Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
I mean, there are worse things to be than reminiscent of Rolan and Lia

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
I guess what I'm saying is can we please take a moment. Or yell louder. That's fine, too.

"Zurgan... fine!" grin

I think I would rather wait for hot fix 18 instead, lol

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Still no word on fixing Shield Bashing?

Z
addict
addict
Z
My biggest problem is still the texture loading issue. Till patch 3 I don't had any issue both on SteamDeck or on Geforce Now.
Now both are suffering from the same problem and no settings are helping here. And to clear out the chash is not possible on both platforms.

I also noticed by my friends (on Ps5 and Xbox) and also bigger youtubers they are having the same problem. In act 1 it's not so super bad but in act2-3 it's getting really really ugly.

Honestly I own 3 copies of BG3. But I am considering to download a pirate version of a game with patch 3. Because it was enjoyable I don't had any graphical issues.
I am begging for giving use some roll back option.
I was also begging for a harder mode but at this point I don't even care about Honor mode. I just want to have the same flawless beautiful game that I played from launch til patch 3.
And I don't understand what is happening here????

Pls Larian go and check Metacritic.com out. There are a ton of ppl complain about the same texture loading issues. On Pc on Ps5 and on Xbox as well. Mostly they are the ppl that are giving 1-3 ratings. And I think they are rigth because the pirate version is definitely working better.

Recently I managed to install on SteamDeck the release version of BG3 and it's running flawless . I did some speed run with a yourtube guide. And even act 3 was flawless. We'll I have 20-15 fps less but at least textures are loading.

Also now that Steam stated out they made in 2023 from Bg3 $657 millions. And I don't know this is they profit or just the sales. But even if it's just a sale's. It's time to fix this kind of graphical problems. What was not present til patch 4.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 17/01/24 02:58 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
"Colossus Slayer" passive for Ranger class is still not working with ranged weapons on Honour mode difficulty.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi Larian friends and fans. I was hopeful when I saw save compression in this hotfix, but alas, Error 544 still persists on my end.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hello. I would really like to know when I could expect a fix for the the bug with Cazador's Sinister Door. I have been so excited for this story line and now I am here and can't do anything to progress the story. There is no dialog option for inserting the family ring into the door. It doesn't recognize I have the ring or the dictionary. I bring Asterian, I follow the dialog options in order. Have tired with a party, without a party, and still nothing. I saw some posts about using arcane lock to open the doors - this worked before hotfix 17 but then it would not work on the doors below once you descend into the caverns of the house. Since the latest hot fix I cannot even get that to work. I am so beyond upset over this. He's one of the most liked companions in the game and I can't even finish his story. I don't want to move on until I do in fear I wont be able to go back. I also attempted to let steam verify the integrity of the game files but this also, has not fixed my issue. [u]PLEASE ADVISE AND FIX QUICKLY![spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited by Beany81487; 18/01/24 12:48 AM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by Salo
If you’re keen to give Gale the boot, and don’t have an actual shoe to share in your inventory, selecting “I’m not giving you anything. Not now, not ever”, will still cause Gale to leave your party, permanently!

I misread this at first. Was confused. You meant the proverbial boot, not the literal boot. I see, I get it.

For what it's worth, I do think some folks are overreacting, especially in regards to mod-related bugs. The sky isn't always falling. Larian can be working on some of the things you want while at the same time tweaking Gale's behavior, and the post updating the reason for that tweak is understandable.

I guess what I'm saying is can we please take a moment. Or yell louder. That's fine, too.

I second this and do you all one better about consequences.

I mean, people are screaming for consequences here, but i think consequneces are a two way thing. Not just negative consequences, but also positive ones should be a thing. I never had the problem that i couldn't give Gale an item - unitl Hotfix 16 came. Llatest once he starts his "I've grown to trust you" talk, i know by now he will need 3 items anytime soon once i head out again with ot without him, so i always kept two or three in store with me for him. A bit of thinking ahead and all was fine.
But for those new to the game i understand it can be still confusing if they just don't know yet. So i understand that tweak and making Gale a bit more understanding if he sees you doing efforts, trying to help at least. And that is consequence, too. You get rewarded with a bit more patient Gale if you act like "Hold on a minute. I'll get you something from the camp chest!".

About Lae'zel, by all means...please do -not- change her back. I was one of those who always felt uncomfortable when she started to bitch at me, even if i had high approval. In my eyes, it just makes sense for her as well as Gale, that they're a bit more friendly or respectful if they agree with you.

There is way worse things right now, as i read the post basically Larian admitting, that this is NOT a mod issue, there is a problem with the UI on Larin's side. Also i read very different statements from many players with the same hotfix 16/17, no matter if with or without mods. Sure i find it frustrating, too, that each time, improvements are announced, something else breaks. But given the fact, you can't progress the story of Karlach, Shadowheart and Gale if you're unlucky, there's 3 more companions you can't romance either and you won't get the end of the romance at least. Not to forget Astarion, if you face bugs with Cazador's door and can'z kill Cazador, you only get the worst ending of the story ever. Same as Minthara? In any case i understand if Larian is making that a priority. I hope they all get fixed in one go even, in the next Hotfix or patch.

