Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So for the past week, there have been some updates on the Steam change log that suggest that patch 6 will be dropping sooner rather than later. What are you folks hoping to see in a new patch?

For me, I’m hoping to see the new kiss animations that they’ve been teasing for a few months, and hopefully also “hug everyone” animations. Then it would be awesome to have shield bash and eldritch blast fixed. And any kind of polish of Act 3 would be so welcome! Especially polish or additions to Durge’s quest, or added companion reactivity.

I would also like to see some smaller (but still aggravating) bugs fixed, like Mol’s scene being broken in Act 2, and the cleric of Selune Shadowheart interaction being broken at Grymforge. smile

veteran
veteran
transmog! laezelapprove shadowheartgiggle

And anything related to Minthara.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Halsin fixes and updates!
  • Option for solo romance path
  • Fix missing barks
  • Act 3 quest to save tree (or similar)
  • Able to be recruited as companion after party in Act 1
  • Cute scene with owlbear cub

Transmog would also be great!

A
old hand
old hand
A
I'll be boring: Shield Bash to work again, the Arcane Trickster Mage Hand to finally work.

There are also some dialogue bugs in Gale's Origin which I would love to see fixed and Minthara's good recruitment path getting polished up would be great.

J
J
I just hope they manage to fix more than they break this time. And maybe they can address for a change stuff people care about, like broken characters, broken romances, shield bash...

veteran
veteran
I'm still hoping for more control over our portrait visualization.

Specifically I want Shadowheart's Act III portrait to match her avatar when that whole bit goes down.

I'd love transmog as well, but I don't want them to half-ass that by doing it piecemeal. Or introducing it in a busted way, for us to play wait and see. I think this is a really important thing for the RP, so I want it to look clean. Basically I don't want to spend like 2 months wearing armor with randomly disappearing textures again or suffering through portraits that don't match the transmog. I just get visions of the darkened portrait bug thing and the potent robes blinking out white, or adamantine armor missing pieces etc.

A simple thing that might have some real and lasting appeal for players at this point, would be to open up all the faces for all fantasy races.

There are variations on faces/heads for fantasy races that we can catch here and there. Say some among the random NPCs, where some are more unique than others, things of that sort. Obviously they can't quite do the same for Dragonborn and Half Orcs, (and we did get some new heads there for full release) but you know what I mean. I'm talking about the mostly human faces which could just be sorta ported over to give us more options so that Character creations feels new again. They could probably do something similar with starting equipment.

Mostly I think they need to get all the platforms on the same page. Cause I can do things with my PC controller UI that console players still can't do with their native controller UI. Hopefully they go more with adding stuff as opposed to replacing or redirecting existing stuff, if that makes sense. The trends on that have been a total mixed bag each time. Especially if they redo stuff like cutscenes and cinematography or soundwork. These should be tied to new dialogue prompts instead of supplanting the old with overwrites, cause every time they change stuff it's getting a split reaction from the playerbase.

I'd hope for a party of 6 in the Custom mode, for Patch 6, but I'm a broken record on that by now lol

Last edited by Black_Elk; 01/02/24 07:52 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Anska
Arcane Trickster Mage Hand to finally work.

This.

A properly functioning Minthara.
Ability to leave Halsin in Act 2.
Black dye.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Since I expect this to be the last "big" update there is a lot I would like to see..

Must Have:

• Fix Shieldbash
  • Fix Arcane Trickster
  • Dialog Bugs
  • General graphics glitches

Want to Have:

• Add Paladin selecting God
  • Option for Roll Stats instead of Buy
  • Option to use D20 for Initiative
  • Give proper Dwarf/Orc voice

Last edited by Zentu; 01/02/24 03:14 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
obviously the most important: crossplay!

M
M
Originally Posted by Jones76
I just hope they manage to fix more than they break this time.

This.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Voicelines fix for Halsin.

Please.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Act 3 is still a hot mess (I don't even know where to start from) and people seriously worry about new kiss animations ?

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Fjormarr
Act 3 is still a hot mess (I don't even know where to start from) and people seriously worry about new kiss animations ?

Well Valentine's Day is close, so you might argue that it's the season for new kisses. =D (I am a bit scared of those, tbh, because of the none-epilogue new ones, I only like Astarion's.)

If I would add one hope to the list that probably stays wishful thinking, I'd like the Netherese Orb to be more relevant in Gale's Origin. It gets ignored in so many situations when it should be relevant, which is a bit sad. For example Auntie has a strong reaction to the repulsive magic surrounding the tadpole but not to the same magic flowing through the wizard's veins. I would have loved for her to have a more insightful (ha!) comment here, maybe even an option to discuss why nobody can seem to sense the orb's necrotic influence before coming into direct contact with it.

S
S
To be added to the game: a dialogue option to get any companion to leave camp permanently at any point in the game.

More bugfixing, especially in act three.

veteran
veteran
A lot of work needs to be done to Act III. I'd like to see that.

I hope there'll be a smarter AI one day that makes Honour Mode difficult.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

It’s not either/or, for real. I understand that Act 3 is disappointing and wildly unfinished. If I had a choice between a new kiss animation and a satisfying conclusion for Durge, I would take the latter immediately. However, they have already been teasing new kiss animations, and are probably already done with them, and that IS something I can appreciate. That doesn’t take away from the fact that I would highly value a decent ending for Durge (for JUST one example of needed polish in Act 3) as well.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 02/02/24 07:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca

It’s not either/or, for real. I understand that Act 3 is disappointing and wildly unfinished. If I had a choice between a new kiss animation and a satisfying conclusion for Durge, I would take the latter immediately. However, they have already been teasing new kiss animations, and are probably already done with them, and that IS something I can appreciate. That doesn’t take away from the fact that I would highly value a decent ending for Durge (for JUST one example of needed polish in Act 3) as well.

I get the issue with it. There's only so much work that can be done on the game. A finite number of hours that can be invested into improving what already exists.

As someone who wants to see a stronger Act III and the opulent estates of the upper city, it's insanely frustrating to see so much work catering to people who enjoy things I find shallow and frivolous.

People asking for a Gortash romance? Seriously? That's the nice version of what I think to myself. Those clamoring voices get in the way of real progress. It really bothers me. The storytelling suffers because of this vapid nonsense.

I take storytelling seriously as an artform. And I can't even begin to describe how much it annoys me that the insistence on certain things in our modern culture corrupt and rot the medium.

I guess, for me, it's a bigger issue than what it at first seems to be.

Anyway, I understand that groups of people have different tastes and that some groups of people are loud. I also understand that those groups are allowed to have their tastes and request whatever they want. That said, I'm allowed to disagree with them and think they're causing more harm than good. Basically a net negative to art/society.

I also happen to be very sick and moody lately.

veteran
veteran
Despite the numerous shortcomings that clearly need to be addressed; I for one am also excited for the new kiss animations because all the current ones (apart from Karlach's) are mere soulless placeholders that entirely lack personality behind the kiss, so I am curious to see Laezel and Minthara's. Because how does a Githyanki who hates the idea of public affection end up kissing? How does she even get hugged when she hates cuddling? Am looking forward to finding out grin

Also it would be amazing if couples would end up cuddled up in the camp's sleeping scene, as that would boost the immersion regarding romances significantly by having them physically exist in the world, instead of just existing through dialogue which the player themself has to initiate. For example if one is devoted to Karlach, then Karlach and the main character would be cuddled up together while sleeping.

apprentice
apprentice
a lot of basic stuff that should be in the game currently needs to be modded.
wasd movement, free camera movement, remove "reset tutorials" pop-up, and so on.

user interface improvements in general because it literally sucks.
multiplayer improvements and more interactions.
anisotropic filtering restored since it's been broken for two patches.
some balance changes + additions to make the ruleset more accurate to dnd, including adding the missing spells, races, classes...

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca

I get the issue with it. There's only so much work that can be done on the game. A finite number of hours that can be invested into improving what already exists.

As someone who wants to see a stronger Act III and the opulent estates of the upper city, it's insanely frustrating to see so much work catering to people who enjoy things I find shallow and frivolous.

People asking for a Gortash romance? Seriously? That's the nice version of what I think to myself. Those clamoring voices get in the way of real progress. It really bothers me. The storytelling suffers because of this vapid nonsense.

I take storytelling seriously as an artform. And I can't even begin to describe how much it annoys me that the insistence on certain things in our modern culture corrupt and rot the medium.

I guess, for me, it's a bigger issue than what it at first seems to be.

Anyway, I understand that groups of people have different tastes and that some groups of people are loud. I also understand that those groups are allowed to have their tastes and request whatever they want. That said, I'm allowed to disagree with them and think they're causing more harm than good. Basically a net negative to art/society.

I also happen to be very sick and moody lately.

I don’t disagree with you. I would hate to see new, shallow romances added for Raphael or Gortash, for example. Because those would be grossly underbaked, superficial, and they’re like the ultimate villains, so… it would be very weird.

I would not want the developers investing time in those things AT ALL. I don’t think that the devs should be adding romances just because people are thirsty. Like I’m not a fan of the Halsin romance. I dislike the Drow twins thing, the bear sex thing, the Mizora sex thing, etc. I’m not a fan of adding sex simply for shock value. Particularly when the “shock value” things grab people’s attention and they do not notice weaknesses in the storytelling.

HOWEVER, I think that the romances existing in the game deserve to be fully fleshed out and justice done to the characters. I’m invested in their stories and their fates, particularly if a character has become close to my character. So I’m happy to see changes to existing romances that improve them, or increase the immersion. New kiss animations are one small thing that increase the immersion, and I will certainly enjoy them. (Cuddling at camp would be really cute, too, but there are heaps of other things I would rather they do first.)

But the kiss animations are relatively superficial things that are NOT adequate compensation for the underwhelming content of companion quests in act 3. (I kinda think this is why they released Karlach’s and Halsin’s first, i.e., players were unhappy with the state of their act 3 quests. And I do not think that a kiss animation will ever be an adequate replacement for fully developed, meaningful quests.)

I do want to see a deepening of what’s already in the game, especially in act 3, and that includes companion reactivity, camp scenes, romances, and sooo many of the quests that just feel unfinished and fall FLAT. (I’m obsessed with how bad I think the good Durge ending is…)

I’m looking for depth, not frivolity. So in that sense, we agree. There’s a massive need for more depth in act 3’s storytelling, in many areas. That is my #1 problem with the game.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 02/02/24 10:37 PM.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard