Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Marielle
I think a true friend would never let Astarion bite that vile Oblodra. I will always kill her simply for her boorish attitude towards Astarion, that's reason enough for me.

Since I generally do, what the vampire says (unless the butcher's bill is too steep), I threw her second potion down the drain. She got angry, attacked us, got knocked out and we helped ourselves to her supplies. I hope she learns her lesson. =)

addict
addict
Ok, so the hotfix 16 just dropped and now this video popped up in my suggestions feed. What is this? Wasn't it bad enough that he was sharing a tent with Minthara? Now he had to rope her in his crappy arrangement too?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska
at least I hope most people like him because they really like him.

Heh. I can appreciate him, to a point.

What I really like is that he will *always* be an unapologetic evil selfish prick, no matter how hard you try to Luke Skywalker him. He is who he is, and he doesn't stray from that. That's a lot better than the Twilight route where 'the evil vampire will simp hard enough to change', which makes me vomit. I fully expected them to go that route, and I'm on record on these forums pre-release saying just that.

Second, I like him mechanically. Certainn skill animations for classes are designed to work with the characters associated with them - Sneak Attack uses the weird shadow cloud animation, Barbarians rage with hell fire because Karlach etc. Astarion, especially paired with the Illithid powers really give that Vampire play. Astarion also has his own custom run animation, very reminiscent of how Bodhi and the Vampires moved in BG2. So that really feels good, and stealth/rogue play I generally enjoy to begin with.

But, that's also where it ends. I can't stand the character complaining and protesting and whining about everything. I can't stand his smug voice and him consistently calling me darling. He has some good lines, for certain, but there is never a point where I feel I should show this crapstick any form of compassion, as he himself does not. In my games he sucks a drow and sits in camp.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Ametris
Ok, so the hotfix 16 just dropped and now this video popped up in my suggestions feed. What is this? Wasn't it bad enough that he was sharing a tent with Minthara? Now he had to rope her in his crappy arrangement too?

Hmm, considering this, it's likely that Larian is currently working on polishing Minthara's recruitment in the good route. This might indicate that Minthara is another victim of Halsin's disgusting poly proposal in Act 3. Perhaps they are recording dialogues for that, or maybe they have already done so, I don't know.
This suggests that Minthara might accept this offer. I hope I'm wrong and this is just a bug because it has already been shown that Minthara is monogamous. If you take her with the drow twins, she flatly refuses, saying she doesn't like to share, even stating she would slit your throat if you do.
Moreover, it would be even more stupid considering that Halsin and Minthara are sworn enemies.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
You've got to be kidding me

A
old hand
old hand
A
Ha, very efficient. Double the snog-per-tent ratio. - Poor Minthara. I don't like to stress about things before there is reason to stress, so I'd say they are working on things for her but made them more bugged before fixing them. If that's not it, there's still time for worry-wrinkles later.

But concerning Astarion, I do find it interesting what people find annoying about characters.

addict
addict
People who were asking for more Minthara content should have been more specific lol.

N
addict
addict
N
Aahahaha, this is top-tier trolling from Larian at this point if this goes through somehow.

addict
addict
Since I generally do, what the vampire says (unless the butcher's bill is too steep), I threw her second potion down the drain. She got angry, attacked us, got knocked out and we helped ourselves to her supplies. I hope she learns her lesson. =)

Interesting! I didn't know she could attack on her own if you threw away the potion. Turns out you can kill her that way smile

Last edited by Marielle; 13/01/24 09:23 AM.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Marielle

Interesting! I didn't know she could attack on her own if you threw away the potion. Turns out you can kill her that way smile

Last week I discovered, that it can get even better. I had tossed the potion away, when Araj wasn't looking and the next time we talked to her, there was an option to tell her that we tossed her life's work away. Her furry was very satisfying. =) And, we didn't start the fight. No no no, we just dropped a bottle.

addict
addict
Last week I discovered, that it can get even better. I had tossed the potion away, when Araj wasn't looking and the next time we talked to her, there was an option to tell her that we tossed her life's work away. Her furry was very satisfying. =)

I did that in my game and when she aggroed the party I let Astarion protect me like he promised he'd do and stab her to death. evil

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
You know how most of the people who are attracted to Halsin think he's perfect and can do no wrong?

This is probably the nicest version of how people who don't give a shit about or straight up hate Halsin view him:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JVT32EWwzZk

addict
addict
Last week I discovered, that it can get even better. I had tossed the potion away, when Araj wasn't looking and the next time we talked to her, there was an option to tell her that we tossed her life's work away. Her furry was very satisfying. =)

I did that in my game and when she aggroed the party I let Astarion protect me like he promised he'd do and stab her to death. evil

Wow! This is so much more fun than just attacking her! smile That's it, that's how I'm gonna play it from now on. smile

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
stranger
stranger

Pretty sure it's a bug, the creator of the video replied to someone saying they use a bypass hack to romance both.
For more context there are videos I have seen, that show people figuring out how to bug/hack the game, to be able to romance multiple companions at once to the end, which is not intentional and I believe this to be the same thing, given what the creator said.

So hopefully it will just remain a hack/bug and don't force minthara to be poly, where it would make zero sense.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gandalfthefool
Pretty sure it's a bug, the creator of the video replied to someone saying they use a bypass hack to romance both.
For more context there are videos I have seen, that show people figuring out how to bug/hack the game, to be able to romance multiple companions at once to the end, which is not intentional and I believe this to be the same thing, given what the creator said.

So hopefully it will just remain a hack/bug and don't force minthara to be poly, where it would make zero sense.

That's good to hear and hopefully they don't retcon her. There are already enough issues with Halsin as it is.

Halsin hates everything involving the Goblin camp so much I doubt they'd ever make them ACTIVELY compatible rather than just passively unresponsive to each other as they currently are. I do hope they fully implement the ultimatum dialogue forcing you to pick one though because the tent mess is a bit of an eyesore.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Auric
Halsin hates everything involving the Goblin camp so much I doubt they'd ever make them ACTIVELY compatible rather than just passively unresponsive to each other as they currently are. I do hope they fully implement the ultimatum dialogue forcing you to pick one though because the tent mess is a bit of an eyesore.
That ultimatum dialogue between Minthara and Halsin would solve much of the problem. On one hand, we could get rid of Halsin after curing the Shadow Curse, and on the other, it would give us Minthara instead of him. I really hope Larian does it and hasn't backed out of the idea since those dialogues were found in patch 4. It would be perfect. P.S.: If they do this, I'll become a fan of Minthara haha.

Last edited by Sobocles; 15/01/24 06:04 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Or they just could make Halsin less creepy and pushy

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Sobocles
I really hope Larian does it and hasn't backed out of the idea since those dialogues were found in patch 4. It would be perfect. P.S.: If they do this, I'll become a fan of Minthara haha.

Minthara is not Halsin = best reason to recruit her instead

Originally Posted by Auric
And I hope they won't do it because in this case Halsin would turn into a parody of himself. There is a very old datamined line of Halsin (it is voiced), he says "Minthara could prove herself useful", so there was an idea for both of them to coexist somehow. And the ultimatum is, sorry, a very bad idea for those who wanted both Halsin and Minthara in their party. It's almost like "the same eggs only in profile", as in my country people say. The only different is there will be no massacre.

Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard