Print Thread
V
Viserus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hi,
I finished my first playthrough as a druid Tav and many times wild shape breaks the cut scenes or whenever an automatic conversation starts. In some instances my druid automatically reverts back for conversation but this does not happen all the time. In a regular play this is annoying but not a huge problem since I can save/load often and then if I get stuck in wild shape I can load and then manually dismiss the wild shape. Now I want to start an honor run with a Druid and this is a big problem because I can't load if I get stuck in wild shape in an automatic conversation.

Please fix this issue with druid wild shape and give us the option to automatically revert back to human form for all conversations and cut scenes. Ideally this can be a togglable passive so if somebody wants to stay in animal form for RP or other reason then that might be an option but for me I want my main character to lead the conversations and available to make decision in all cases.

Thank you very much for constantly improving this already amazing game!

veteran
veteran
I've seen weirdness with the Druid companions as well, for example if Jaheira is in Myrmidon form when the battle to rescue Minsc wraps up, then none of the normal dialogs will trigger.

Instead the player will get a dialog something like "Share a vision of Jaheira at camp to calm him down" but of course Jaheira's standing right next to him that whole time, just still in her wild shape.

I really can't understand how in 3 years of feedback about it in the party movement thread, we still don't have a settings option to automatically ungroup whenever combat ends, or to always remain in turn based mode whenever combat concludes. This would solve so many headaches. Most of the issues I've experienced occur during the transitions from exploration to combat, or from combat back to exploration, or when a dialog prompts a combat/vice versa.

Also for Jaheira specifically, if she's Dual wielding weapons prior to wildshaping, the off hand weapon will frequently become unequipped, and then the remaining weapon (still in hand) will get stuck there. Only way I was able to get it to work normally again was to go into another wildshape and then drop out of it back into human form. Generally not the worst outside of combat, but if you get knocked out of form in combat this can be very frustrating. I had Jaheira drop Viconia's mace that was in her off hand, become encumbered as a result of going from 18 STR down to 10 STR, and then weighed down at the worst possible time for that to happen.

Another thing I've seen happen, not specific to Wild Shape, but sometimes characters when ungrouped will get whisked away back to camp randomly after combat ends. Or sometimes when I tell companion to wait at camp while at camp, they go ghost can't be interacted with (can't be highlighted/talked to). Again only thing that fixed it was a quit/reload or travelling to a different camp. This is more difficult in Act III since there are only 2 main camps. Happened to Minthara and Lae'zel, and a couple times to Astarion when I was switching around the party comp.

I'd honestly be kinda wary, because even though I think Honour mode is fun, the game just doesn't seem all that stable for a single save game mode with no going back at this point. Hotfix 16 borked quite a few major quests for me, where stuff was clearly bugging out but because of the game mode some of the usual workarounds were off the table there. One of the earliest Feedback and Suggestion threads I can remember reading on these boards was the one about Character Import/Export and why that's important for a BG game. I feel for anyone who loses their save in honour mode, especially if they didn't nab the gold dice yet, because that would have really bummed me out if it'd happened 2 weeks ago. At least if players had an Import/Export for their characters they'd have something to hang onto even in the worst case of a corrupted save or mod incompatibilities or whatever.

Oh and finally, so not for the Wild Shape but the Summons and Spells, if you respec at Withers I think it might retain the spellslots Or maybe that doesn't reset until resting or something? Otherwise I'm not quite sure how I'm able to upcast a lvl 5 Elemental spell using a lvl 6 slot that shouldn't exist for my Jaheira at as 2/10 multiclass Druid. Pretty sure I've seen the same thing with other upcasted spells in other multiclass combos. Say upcasting command or magic missile at higher lvl spellslot than should be available by class lvl. That one hasn't really been a problem for me as much as it's been for the Absolute, cause it's a pretty significant buff for multiclassing, but that doesn't go jank for other stuff like questline progression, in the way that wildshape sometimes does by missing the convo.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 16/01/24 04:21 AM.
A
A
I agree with both. Wildshape interactions are better than they were, but that plus the dearth of gear that works in wildshape makes Circle of the Moon difficult to use for a player character.

The root issue might simply be how the game frequently chooses to talk to the closest party member instead of whomever if the party lead at that moment.

Some people were very vocal in their desire for a harder mode. While Honour mode satisfies this, it probably should have waited for a while. The bugs have been relatively minor compared to many game releases, it certainly has issues that could ruin an Honour run, which is worse than not having it at all.

V
Viserus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thank your for the replies. I also agree that the game seems not stable enough for the honor mode. I am ok with an undesirable outcome if it is my choice or if I mess up a combat but having bugs like my character not being able to talk due to wildshape would be bad for the single save mode.

I think the closest character leading the conversation is also a bad idea. I want to do a dark urge run (most likely as a druid) and I really want my player character to lead all the conversations. Similarly if I choice to play as an origin character later similarly I want whoever I am playing as lead the conversations. I think there should be a fix that prevent automatic cut scene transition after or during combat. There should be transition phase to choice who will lead the conversation. I will also like a way to use other members during conversation (such as using another party member with high int for an int check) but I guess that would be not possible due to too many combinations.

I really hope we can have a fix sometime in the future that will include a "transition phase" before any conversation that allows us to choice the character to lead the conversation and be able to perform actions such as dismiss wildshape as needed to be able to lead the conversation. Hopefully somebody from Larian team sees this thread smile

A
A
Druid as a class overall feels lacking development and polish. It's not much fun to watch a cutscene or have dialogue with a wildshape blocking the camera. I'll add another issue: your toolbar getting shuffled after wildshaping.

For those on PC, this mod fixes the toolbar problem:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/5877/

This one addresses the lack of moon druid gear and the existing unarmed attack gear in game not working in wildshape. It's pretty well balanced. A couple of items seem a bit OP to me, but maybe not compared to gear like Nyrulna.
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/4535/

B
old hand
old hand
B
Druids break immersion, period - this class is just as stupid and poorly thought out today as it had been in 1975. Should had been a (weird) subset of Clerics. I have never touched them - or the Jackie Chang/Bruce Lee wannabies - with a ten foot pole.

Last edited by Buba68; 28/01/24 05:41 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
Larian does not seem to be a big fan of druids mechanically, which is weird considering just how many there are in the game. Like the war cleric, you essentially *need* mods to fix them.

Invisible 5000 pound bear is a great meme, but it says a lot that this is essentially god mode in a lot of fights.

Link Copied to Clipboard