Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
My group just wrapped-up our first multiplayer playthru (PC/Steam), and we're in the process of creating our Tavs for the next one.

Naturally, between kids and such, it's difficult for everyone to find time to make characters outside of our normal 2-hour play windows on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and we'd rather spend that time playing rather than waiting on folks to create characters.

Initially, I figured I could just fire up the new save in the first room of the Nautiloid, and let each of the other 3 players (let's call the Joe, Pete, and Tim) connect when they had time.

Well, this past Saturday, only Joe was available so I fired up our new save and he created his Wizard just fine. However, on Sunday when Pete was free, when I relaunched the game and loaded that save, he was not prompted to create his own character, but instead automatically granted control of Joe's wizard! In fact, he was only able to create a new Tav once we called up Joe and got him to connect and thus "occupy" that 2nd slot.

This has really complicated things for Tim as he's got the least free time out of all of us, and the other two guys will be busy on the evenings leading up to our next game night. Short of sending him the save file and walking him thru launching 4 copies of the game in offline mode, is there any other/better way for him to create his Tav without Joe and Pete logged-in to occupy their Tavs' slots?

Last edited by Larathiel; 31/01/24 09:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well, You could launch three copies of the game and occupy those slots, or you could bring in 2 willing folks from the Larian Discorbs to do it.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 31/01/24 10:15 PM.

Blackheifer
L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
Hmm, I thought it was only possible to launch multiple copies like that with Steam offline and LAN multiplayer only. Guess it's worth a shot though...

L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
Well I guess this is what the Direct Connection method is for...

I could NOT launch multiple copies w/ Steam online, but with it offline I was able to launch 3 copies, enable Multiplayer with LAN and Direct Connection enabled, and the 4th player was able to connect remotely via the code.

A real pain-in-the-ass, to be sure, but at least it's something.

Thanks Blackheifer!

Link Copied to Clipboard