If someone like me says that, it means something, still i'm nornally not afraid to say what i think. Might not always make me popular, but better than being a fake. If Larian only ever always gets told how great they are, instead of telling them what's wrong, they cannot know what needs to be fixed. In that sense, if you see a bug, report the hell out of it, even if it doesen't get fixed immediately. Keep reminding and reporting. Don't give up.

And yes Larian, more communication in general doesn't hurt. Inform players and explain why you do something. Post more statements, give replies to the bug tickets we send. At least an Auto reply, so we know if someone read it at least. That way you can prevent more complaints if we players know what's up.

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 18/01/24 06:04 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Wyll does not recover spells after Camping.
So Hex / Eldritch blast etcetera are all ghosted unuseable.
Makes him useless.

Anyone else had this ?

Edit : I have checked his gear, nothing Heavy or Medium.

Edit 2 : Dammit, disregard this post, I had boots on him which were Medium armour, I missed noticing that when I checked laezelmad

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 18/01/24 05:35 PM.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
T
addict
addict
T
Karlach always affect Shadow quest from the Get Go.
Since Day One..
If yu Bring Her in your Game and Dont Gave Shadow the Flower in act 2 yu will endup skiping her Beach Romance Scene in Selune Path.
This Happens till Today with a Bunch of new Players..
(Btw Karlach since the start always destroy my Games.. Never had so Much Broken stuff in any other Run then the ones i Try to bring her.)

Same Stuff Happen with other Companions..
I had a Game when Laezel in Good Path and Shadow was in Sharran..
Her scene with Vlakith skip the Romance Scene with Shadow in Sharran..
Some companions eat stuff from each Other..
So The Best Way for yu to avoid this from Happening..
is to Not Bring all of then..
in all my Last Runs i Bring Only Shadow, Laezel and Astarion.. Went evrything Ok..
i See Evrything from then without Problems.

Thats why i Stated So many Times..
The way they did sucks.
yu having all of then in 1 run will always broke Something..
This Game yu should only be able to Bring 3 companions per Run.
would avoid this making easy to Code the especial events and increase the Replay of the Game..
The way it is in two runs if yu are crazy like me yu can see all her quests at least..

Last edited by Thorvic; 18/01/24 04:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
To clarify, when I played with Karlach, my Lae’zel and Shadowheart scenes played just fine. The reason that the Shadowheart beach scene doesn’t play, is that some players do not select the option to learn about her more as a person, and they never learn that she likes night orchids and can’t swim. The change that needs to happen is, that dialogue option shouldn’t disappear when you select the one asking her how she came to worship Shar. The dialogue option asking about her as a person should continue to be available, considering that her act three romance scene is dependent on that question being asked. That is the change that needs to be made. This is in act one after you learn about her Shar worship. It’s not anything about Karlach.

Edit: when I played with Karlach as a companion in my party

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 18/01/24 06:51 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
they never learn that she likes night orchids and can’t swim.

She can't swim? I am fairly sure I have seen her swim. Breaststroke, in heavy armour, when the boat she was in was hit by a magically loosened stalactite.
(by the way, who was responsible for that?)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
there was no such thing as hotfix 16 but its nice you still hold out some hope wink

There was indeed a hotfix 16 on GOG, at least. It updated for me.
yes it exists on Gog and Steam but not here

we could say thats because Larian can't keep their forum up but it still hasn't got a HF16 thread so "officialy" hotfix#16 never happened and we are now onto HF17... another can of worms

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Ok, i always thought that Shadowheart stopped being interested in me, once i started romancing someone else before act2, before the Nightsong scene happened. laugh Seems i was wrong?

I can't confirm companions eating scenes from each other. I had Karlach and Shadowheart in my party, but then gaian, maybe i didn't notice any issues because i never romanced them.

I wish there was a way to stop Wyll before the dancing scene, though. I wish he would be any more obvious from the start. I always have to send that guy on his little walk of shame in act2. Before that i never even realized when he liked my character.^^

But back to Hozfix 17, people on Youtube advertise it like it was the eigth world wonder and it ticks me off, if i see all the problems. It didn't fix half of the bugs that were reported with Hotfix 16. I veen heard of people who had no issues with Hotfix 16 and with 17 it started first. Some use mods, some don't. It doesen't matter. I just hope the ending epilogue scene still works. I finally want to see and experience it with my own character.

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 20/01/24 04:52 AM.
T
tea Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Are there any more updates on the timeline for the Mac release?

T
tea Offline
stranger
stranger
T

T
tea Offline
stranger
stranger
T

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I want to know if there's any news on a Hotfix for the Hotfix in general. But i won't download any more Hotfixes until i know, that the next Hotfix isn't game breaking again. I want to know for sure if it acrually fixes something this time, then ir makes sense to release.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Any news about the MacOS Update?

As long as there is no update I can't load my savegames on my mac. Cross-Save is useless if updates are not released the same time. disagree

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard