Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I wonder if, if this whole Regalia of Karsus thing had been an actual thing, then Larian scrubbed it because it would make Gale too important? After all, you can let him die right at the start of the game. Then all the Karsus stuff just... doesn't make sense or matter.
Hard to make him even more important than he already is. I mean, dude can become a literal God.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by saeran
Originally Posted by Anska
I have wondered if the sceptre was originally intended to be the staff which you can find in the House of Hope. From the description in the annals it sounds like you would need all three objects to use them for the intended purpose, so Raphael only wanting one seems a little odd. If he instead had already owned the sceptre and then offered to take Gale's orb out in exchange for the Crown it would have offered a much rounder picture.
It's quite funny that you mention that, because in EA, if you refused to give Gale any magical items, he would make a secret deal with Raphael that took care of his magical hunger problem. I don't think Raphael removed the orb, but he seemed to be able to control it somehow.

That is interesting. Could we learn what his end of the bargain was or did he simply sell his soul away?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Anska
That is interesting. Could we learn what his end of the bargain was or did he simply sell his soul away?
No, only that it was with Raphael. I doubt it was about selling his soul, considering even back then Raphael said souls with a tadpole were worth very little (likely he knew about the illithid transformation destroying them).

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by saeran
No, only that it was with Raphael. I doubt it was about selling his soul, considering even back then Raphael said souls with a tadpole were worth very little (likely he knew about the illithid transformation destroying them).

And there is very little narrative value to soul selling. @GrayGhost is probably right, that exploring the Regalia more thoroughly would have tied Gale even deeper to the main plot - the general Act 3 disease might have also contributed to simplifying this portion of the plot. I still would love to see what was originally planned around it because as it is right now, it feels like something is missing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard