Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
After playing a Cleric of Lolth I'm about to start my next playthrough for the most fascinating goddess, Eilistraee. Playing as her devoted Sword Dancer, specifically a female Seldarine Drow War Cleric multiclassed into Bard and Fighter. And to make things even more interesting I figured why not have the Guardian take the form of Eilistraee herself. The Goddess of beauty, song, dance, freedom and moonlight appearing in her very dreams.

Unfortunately the info regarding her appearance is all over the place because Wikis state that her skin is obsidian-dark and her eyes blue of moonstones (whatever that means), but artworks portray her in all sorts of manner that do not match that at all grin

Wikipedia shows her as this;
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

But her official symbol portrays her like this which is not Obsidian Dark skin at all, that's more like Minthara's Wisteria 3 skin color;
[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]

And to make matters even more difficult none of the artworks show her eyes, so it's just incredibly confusing trying to authentically recreate her appearance.

This is what I've got so far based on info all over the place, but I have no clue which kind of eyes she has other than that they're apparently glowing blue/silver. Any lore masters here know what she really looks like?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
old hand
old hand
B
She has been around in lore for over thirty years. So many artists over so many years ...
Hence her apearance IS all over the place.
For me she is:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/f...ee.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20210531061740

but other are just as valid. Also, she FEMALE, so she can look one way on Monday and another on a Tuesday, as that look is OLD!

IMO you have lots of leeway. I'd even go with Strong Body Type, as among Drow girls are BBW, bigger than boys.
Then again, to spurn Mum and the Traditional Look, she could deliberately be petite :P

IMO - after reading what Good People here have written - War Domain (BG3 Wiki also suggests Light and Life for her) followed by Sword Bard is closest to her lore, but YMMV (and is just as valid as mine).

Last edited by Buba68; 17/01/24 06:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
One thing all descriptions seem to agree is that she has really long hair. So that 's the main flaw in your picture, I think.Maybe there's a hairmod that can fix it.

S
old hand
old hand
S

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Unfortunately I can't use mods, so probably should have mentioned that I am only limited to the game's own character creation otherwise would use Orin's hairstyle in a heartbeat.

Having Eilistraee as the Guardian fits pretty wonderfully into the Eilistraee's Sword Dancer roleplay though, still doing some tweaking to make her look better;

B
old hand
old hand
B
Pretty enuff for me smile

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If anyone is interested, here is the final version which I will be playing with.

• Changed the face from Drow #3 to Drow #1 for far more expressive eyes and raised eyebrows which make her appear more gentle and benevolent.
  • Also went with Elvish Silver 01 eyes which appear both silver and blue depending on the lighting.
  • And Grey 01 hair color as the original one (White 04) was going a bit too much against the contrast with her skin.

Overall pretty happy with the results using just the vanilla character creator.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Thumbs up!

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
If anyone is interested, here is the final version which I will be playing with.

• Changed the face from Drow #3 to Drow #1 for far more expressive eyes and raised eyebrows which make her appear more gentle and benevolent.
  • Also went with Elvish Silver 01 eyes which appear both silver and blue depending on the lighting.
  • And Grey 01 hair color as the original one (White 04) was going a bit too much against the contrast with her skin.

Overall pretty happy with the results using just the vanilla character creator.

Looking very nice!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When the Seldarine Sword Dancer meets her goddess. She'll be in some surprise come ACT III grin

Once I eventually start digging into the game I'll replace her guardian armor with something more graceful (like retextured and modified Wavemother's Robes) and give her some glowing eyes to match, along with some passive VFX buffs to simulate her mesmerizing divine presence;

Originally Posted by Eilistraee's Appearance
"When Eilistraee spoke, her voice always carried a soft musicality that made mortals instinctively drawn to it. Such attraction didn't cloud their minds, nor was of magical origin—it was as simple as the sound of a beautiful song."

The voice actress did fantastic work with the Guardian so it will play wonderfully into that.

Still thinking whether I should make a unique hairstyle for her or just use Orin's and modify it to look divinely elven, so many ideas grin

Link Copied to Clipboard