Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hey everyone,

If you're one of the unlucky few who have been running into Error 544 on PS5, make sure to read on!
The team discovered that the error preventing a small number of players from saving due to "space running out" was being caused by invisible save files that would generate when the previous error 544 appeared.

We have now pushed a small patch on PS5 that will make these saves visible, so that you can delete them and continue saving on your main file.

To do this, you'll want to first:

1. Update your game with the new patch
2. Navigate to 'Load Game' on the game menu
3. Review any old saves that may have previously been invisible
4. Delete these old saves, before launching on your main game save

If you were experiencing this error on PS5 and were unable to save after Hotfix 17, please make sure your game is fully updated and delete these empty saves. This should allow you to continue saving your game.

If you run into any further issues, please create a support ticket here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3

Salo, I just wanted to say thank you for the transparency and relaying information, and the dev team for listening and trying to fix the issue. Hopefully these preventative measures will help at least some users from reaching the same point.

I've gotten the "space running out" message multiple times, so I had been religiously deleting all autosaves, quicksaves and some manual saves to keep my save storage under 1.5GB. Prior to Hotpatch #17 my console had 1 incomplete Honour Mode playthrough and 4 finished Balanced and Tactician playthroughs, accounting for 20-25 visible saves. These files totaled 1.14GB of space.

After Hotpatch #17, I started an Honour Mode save slot, and the save storage showed an increase to 1.18GB. I have reached the end of Act 2, and my ENTIRE save is only 0.04GB. To the Dev(s) who compressed these save files to this miniscule amount, this is AMAZING. YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you!
For those like me, who are worried about losing your saves, I signed up for a Larian account and activated Larian's Cross-Saves. The game has synced my 10 most recent save files. The first time I used the feature, it took a few minutes for all the saves to upload, just be patient. You do not need Playstation Plus to use this feature. I appreciate knowing if my game gets corrupted at any point, I have the option to delete the entire campaign from my device, then try to reload the file via cross-save.

Link Copied to Clipboard