cazador Szarr more story. At the moment he's very thin as a character but it's clear there was a much bigger role intended for him and I believe he has a lot of dialogue recorded that was never implemented. We have hints from Amanita's books and Astarion's dialogue that Szarr wasn't always alone, he had a vampiric family. It might be nice to give players the option to ally with him.

- Give our party more banter in Act 3, they are way too quiet.

- Give romance partners more interactions with the player in the later acts. Everything is way too loaded towards Act 1 at present.

- More back-story for Minthara and a a proper personal quest for her.

- Transmog Please Larian, pretty please! It would be so nice to be able to customise how our outfits look and how our companions outfits look. Maybe have a system where we unlock outfits etc either by buying them or looting them from NPCs and then let us have them available for subsequent playthroughs.

- A better dye system. I have used dye remover more than the dyes themselves. So many of them are truly horrible. It would be so nice to have complete control.

- More interaction with our companions. I'd like to see them sitting around the campfire; it feels very unnatural in Act 3 especially when they all just stand besides their beds. I would also like the ability to gather companions round rather than having to chase them down one by one.

- Improve pathing so companions don't aggro things when you are in stealth and don't run through fire/traps/spells that you have carefully walked around and managed to avoid.

-All companions should participate in the courtyard part of the final battle.

-Make the path up to the final boss less of a slog.

Just leap the flames to take a chance...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xenonian
My biggest concerns and fears upon learning of that article is that a different studio will pick up the torch of Baldurs Gate 3's legacy and then do it dirty just to make money out of it, I really hope WotC will be very careful with this IP, its burning so hot right now that it just feeds on my fears that some money siloed studio would not do it the justice in long terms, hopefully Baldurs Gate 3 will remain untainted in the next 5 to 10 years.
That would be painfull ...
BUT!
Maybe that could create backlash, wich would become slap to the face painfull enough for Hasbro to finaly wake up. :-/

You know ... everything bad is good for something ... or something among those lines.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 24/03/24 11:52 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
In hopes that anything similar goes back towards Obsidian or similar...
While I would be interested in that, I think that also could be a pretty bad idea. After Microsoft missed out on BG3 on release, their take on D&D IP would have a lot to prove, and I doubt it would get half of the resources that Larian poured into BG3.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard