Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
old hand
old hand
S
There seem to be various mods that promise to fix the combat scripts: enemies will use their full arsenal and *smartly*.

I use some restrictions for myself: no haste potions, no stats boosted to well over 20, no throwing potions, etc. If I think it shouldn't be in the game, I don't like to use it.

An innate problem is that there's an achievement for honour mode... and that it is not only a difficulty setting. Beating Honor mode means you've mastered the mechanics of the game and beaten it "honorably". Nothing less, nothing more. It's not designed to make you *suffer*.

I've not had time to test various mods, but they seem promising for people who want a proper "unfair" difficulty.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Until now I just saw everyone exploiting the hell out until they get the gold dice. I beated it honorable I did failed 8 times. But I did it w/o exploits.

All I see is that every one trow potions multiple times abuse to move objects freely without talking any action or bonus actions . For example exploding barrels or fireworks. Taking 400 kg stuff out from they pocket whit out any effort. This isnt honor. It's just a lazy way of Larian not really care about what they created.

I dont understand what was the point to search how much a is a bears weight to adjust to some real value. If someone can move 400kg stuff 4-5 barrels or a bag with 4 dead ppl like faster then the flash coting not even 1 second.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 19/01/24 02:30 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
I just beat Raphael on honour and I was surprised at how easy I made it 2nd time around.

It is a tough fight, but it didn't last long enough for Gale's potion of speed to wear off. Unlike first playthrough I had everyone geared up, had a tailored party and a clear strategy:

- Gale erects Globe of invulnerability and disintegrates pillars,
- Astarion/Lae'zel focus-kill next up cambions,
- Tav paladin (and Lae'zel) push or throw cambions out of Globe and help focus-kill,
- Hope Banishes cambions
- Summons distract and impede

Due to Act 2 Shar temple shenanigans (where I broke my oath), Yurgir was on my side and sure enough killed Korilla, whom I was trying to save. I should have put a Resilient sphere around her knocked out form.

At start of round 3 with all cambions down, Raphael knocked prone, dazed, bleeding and reverberating with radiant dots, I realized Gale's Hold monster was at 90%. The resultant dogpile evaporated 300-400 hps.

There was such a huge difference between this run and original tactician play through.

When I do my necromancer run, I'm going to self limit a lot. No stealing from vendors, abundant supplies are too helpful. No camp casting, big boosts there. No camp full of companions; being able to tailor a party gives huge flexibility. No hoarding magic items, again you can customize lay outs for specific encounters. In short, I'll play a compact party that has to use what is at hand for encounters. I don't do frequent rests, I like to push to the limit, that'll remain.

For each fight, I'll try for something new. Saving Korilla will be #1 priority next time - even though I'll be an evil necromancer...

Last edited by FreeTheSlaves; 20/01/24 03:49 AM. Reason: Grammar
stranger
stranger
100% This game is not tuned effectively. I am on my first playthrough on honormode yet have 1 turn killed every boss in act 1...
I spend hours thinking about, preparing and setting up my team's.. Just for the fight to end on turn 1! This has heavily hampered my enjoyment of the game. I find my self never needing to use any scroll, potion or real thought in any fight. I have like 20 speed potions that just sit in my pack unused! SPEED POTIONS! when i dont even need the extra ac and actions it can give you...

Please plz please make the game like 5x more difficult! As it stands their is no point in doing prep for any fight smirk

I understand that the game was first and formost made for the intention of rolplayed suboptimal characters, But This kind of play is not what brings me enjoyment. I thought honor mode was aimed at me, But it seems not.. I play games to challenge myself and win, Honormode feelz like storymode from other games ive played. I'd Like a Darkest Dungeons type experience!

Last edited by Violen; 05/02/24 12:40 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard