I don't see this perfect conntection from the EA lore.
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
It's not really important so I don't wish to derail the thread further by disproving the "Daisy = Absolute" or "Daisy = Tadpole" beliefs. This was all disproven during Early Access and especially with full release, so it's pointless in my opinion to discuss that.

Point of the story is; the in-game lore during Early Access certainly used to perfectly connect the narrative of the Emperor being the one to intentionally tadpole the party and then project himself as the enticing Daisy while inside the artefact to protect his Chosen as they take on the Absolute, since Early Access characters along with their motivations and personalities were far more rougher around the edges than they are today, so such crude methods were a perfect fit.
[/i]
Well, from what I recall if you used the illithid powers often enough in EA, the [illithid] dialogues would get replaced by the [true soul] tag. Which would indicate that Daisy was leading you towards joining the flock of absolute cultists, which is at odds with the emperor trying to keep free from the elder brain control.

Daisy was promising power and everything that you desire, while showing you the destruction of Baldur's Gate. The emperor is a rogue illithid that wants to continue his shadow life in the same city, running his crime syndicate. These two don't really align either.

Last edited by saeran; 01/02/24 07:32 AM.