Originally Posted by Comrade Canuck
You should probably contact Larian's writers and let them know how easy their job is, heh.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just suggesting you might be reading what you want to be there into the ending. Certainly, if Larian was working on releasing an actual DLC any time in the near future, I'd have expected them to at least mention that something like that was in the works. Lots of stories end with some version of "and their adventures continued" after all, and it's a perfectly fine way to end a D&D game.
But hey, I'm not trying to pick a fight here or anything, if it turns out I'm wrong, I'll happily eat crow and go off to enjoy future adventures in Avernus.
Larian does have a history of staying silent on this kind of stuff until fairly close to the release. Atleast that's Been my understanding since dealing with all this karlach shit. It just feels like there's too much setup for them leaveit there on the floor. Especially with this being their most popular release ever. From a business standpoint it makes sense to release more content for bg3 and take advantage of the viral crazy the game is currently generating.