Originally Posted by saeran
My good characters would never be tempted into using illithid powers in the first place. As long as it was clear the source of abilities are of mind flayer origin, it would not matter what guise the dream person would use, they'd not be tempting. Which is also why I've found these guardian interactions annoying, because there is no way to avoid them. Not that different from when Mizora decides to stay in your camp, just so she pester the player, and you can't get rid of her.

I agree with this. I think Larian simply didn't understand this and expected us all to go for the parasite powers. The story is written with an evil protagonist in mind, and becomes inconsistent and jarring if you play from a good perspective. For a good pc, the Emperor becomes annoying and unconvincing, and though it is unclear what Daisy would have become past Act 1, she seemed easier to ignore. The Emperor cements himself as evil by encouraging you to take extra parasites. The better "play" from the Emperor would be to wait and see if you put an extra tadpole in your head on your own: if you did, then encourage you to go mind flayer for pragmatic reasons (i.e. use the power to fight evil); but if you don't he should understand that you never will, position himself as a victim trying to fight back and encourage you not to use them. This would make him more sympathetic to good pcs.