Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by autistichalsin
Lae'zel has a line in act 1 that is FAR worse, saying that your scent arouses her- yet everyone is okay with that. Literally everything Halsin does (besides being poly, I guess) that people object to has been said/done by another character with no objections.

It gets amplified by said reactions, SH's banter + Sharess caress thing. While Laezel shuts up after this or tries to make you jealous by sleeping with Astarion, it looks like Halsin tries to move from the other angle.

A
old hand
old hand
A
In Act 1 everyone is in a flirting stage, some companions come at the PC harder than others but it's all fair game so to speak. In Act 2 the relationships tighten and the PC starts being exclusive with one romantic partner and the topic is settled. It seems obvious to everyone else, that the chosen relationship is exclusive. The way in which Halsin, who witnessed all of this, approaches the PC in Act 3 is focused on what he himself desires. He considers the preferences of the PC, their partner or their commitment to each other only as an afterthought. So there is a big difference between Lae'zel and him.

I'd assume that - brothel aside - if he just opened with asking the PC wether they are more of the wolf or the bear inclination, his proposition would cause a lot less bad feelings.

Yes, that poor little tree!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Cant reply to the person who replied to me because Im at work, I promise I will get to you and I appreciate you asking for my perspective.

But I have read some of the thread this morning and I need to know where in the game it says the whole Shadow druids thing was a psyop by Ketheric because I completely missed that aspect of the quest when I redeemed Kagha.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Netav
I'm not the person you were replying to, but going in order:
1. "are you okay with Halsin's behavior in the game?" Yes
2. "Do you endorse it?" Yes
3. "Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written" Yes
4. "or that you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him?" Could be better
5. "What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?" Let us talk more about his past, let us see him be more interactive in act 3 (I.E. the Dragonborn Druid). Hell, give us tadpoled Halsin, why not? Ketheric Thorm specifically sent the Shadow Druids to the Emerald Grove as a psyop so they couldn't fight back against him; why not have him decide instead that tadpoling their leader and bending him to the Absolute is more effective? (I like it as it is too- I like that Halsin isn't traveling with the team only to save his own skin, like you can say for most of the others- but a variation with tadpoled Origin Halsin would be pretty interesting in the definitive edition, honestly.) Give us Halsin shifting to Daddy Halsin- give us scenes of him comforting the city's orphans (especially Yenna) in between battles, running himself a bit ragged trying to help everyone, and realizing he just can't, to his distress. Or if it needs to be connected to the main plot and can't involve a tadpole, well, remember that dropped thread from act 1 that the Shadow Druids were heading to the city? We could either get that oft-discussed "Halsin the ecoterrorist" plot, or maybe the Shadow Druids attempting revenge against him for denying them the Emerald Grove. There's a million directions you could go here honestly.
And keep him as the wonderful, poly, sex-positive person he is, because this thread demonstrates exactly why we need to normalize open discussion of sexuality. If absolutely necessary to appease people, sure, tweak some of the triggers so that the Shadowheart party banter only triggers if they're in a poly relationship and so that Halsin doesn't invite himself into the orgy (only Astarion, because it's adorable when he does it, but terrible when Halsin does, see.)

I don't think poly proposal is well written simply because: 1. He accuses the player that they treated him as a lover, not a host. 2. There are not enough dialogue options imo.
Also
His behaviour that ppl are not ok with is simply what you described later in your post. Self-invitation to drow orgy + SH banter. Also, honestly, his line about smelling your partner on your skin is a bit off.

I would like personally if Halsin got some content in act3, like that druid with a tree or Jaheira's house, something with shadow-druids(as you mentioned) would be cool. But thats dlc worthy stuff.

To me, it just sounds like he was confused and said "oh, I thought this happened, guess I was wrong." I think people are reading way too much into it.

Lae'zel has a line in act 1 that is FAR worse, saying that your scent arouses her- yet everyone is okay with that. Literally everything Halsin does (besides being poly, I guess) that people object to has been said/done by another character with no objections.

To be fair, Lae'zel is an alien part of a fucked up culture (very mild way of putting it) where subtlety practically doesn't exist who's just been exposed to different kinds of people. Now compare that to an old fart who's trying get a booty call and insert himself in your relationship. To me the difference is stark and Halsin is worse.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Sobocles
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
I'm glad that Halsin's own fans (or at least those who have commented) also dislike his behavior.
It's a pity that you can't tell Shadowheart, Astarion, or Halsin "hey, you know what, I want us to stay exclusive, I don't want to share you" or something, just to see how they react.

There are a number of us Halsin lovers that dont care for his behaviour, thats what the other thread was all about. But since we got a decent enough epilogue it kinda got dropped, I feel like the concensus was this is the best were gonna get as far as a "fix" for him. Plus, at least for me, we diddnt want the thread to get locked by retreading the same points. Which is partly why I was surprised to see this thead and how many pages it had.
Okay, so are you okay with Halsin's behavior in the game? Do you endorse it? Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written, or that you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him? What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?
It seems there's a unanimous opinion among Halsin's fans, where the majority seems to prefer his Early Access version - that of a wise, responsible, and mature druid, which eventually got ruined in Act 3.
I'm asking because so far, I've only read comments from Halsin's detractors, and it would be good to hear from someone who likes the character.
It's not that I hate Halsin, I hate the immature and superficial way polyamorous or open relationships (I'm not even sure what to call them) were handled, as it partly ruins some otherwise beautiful and mature romances.

Not the person you originally asked either, BUT:

1. "Are you okay with Halsin's behavior in the game?" Yes. I wouldn't mind if they brought back some of his "teacher/healer" vibes back for act 3 though. Like, one of your first interactions with him is promising to find him some books, you go to a place like Sorcerous Sundries which has a TONE of books and...nothing.

2. "Do you endorse it?" Sure, though maybe trim the horny down just a bit, mainly the kink surrounding a certain chimera banter. And tie some his brothel interactions behind a solo/poly relationship. (e.g. the Shadowheart stuff. I can't comment on Astarion as I haven't romanced him. Also the fact that even if you said no to his confession earlier he still brings up the "interesting couple" line and you can't even do anything with it)

3. "Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written?" I can't say really since I haven't romanced anyone else.

4. "That you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him?" I would like an alternative option to trigger the backstory without having to do an orgy somehow.

5. "What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?" Make the shadow curse epilogue scene more impactful/emotional, bring back his cut "bearhug" line. Also this isn't really an improvement, but I personally would like an option to express that I my heart stirs for him only as well. Other than that though, just more content in act 3 (dragonborn druid, that one child near their dead parents, Yenna, etc) and GIVE HIM A DURGE RESIST SCENE.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Found in Moonrise. The note reads,

Dictated to Scribe Yanthus by General Ketheric

Druids, meddling and mettlesome - I have a history with them that makes me wary of underestimating them. They will certainly not welcome the rise of the Absolute in their vicinity and could become significant obstacles if we don't find a way to take them out of play.

I speak here, for starters, of the Emerald Grove and of the Cloakwood Circle. They cannot easily be defeated without a signficant diversion of resources, but they can, perhaps, be neutralised from within.

Druids, by their very nature - do not smile, Yanthus - value the balance of natural forces over the welfare of humanity in general, and in the extreme this is expressed by the faction historically knowns as the Shadow Druids, who favour complete separation of the circles from what they regard as the ills of civilisation.

We shall identify the current leaders of the Shadow Druids, cultivate them with gifts while intimidating them with threats, and encourage them to see that the wisest and most prudent course is for the druid circles to stand neutral as the army of the Absolute marches on the blighted cities of the civilised.

Disciple Z'rell shall select an appropriate agent to parley with the Shadow Druid leaders. Eventually, all shall be infected with tadpoles.

Which obviously changes the context for quite a lot of the game once you discover it- the Grove wasn't just exploited by the Shadow Druids, it was a deliberate effort to divide the Druids there and make them useless as fighters against the Absolute. (Which again, is part of why I also think Origin Halsin would be such a good/fitting idea for the definitive edition- if Thorm viewed neutralizing the Druids as so important as to send the Shadow Druids in, why not go all the way to tapdoling their leader to draw them in under his influence directly?)

Last edited by autistichalsin; 19/01/24 06:15 PM.
A
A
Another POV

2. "Do you endorse it?" Yes

3. "Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written" Mostly. He is clear about expectations and requires explicit consent from your partner, unlike either the Emperor or Mizora. Like every other companion aside from Astarion, he only asks once and then drops the subject; Astarion asks twice. (Note on Drow twins exception below.)

4. "or that you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him?" No. I think it's an awkward inclusion on its own. The new dialogue helps, but given how many other companions have pasts with SA or exploitation, it either shouldn't have been there at all, or it should be more integrated with the other companions.

5. "What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?"
  • He and Shadowheart are currently the only companions you can't reject or avoid from joining you. Players should have the option (for both).
  • He should be able to join you at the beginning of the shadowcurse quest, not halfway through. It's HIS quest, not yours.
  • Some sort of minor side quest in Act 3 that ties him in better
  • A better continuation of his characterization in Act 3 versus earlier. In particular, being the steady mentor, and a greater range of emotion. Example: Why does he not get MAD about the refugee situation instead of just sad?
  • If Halsin has been turned down already, he should not invite himself at the drow twins
  • The "relationship" dialogue is bad because it's a whole lot of nothing with no answer
  • Okay, the bear thing was marketing gold, and sure it shows he's GGG. But really?

Halsin being sex positive and open about his desires is great. He normalizes consent (including during sex). He doesn't approach you until he feels mentally ready to deal with a relationship.

I find it humorous that the complaints about him generally boil down to either you can't change his sexual preferences (icky), or that his approaching the PC is disrespectful in the first place, despite the fact every other companion does the same.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Well the other companions don't exactly tell you that you have been treating them like a lover when you haven't or how they'd like to screw you and whomever you're in a relationship with at the time (no, "thinking like animal" isn't and never will be a good excuse). The only one that comes close is Astarion because he's obviously trying to use and get close to you when you first meet him in Act 1, pretty evil at this point in time. Or maybe Minthara when you reject her, who's also supposed to be evil. Halsin just acts like a creepy teacher who's trying every trick in the Fboy Rulebook in Act 3, that's all.

stranger
stranger
My other problem with Halsin, is that he asked me to be in a relationship with him twice, I reject him both times, the first time I think in the end of act 2 or the beginning in act 3, then the second time further into act 3 he asked me out again, even though I rejected him the first time. I never flirted with him,I know that for sure and yet in the second time he asked me, he still thinks I am in love with him. It's really weird.

I have no problem with Halsin being into sex, my problems are that's all he has. Not to mention he just flirts with Shadowheart even though I have no relationship with him, you can only learn about his time as a slave if you have sex with the twins, (unless your a drow tav), he has nothing else. It comes off as the writers doubling down on the early access players thirsting for him. He didn't turn out well imo. I agree with others that he feels more of a parody of himself from act 1 or 2 in act 3.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Okay, so are you okay with Halsin's behavior in the game?

Yes and no. There's behavior that I do like, or I wouldn't like him in the first place. I'm head over heels in love with the man. But I'm not ok with him inviting himself into sex with people he's not in a relationship with, or at east hasnt had previous consent for sex. Who tf bring up the idea of an orgy with friends for the first time in a scenario like that? If he was interested in group sex with Tav and friends why wait to be in a brothel? If he wants to sleep with the drow twins that bad he can just pay for it and do it himself.. Im not okay with him flirting with SH when hes not in a relationship with her, shes in a relationship with Tav, and Tav already turned him down.

Do you endorse it?
Not really.

Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written
Yes, I think his proposal is fine. Its after the proposal I have issues with. With Astarion in particular: Astarion clearly is giving off vibes he doesnt fully consent to the situation, and doesnt participate in sex with Tav, let alone sex with Tav AND Halsin. With Halsin's emphasis on consent and him being poly and sexually experienced, I dont understand how he can be that oblivious to Astarions discomfort. Tav as well, they should both be able to sense that Astarion isnt okay, its never addressed, and it completely invalidates the emphasis on consent. Consent doesnt matter if Halsin and Tav get what they want. The whole poly thing was handled badly imho. It was rushed and not thought through, because they needed to justify his late romantic addition to the game without pissing off players and ruining the relationships they spent the last 2 acts building. His reason for being non mono is stupid and incorrect; he basically says its not natural which is a load of crap. Both mono (seasonally, for life, etc.) and non mono matings happen in nature. He says this because the writer doesnt seem to understand nature or druids. If we are gonna go the Wood Elf culture route: why not just say that? "Its just my culture", if its just how he chooses to live why cant he just say "I choose to not be mono". But if its really not for him as he says why does he tell Tav "I only want you"? If he only wants Tav, that implies he wants to be with Tav, he doesnt seem interested in others, and if Tav only wants him back then its done. They only want eachother. This may change later like in ANY relationship, but it doesnt need to go further than that if thats how it is. If he is the only one romanced by Tav, he makes no effort to romance/sleep with anyone else. Why not? IF hes poly why wouldnt he bring someone else in at some point in the game? When he is romanced by Tav, he wants Tav to persue others even if Tav is mechanically locked out of the other romances; he still makes no effort to be with others. Its almost like he wants Tav to be poly, or is using him being poly as a way to hide that he wants Tav to sleep with others. Hes only poly through Tav when Tav is poly, he does not pursue anyone unromanced on his own, he only goes for people that are romanced to Tav. If hes poly he doesnt need to push Tav to be poly when he can just go be poly himself but he wont do it. IF hes poly how come he is only poly with people who are in a relationship with Tav? Wouldnt it make sense for him to pursue people on his own and get consent from Tav to bring them in? Im fine with him being sex positive, Im fine with him being open to share, and Im fine with him being poly in concept. But he doesnt ACT like it. Plus he wont even define the relationship as poly, or a relationship at all as far as I know unless they did an update. "What we have is fluid" bullshit, and goes against the initial proposal. There has to be a relationship definition or theres no consent, how can you consent to something that isnt clear and defined? If he wants a poly relationship he needs to acknowledge the relationship as poly, not refuse to define it, he could say "I enjoy our relationship, I care for you and so and so dearly" instead of "I only want you, but I want others to find happiness with you" its mixed messages. And if the excuse is "Oh he was added last minute they diddnt have time" then they shouldnt have ever gone down this route to begin with then. Even then, he says stuff like "My heart is not easily moved" or something like that. He can still be poly, but it seems strange to me that all of the sudden, if he doesnt fall in love easy, that hed suddenly fall in love with 2 people. Which leads me to my next point:

Even in the polyships, hes the side piece. Hes only there for Tav and Astarion/Sharts sexual pleasure and thats it. The game and the fans can call it a poly relationship all it wants but thats the truth of it. Hes not an equal member of the relationship. If he was hed be with them in their epilogues. Hed be with Tav and Shart on the farm. Hed be with Tav and Astarion in the city, or they would be with him and the orphans. Its not 3 people in love with eachother, which is what I assume they were attempting to do, o rtrying to LOOK liek they were attempting to do, but failed miserably.

If its just for sex, and isnt a poly relationship, why does his romance dialogue seem to say otherwise? This means that either Halsin is using Tav and their partner for sex under the guise of a relationship, which he diddnt get consent to do, or Tav and their partner are using Halsin for sex; which just makes me sad because he is my beloved, not a sex toy.

His epilogue seems to fix the biggest issue I had with him which was, even if solomanced, he up and leaves you with no option to join him. He basically breaks up with you ontop of all the mixed messages and games he plays.

or that you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him?

I hate this whole scenario. It was handled so incredibly badly that even though they kind of fixed it for many people the whole concept is tainted for me. This should have been addressed BEFORE hiring the drow.

What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?

-cut the Drow SA plot; it adds absolutely nothing to his character, doesnt come up outside of Sharess' Caress and we have plenty of other characters with SA to deal with. It was handled so incredibly badly I really feel that it is actively harmful. If it MUST be kept, it COULD come up when you go to the Underdark.

-cut the chimera banter. I dont know much about DnD Chimeras but Im assuming theyre like beasts/animals, and Halsin implying hes slept with one is controversial alone, but he is a DRUID. AN ARCH DRUID. Can you imagine if he had the same banter about the Boar in the grove?

-I want them to explore more of his playful side, I want to laugh and have a little fun with him.

-He needs at least 1 long rest cutscene before act 3 if romanced, maybe something to do with nature so they can connect on a common interest. I have several ideas for some that Im going to explore with Fanfiction that take place over the course of the end of the Tiefling party to Act 2, as well as dialogue.

-he needs more dialogue, and they need to move his existing dialogue around. Theres no reason for him to open up about himself so late. Do we really need to wait until Thaniel is rescued before he tells us he likes Honey, ducks, how big he is, and how he got his scars?

-He needs to be able to control his bear form. His inability to control it comes up twice, once in the goblin camp and in his sex scene. In the goblin camp he warns that he bear might get aggressive and to not bring him along if you want to sneakily kill the cult leaders, which never happens ever in game when you actually play with him. Even in the battle at Last Light Inn he seems to be able to control it just fine. In his sex scene hes just so horny he loses control. He is an ARCH DRUID, not a were bear.

-cut down on the sex just a little bit. I love that hes open, enthusiastic, energetic, etc etc. But as it is its creepy and predetory.

-If Tav is solomancing him then the whole poly bit really doesnt need to be brought up at all. If he only wants Tav as he says, and Tav only wants him, then thats all there needs to happen. None of this our relationship is fluid non monogamy isnt for me dialogue needs to happen. IF you ask him about the relationship solomanced, it needs to reflect that they are solomanced.

Also this:

Originally Posted by Gandalfthefool
I have no problem with Halsin being into sex, my problems are that's all he has. Not to mention he just flirts with Shadowheart even though I have no relationship with him, you can only learn about his time as a slave if you have sex with the twins, (unless your a drow tav), he has nothing else. It comes off as the writers doubling down on the early access players thirsting for him. He didn't turn out well imo. I agree with others that he feels more of a parody of himself from act 1 or 2 in act 3.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 19/01/24 09:38 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Small correction. If Halsin is in "poly" relationship with Tav and Shart/Astarion, SH/Ast have nothing with him, he is basically there as a side lover for Tav(And I guess it's pretty consistent with how epilogue plays out). Brothel scene is unrelated to his romance obviously.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Small correction. If Halsin is in "poly" relationship with Tav and Shart/Astarion, SH/Ast have nothing with him, he is basically there as a side lover for Tav(And I guess it's pretty consistent with how epilogue plays out). Brothel scene is unrelated to his romance obviously.

A "V" is a valid poly relationship.

N
addict
addict
N

A "V" is a valid poly relationship.
I know, I was just trying to say why perhaps Halsin is not in the city with Astarion/Tav or with Tav/SH on a farm. My take anyways.

Besides, I feel like he has very heavy duty with those orphans and rebuilding shadowlands, so if it wasn't "V", it would be probably the other way around(not city/farm).

Last edited by Netav; 19/01/24 10:12 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Okay, so are you okay with Halsin's behavior in the game?

Yes and no. There's behavior that I do like, or I wouldn't like him in the first place. I'm head over heels in love with the man. But I'm not ok with him inviting himself into sex with people he's not in a relationship with, or at east hasnt had previous consent for sex. Who tf bring up the idea of an orgy with friends for the first time in a scenario like that? If he was interested in group sex with Tav and friends why wait to be in a brothel? If he wants to sleep with the drow twins that bad he can just pay for it and do it himself.. Im not okay with him flirting with SH when hes not in a relationship with her, shes in a relationship with Tav, and Tav already turned him down.

Do you endorse it?
Not really.

Do you think the polyamorous proposal he makes to the player is well written
Yes, I think his proposal is fine. Its after the proposal I have issues with. With Astarion in particular: Astarion clearly is giving off vibes he doesnt fully consent to the situation, and doesnt participate in sex with Tav, let alone sex with Tav AND Halsin. With Halsin's emphasis on consent and him being poly and sexually experienced, I dont understand how he can be that oblivious to Astarions discomfort. Tav as well, they should both be able to sense that Astarion isnt okay, its never addressed, and it completely invalidates the emphasis on consent. Consent doesnt matter if Halsin and Tav get what they want. The whole poly thing was handled badly imho. It was rushed and not thought through, because they needed to justify his late romantic addition to the game without pissing off players and ruining the relationships they spent the last 2 acts building. His reason for being non mono is stupid and incorrect; he basically says its not natural which is a load of crap. Both mono (seasonally, for life, etc.) and non mono matings happen in nature. He says this because the writer doesnt seem to understand nature or druids. If we are gonna go the Wood Elf culture route: why not just say that? "Its just my culture", if its just how he chooses to live why cant he just say "I choose to not be mono". But if its really not for him as he says why does he tell Tav "I only want you"? If he only wants Tav, that implies he wants to be with Tav, he doesnt seem interested in others, and if Tav only wants him back then its done. They only want eachother. This may change later like in ANY relationship, but it doesnt need to go further than that if thats how it is. If he is the only one romanced by Tav, he makes no effort to romance/sleep with anyone else. Why not? IF hes poly why wouldnt he bring someone else in at some point in the game? When he is romanced by Tav, he wants Tav to persue others even if Tav is mechanically locked out of the other romances; he still makes no effort to be with others. Its almost like he wants Tav to be poly, or is using him being poly as a way to hide that he wants Tav to sleep with others. Hes only poly through Tav when Tav is poly, he does not pursue anyone unromanced on his own, he only goes for people that are romanced to Tav. If hes poly he doesnt need to push Tav to be poly when he can just go be poly himself but he wont do it. IF hes poly how come he is only poly with people who are in a relationship with Tav? Wouldnt it make sense for him to pursue people on his own and get consent from Tav to bring them in? Im fine with him being sex positive, Im fine with him being open to share, and Im fine with him being poly in concept. But he doesnt ACT like it. Plus he wont even define the relationship as poly, or a relationship at all as far as I know unless they did an update. "What we have is fluid" bullshit, and goes against the initial proposal. There has to be a relationship definition or theres no consent, how can you consent to something that isnt clear and defined? If he wants a poly relationship he needs to acknowledge the relationship as poly, not refuse to define it, he could say "I enjoy our relationship, I care for you and so and so dearly" instead of "I only want you, but I want others to find happiness with you" its mixed messages. And if the excuse is "Oh he was added last minute they diddnt have time" then they shouldnt have ever gone down this route to begin with then. Even then, he says stuff like "My heart is not easily moved" or something like that. He can still be poly, but it seems strange to me that all of the sudden, if he doesnt fall in love easy, that hed suddenly fall in love with 2 people. Which leads me to my next point:

Even in the polyships, hes the side piece. Hes only there for Tav and Astarion/Sharts sexual pleasure and thats it. The game and the fans can call it a poly relationship all it wants but thats the truth of it. Hes not an equal member of the relationship. If he was hed be with them in their epilogues. Hed be with Tav and Shart on the farm. Hed be with Tav and Astarion in the city, or they would be with him and the orphans. Its not 3 people in love with eachother, which is what I assume they were attempting to do, o rtrying to LOOK liek they were attempting to do, but failed miserably.

If its just for sex, and isnt a poly relationship, why does his romance dialogue seem to say otherwise? This means that either Halsin is using Tav and their partner for sex under the guise of a relationship, which he diddnt get consent to do, or Tav and their partner are using Halsin for sex; which just makes me sad because he is my beloved, not a sex toy.

His epilogue seems to fix the biggest issue I had with him which was, even if solomanced, he up and leaves you with no option to join him. He basically breaks up with you ontop of all the mixed messages and games he plays.

or that you can only talk about his past with the drow if you engage in an orgy with him?

I hate this whole scenario. It was handled so incredibly badly that even though they kind of fixed it for many people the whole concept is tainted for me. This should have been addressed BEFORE hiring the drow.

What improvements would you suggest for Halsin currently?

-cut the Drow SA plot; it adds absolutely nothing to his character, doesnt come up outside of Sharess' Caress and we have plenty of other characters with SA to deal with. It was handled so incredibly badly I really feel that it is actively harmful. If it MUST be kept, it COULD come up when you go to the Underdark.

-cut the chimera banter. I dont know much about DnD Chimeras but Im assuming theyre like beasts/animals, and Halsin implying hes slept with one is controversial alone, but he is a DRUID. AN ARCH DRUID. Can you imagine if he had the same banter about the Boar in the grove?

-I want them to explore more of his playful side, I want to laugh and have a little fun with him.

-He needs at least 1 long rest cutscene before act 3 if romanced, maybe something to do with nature so they can connect on a common interest. I have several ideas for some that Im going to explore with Fanfiction that take place over the course of the end of the Tiefling party to Act 2, as well as dialogue.

-he needs more dialogue, and they need to move his existing dialogue around. Theres no reason for him to open up about himself so late. Do we really need to wait until Thaniel is rescued before he tells us he likes Honey, ducks, how big he is, and how he got his scars?

-He needs to be able to control his bear form. His inability to control it comes up twice, once in the goblin camp and in his sex scene. In the goblin camp he warns that he bear might get aggressive and to not bring him along if you want to sneakily kill the cult leaders, which never happens ever in game when you actually play with him. Even in the battle at Last Light Inn he seems to be able to control it just fine. In his sex scene hes just so horny he loses control. He is an ARCH DRUID, not a were bear.

-cut down on the sex just a little bit. I love that hes open, enthusiastic, energetic, etc etc. But as it is its creepy and predetory.

-If Tav is solomancing him then the whole poly bit really doesnt need to be brought up at all. If he only wants Tav as he says, and Tav only wants him, then thats all there needs to happen. None of this our relationship is fluid non monogamy isnt for me dialogue needs to happen. IF you ask him about the relationship solomanced, it needs to reflect that they are solomanced.

Also this:

Originally Posted by Gandalfthefool

Throuples aren't the only kind of poly. "V" arrangements exist in real life, as do relationships where one partner actually is prioritized above the other (with consent, obviously). That is part of why SH and Astarion are okay with him being with Tav- because he doesn't need to be the priority (note that the ending doesn't have the player go with him, for precisely this reason- only solomanced players.) The other reason is that as a wood elf, Halsin has hundreds of years of experience with poly relationships and balancing players needs- whether that's open relationships, throuples, etc. Astarion even spells out that the reason he doesn't want to be involved with the player and SH together is SH has no experience, while he ALSO spells out that Halsin has plenty of experience with the arrangement which makes him okay with it. Not that much of a stretch to apply the same logic to SH, as well; if you're entering an entirely new relationship dynamic, most people would want someone who knows how to make it work instead of stumbling in blind.

None of this is at all unrealistic.

As for Halsin's SA, I don't want to repeat myself, but I will say i very much think it should stay because it really has given a voice to many people I know who aren't the typical survivor.

Re: chimeras- they are low intelligence, above beasts. Not my favorite thing, but it's not the same as if he hadn't rejected the she bear.

Fully agree about his playful side.

Re: the bear form- why? Why should he be in control of it? Ignoring that it actually is a very popular theory that he is a werebear, it gives him depth and complexity. He's powerful, but his emotions are something he struggles to control due to having to repress himself for so long. It's a wonderful way to demonstrate the problems he's having in his life. If anything, I wish they'd explicitly make him a werebear, since it's the only wildshape he can't control. Halsin even mentions enjoying honey mead, and werebears are known to have a special honey mead concoction they enjoy.

"If Tav is solomancing him then the whole poly bit really doesnt need to be brought up at all. If he only wants Tav as he says, and Tav only wants him, then thats all there needs to happen." But it does need to be discussed. He's saying Tav is all he wants CURRENTLY. He may later find someone else he is fond of. Why on Earth would he tell Tav he will commit to them and only them forever when he has no intention of doing so? THAT would be manipulative, compared to him being honest about who he is and what his core values are (as others accuse him of being manipulative for doing so).

Last edited by autistichalsin; 19/01/24 10:19 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Originally Posted by Anska

It gets amplified by said reactions, SH's banter + Sharess caress thing. While Laezel shuts up after this or tries to make you jealous by sleeping with Astarion, it looks like Halsin tries to move from the other angle.

In Act 1 everyone is in a flirting stage, some companions come at the PC harder than others but it's all fair game so to speak. In Act 2 the relationships tighten and the PC starts being exclusive with one romantic partner and the topic is settled. It seems obvious to everyone else, that the chosen relationship is exclusive. The way in which Halsin, who witnessed all of this, approaches the PC in Act 3 is focused on what he himself desires. He considers the preferences of the PC, their partner or their commitment to each other only as an afterthought. So there is a big difference between Lae'zel and him.

To be fair, Lae'zel is an alien part of a fucked up culture (very mild way of putting it) where subtlety practically doesn't exist who's just been exposed to different kinds of people. Now compare that to an old fart who's trying get a booty call and insert himself in your relationship. To me the difference is stark and Halsin is worse.

When Lae'zel propositions Tav they also don't even know much about the tadpoles yet - at that point in time they have reasons to believe they might transform any day. I don't see anything wrong with being asked for some intimacy before you're likely to end up dead. Besides, she doesn't ask to be an extra side dish but just wants to spend one night with you.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I never said a V was an invalid relationship. I never said it wasnt realistic.

The problem is this.

Tav: I want to be with you Halsin.

Halsin: I dont do monogamy. I dont want to see other people, but I want YOU to see other people.

This is fine if Tav is already in a relationship they want to keep. But if Tav isnt, this is a problem.

This really shouldnt be that hard of a concept.

>Re: the bear form- why? Why should he be in control of it? Ignoring that it actually is a very popular theory that he is a werebear, it gives him depth and complexity. He's powerful, but his emotions are something he struggles to control due to having to repress himself for so long. It's a wonderful way to demonstrate the problems he's having in his life. If anything, I wish they'd explicitly make him a werebear, since it's the only wildshape he can't control. Halsin even mentions enjoying honey mead, and werebears are known to have a special honey mead concoction they enjoy.

Because he should be more disciplined in his druidic magick. They need to pick something other than a deadly dangerous animal for him to express his emotions with. He is not a were bear, he is an arch druid. If he cant control his wildshape then he has no business being arch druid.

>"If Tav is solomancing him then the whole poly bit really doesnt need to be brought up at all. If he only wants Tav as he says, and Tav only wants him, then thats all there needs to happen." But it does need to be discussed. He's saying Tav is all he wants CURRENTLY. He may later find someone else he is fond of. Why on Earth would he tell Tav he will commit to them and only them forever when he has no intention of doing so? THAT would be manipulative, compared to him being honest about who he is and what his core values are (as others accuse him of being manipulative for doing so).

No it doesnt, not within the context of the game. And even if it did, he needs to say HE may find someone else, not tell Tav they should see other people if Tav isnt already doing so. We will have to agree to disagree about it being a core value of his that needs to be discussed.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 19/01/24 10:34 PM.
N
Banned
Banned
N
About Halsin behavior it's degeneration & disgusting and not acceptable you will ever find a normal person with a normal mind would accept this shit Halsin is  side Npc and that what he is and you are the MC here not teddy bear is no wonder I didn't getting shocked when I find out who were Halsins fans would be. It's males feminist poly cuckold cuck and we can't say these are men who would enjoy find his girl with the whole neighbor males plays bg3 with them but he still smile and happy about it. because straight men never accept this shit. and  while his girl cuck him with others. other part female women. adult teenage  audience
why they defense Halsin behavior it's slmple as that because lots of girl but not all of course doesn't have a shame or dignity or value to find which is right or wrong and simply they belong to the street or they are graduate from onlyfans university for ecample they doesn't had problem with that behavior. higher body counting house girl more then you could imagine would defence for that as well these who defense for Halsin fetish.

one thing I liked about minsc if you ask him about companions and Halsin he said doesn't know him smile

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I agree that Halsin's behavior is gross, but chill dude.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Normnd2025
About Halsin behavior it's degeneration & disgusting and not acceptable you will ever find a normal person with a normal mind would accept this shit Halsin is  ... males feminist poly cuckold cuck ... straight men never accept this ... lots of girl but not all of course doesn't have a shame or dignity or value to find which is right or wrong and simply they belong to the street or they are graduate from onlyfans university ... higher body counting house girl more then you could imagine would defence for that as well these who defense for Halsin fetish.

Wailing that Halsin fans are sex havers is hilarious bait. Not surprised a thread that started out with threats of violence attracts this kind of abusive troll post.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Normnd2025
About Halsin behavior it's degeneration & disgusting and not acceptable you will ever find a normal person with a normal mind would accept this shit Halsin is  side Npc and that what he is and you are the MC here not teddy bear is no wonder I didn't getting shocked when I find out who were Halsins fans would be. It's males feminist poly cuckold cuck and we can't say these are men who would enjoy find his girl with the whole neighbor males plays bg3 with them but he still smile and happy about it. because straight men never accept this shit. and  while his girl cuck him with others. other part female women. adult teenage  audience
why they defense Halsin behavior it's slmple as that because lots of girl but not all of course doesn't have a shame or dignity or value to find which is right or wrong and simply they belong to the street or they are graduate from onlyfans university for ecample they doesn't had problem with that behavior. higher body counting house girl more then you could imagine would defence for that as well these who defense for Halsin fetish.

one thing I liked about minsc if you ask him about companions and Halsin he said doesn't know him smile

Ok, I don't understand teh half of what you are saying - try whole sentences ok and chill. It's still a game.

But about Minsc: if you would have bothered to listen to the whole conversation ans not skipped it away, you would have known, that Minsc knows very well, who Halsin is, but he is salty, because Halsin had beat him in arm wrestling.

And if you don't deal your sexism back, you won't be lasting long here, this isn't Steam, mate.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard