Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Knocked her out in act 1. then rescued her in act 2.

After her initial camp talk and recruitment, i can't talk with her anymore.

Only way to get her out of the party is travelling back to act 1, but i can't add her back after that.

Took her all the way to Ketheric/avatar fight, now she just sits on the throne.

This is fresh patch 5 playthrough, no mods.

Save, if it helps

https://app.mediafire.com/7jwc0xf3hwt6k

Last edited by Necrosian; 05/12/23 08:31 PM.
old hand
old hand
Interesting! I haven't gotten that far, I'll have to see how it pans out. I'm not sure of Larian's intentions in allowing you to knock her out and rescue her later, whether it's intentional or some kind of bug. It seems quite confused right now. So I'm not super surprised that her recuitment is buggy. Hopefully they'll give us a more straightforward option to recuit her (on a good playthrough) at some point.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Minthara will still appear at Moonrise Towers if she was knocked out in Act I.

From patch notes.

So i think Mithara is still #1 buggyest bit of game for me.

old hand
old hand
Yeah now that they've given Karlach lovers a little something (Act 3 spoilers)
in the epilogue to smooth over her bitter endings
I think that Minthara is the character now in need of the most work. It's unfortunate that she's so bugged because I enjoy her voice acting. Not sure if you should submit a bug report because I have no idea how Larian anticipated the new Minthara option to run. You could try though!

T
addict
addict
T
Well since they Made this out of a Real Bug that People Used back in the old Versions of the Game to Have her in the Good Path..
i Bet that will took some time until they make this Work Proper.. no Joke
They never intended for people to Have her in a Good Run.. thats will be Quite hard for then to Make this Bug work in the game in a Proper Way without Braking anything New..
i Will just advice yu all to Wait a Little Bit..
Before Trying this New Minthi stuff.
i Love her Too.
i Only Romance Her and Shadow till this Day.
i dont Bother or Care for any other companion this Way.. and im Glad that this Happens.
But.. like i said. this Came from a Bug.. so dont expect to work that well from the start..
Give Time.. and let then polish this a Little Bit to get work Well and then yu can enjoy for real.
And i do wish they Made it in a Different way..
Like a Proper Way to actually invite her instead of Halsin.
( dont know.. made so we can put her in Jail on the ending of grove battle or some stuff like that.. than we use the artifact to brake her free from absolute.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 06/12/23 01:19 AM.
stranger
stranger
There is no Good-Evil alignment in the game, your player character can do whatever they want. It is a good thing that some characters in the game feel very strongly about various things and they react to them. Your own party members can kill each other over an argument; it only makes sense that they would react to slaughtering a bunch of people. Characters would lose meaning and identity otherwise. A few days ago, I shared my own thoughts on how Minthara's recruitment could have been handled, while still keeping her and Halsin mutually exclusive. I am sure that reconciling the two would be a very interesting story, but it would take the equivalent of an entire act in itself to do right. We can't have everything in a game, and this is ok.

That said, the whole Grove thing feels a little one-sided. I mean, it's a battle, there are only two sides to pick, but up to that point there are a lot of choices and decisions about how you interact with either side. The end of Act 1 makes it feel like only your final choice matters, in a Mass Effect 3 kind of way. It kind of stands out, because in Act 2 some of your Act 1 choices you made before the raid seem to matter even more than what you did during the raid itself. Anyway, we all love set-pieces but the whole thing could be more granular.

As for the actual problems with Minthara, it is obvious at this point from all the issues and from Larian's own responses that she is the least prioritized character to fix, presumably because she is the least picked. Which sucks, because she turned out to be one of the most distinct and fascinating characters, with phenomenal voice acting - and completely original compared to most origin characters, who are a bit of remixed DOS2 origins.

I thought of starting a fresh playthrough until Minthara gets fixed but it is too early for everything to not feel repetitive, and I am only at the start of Act 3 anyway; I want to experience the story and its conclusion with my original party.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Necrosian
After her initial camp talk and recruitment, i can't talk with her anymore.

Only way to get her out of the party is travelling back to act 1, but i can't add her back after that.

I have the same bug. Got it with patch #4. It continues with patch #5, meaning: #5 does not have a fix.

Karlach successfully recruits Minthara, whose joining is unanimously approved by all 3 party members. However, after Karlach sends her to the camp and she accepts Karlach's invitation to become a permanent companion, nobody can talk to her any more.

I reported it to Larian as a bug. The bug report confirmation email says that Larian developers will read every bug report in the order they are submitted.

O
stranger
stranger
O
In my case, it is because of Sazza. She was in the room with Minthara and got knocked out as well and her quest was never closed. I reloaded the save right before I knocked Minthara and speedrun it to Moonrise 3 times: Without taking Sazza's quest at all, knocking her out by Minthara and killing her by Minthara and the only case when Minthara is broken is when Sazza is knocked and left there. Unfortunately, I can't return and kill her from Act 2, because she despawns (the only one that does that, other gobos I knocked are still there) and I had like 30 hours of playtime from there. This sucks, I'll try to close that quest somehow, but I can't find Sazza anywhere and her marker is gone as well.

This is my third time trying to recruit Minthara.

On my balance run, I didn't know non-lethal is melee only. She end up in my stash.
On my honor run, I didn't know temporary hostile is needed. She did not show up in Moonrise.
On my current tactician run, I finally did it right. However, after initial conversation in camp, she no longer talk to anyone. Once I move to Act 3, she is not even in camp anymore.

Minthara is last seen sitting naked on Moonrise throne.

I do have lot of manual check point save. But the latest I can use to fix Sazza is at 23hr. My current act 3 is already at 74hr. That is like redoing 2/3 of the current journey.

Originally Posted by Odrax
In my case, it is because of Sazza. She was in the room with Minthara and got knocked out as well and her quest was never closed. I reloaded the save right before I knocked Minthara and speedrun it to Moonrise 3 times: Without taking Sazza's quest at all, knocking her out by Minthara and killing her by Minthara and the only case when Minthara is broken is when Sazza is knocked and left there. Unfortunately, I can't return and kill her from Act 2, because she despawns (the only one that does that, other gobos I knocked are still there) and I had like 30 hours of playtime from there. This sucks, I'll try to close that quest somehow, but I can't find Sazza anywhere and her marker is gone as well.

I went back to a save before Minthara knockout save and finally fixed it. The difference is as follow:

- Minthara no response play through:
- Tav started conversation with Minthara in goblin camp, another character pickup/steal item on desk. Knocked out both Minthara and Sazza. Other goblins were killed.
- Rescued Minthara. However, after initial chat, she don't response after.

- Minithara normal play through:
- Tav agreed to Minthara request in her quarter. Both Minthara and Sazza started to walk out of room,
- Sazza would stop at center area of Shattered Sanctum where Priestess Gut was. Just leave her alone.
- Minthara, two other goblin bosses and a few other goblins rallied to the exit of Shattered Sanctum
- Minthara would give a speech there before heading out with the goblins. Attack her there to enter temporary hostile state. Knocked her out.
- Interact with Minthara was normal.

Link Copied to Clipboard