If you're going to put a character in the game that only exists to undermine the main character's agency then at least turn them into a proper villain instead of denying us any sort of satisfaction. It's especially funny since Raphael effectively functions in the exact same way and the culmination of his storyline is one of the best moments in the entire game.

Well said!

You expect the dream persona to be a product of the tadpole. Of course you do. It's designed that way. Then twist! It's not! That was the point. And if you're clever enough to see the clues then you can predict it.

I think that theory is incorrect. Tis the problem with cleverness, clever people tend to conflate their own cleverness with reality. But clever people are no less capable of constructing sky castles than the rest of us - indeed they are even more likely to prefer the products of their cleverness to reality. Which is what happened. Some very smart people figured out 95% of the plot before full release and imagined they got it 100% correct

If you told Daisy something like "I'm not resisting you! Please love me my dream luver and give me all your power" She would say something like "you're right, you're not resisting me are you? something else is". Who knows what that other force that was resisting Daisy's seductions? Orpheus? The Emperor? . . .

Or perhaps it was the tadpole that resisting? But that doesn't doesn't fit with the tadpole's reaction to the Omelleum potion which is still in the game: it feels larger and somehow pleased with itself. And it's happy to give you powers even if doesn't control you yet.

Unfortunately, there's good reason to not like what they did with the Emperor. They tried something, and I applaud that. But it didn't entirely work. A lot of people simply didn't like the Emperor as a character, and that's a big deal. I don't just mean they didn't like him. They didn't even love to hate him.

Agreed. I love to hate to Raphael in a way I don't love to hate the emperor. With TE I mostly feel frustration. With nearly every other dialogue tree in the game I can find an option that seems to fit my character. But not with TE conversations.