Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Looks like it truly will be a Valentine’s Day patch! I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. It’s so funny that they’re releasing it around Valentine’s Day. But they are reporting that they’re going to release new kiss animations and bug fixes, and supposedly it’s a “hefty” patch. I hope to goodness that there’s some polish in act 3 in there for me.

Link to their teaser tweet:

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1755980870664466761

B
old hand
old hand
B
Thanks for the heads up.

Oh boy kisses. Definitely was worth waiting 2 months for that >.>

A
old hand
old hand
A
So: Excited? Nervous? Bit of both?

veteran
veteran
Called it!

My crystal ball never fails grin

apprentice
apprentice
It's not all going to be kisses, right? ... Right?

I was anticipating a valentines day sort of thing anyway but here's hoping shield bash gets a fix.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by alienspacebats
It's not all going to be kisses, right? ... Right?

I was anticipating a valentines day sort of thing anyway but here's hoping shield bash gets a fix.

After all, what is Shield Bash but a different type of kiss? (I really hope that's among the fixes.)

I was personally hoping they'd give us an update on the toolset they promised. It's been 6 months and they haven't given us any information on it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
I was personally hoping they'd give us an update on the toolset they promised. It's been 6 months and they haven't given us any information on it.

Yep.

Well hopefully this patch is for PC and MacOS and we don't have a broken cross save situation for two weeks.

Blackheifer
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl

Yep.

Well hopefully this patch is for PC and MacOS and we don't have a broken cross save situation for two weeks.

Well, I have seen a LOT of updates to the mac_test depots on Steam, so maybe they are trying to get it out for PC and Mac at the same time. We’ll have to see!

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska
So: Excited? Nervous? Bit of both?

I’m excited to see what they’re going to add. I’m nervous that they’re not going to fix some of the bugs that are bugging me the most. Because if they don’t, it’ll probably be at least a couple of months until another patch. There are always hotfixes though I suppose.

journeyman
journeyman
oh boy this is exciting, laugh more content its constantly Christmas for everyone that been playing since Early Access , lol

My Name is Regulator and im a Hoarder in the lands of Faerûn.

how much stuff is to much stuff, because its certainly not enough stuff.
veteran
veteran
Legendary actions for custom mode.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I am hoping, Larian will:

- fix the bugs that have been reported months ago
- improve the dialogues and kiss nimations of the companions they neglected all the time (Gale was neglected badly for example)
- make the gamne more agreeable with mods. Whgich they said they would do sometime.

Until that is fixed, i don'tt acre about new stuff. They can't fool me by adding new candy while so much is still broken.

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 11/02/24 06:13 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Whatever they do:

I hope all my mods (and not for me, but for some player: the savegames) will still work!

A
stranger
stranger
A
If they don't add anything to Minthara and ignore her again AND the major bugs like Shield Bash are still unfixed then frankly I'm gonna lose hope for Larian. I'm already burnt out from encountering new bugs every time I start a new playthrough, only for it to break later down the line due to crashes or getting corrupted. New fancy kissing animations won't get me to enjoy this game as much as I did when it was working properly.

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
According to Steam, I have 1,076 hours "played" on BG3 with all my playthroughs. With maybe 100 hours or so in /afk mode, I can surmise that over 400 hours of said total is inventory management!! So yeah, I'll let you guess what I would really hope for in an upcoming patch!

apprentice
apprentice
Spoilers in my complaint that doubles as a hope for future patches:

The majority of my hundreds of hours of playtime is just messing around with cosmetics and constantly restarting, rather than actually playing the game. The farthest I've ever gotten was mid-Act 2, but I've honestly not had motivation to keep playing after everything I've read about Act 3. The companions already feel like they're hardly there in Act 1, and outside of their story conclusions, it's a dearth of content in Act 3. Romances don't exist outside their vacuum. There is precious little player agency in general and virtually none in romances. Gortash gets killed off for no reason, instead of having an interesting, middle-of-the-road ending where the Netherbrain dies and Baldur's Gate is still ruled by him (honorable mention to Larian's bi-erasure with rewriting some of Gortash's letters). I dislike everything about the Emperor. The story suffers from tonal whiplash, as if half the writing team were mature adults while the other half were immature teenagers (just the vibe, not name-calling). The main story itself seems extremely weak compared to the original scrapped storyline that was datamined; seemed like it had proper layers and depth. Larian disrespects the lore too much. Etc. I'd mention poor prioritization of resources, but that isn't something that can be retroactively fixed with patches.

If the most egregious of the issues could be tended to in gradual patches, I'd be pleased, but I imagine this patch will feature minor bug fixes, mostly romance "content," stealth change more things no asked for, and likely introduce new bugs. I'll hold out hope until they announce they are no longer updating the game, but I'm not personally optimistic about this specific patch. I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong, however!

Last edited by The Fell Omen; 11/02/24 07:01 PM.
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by The Fell Omen
Spoilers in my complaint that doubles as a hope for future patches:

The majority of my hundreds of hours of playtime is just messing around with cosmetics and constantly restarting, rather than actually playing the game. The farthest I've ever gotten was mid-Act 2, but I've honestly not had motivation to keep playing after everything I've read about Act 3. The companions already feel like they're hardly there in Act 1, and outside of their story conclusions, it's a dearth of content in Act 3. Romances don't exist outside their vacuum. There is precious little player agency in general and virtually none in romances. Gortash gets killed off for no reason, instead of having an interesting, middle-of-the-road ending where the Netherbrain dies and Baldur's Gate is still ruled by him (honorable mention to Larian's bi-erasure with rewriting some of Gortash's letters). I dislike everything about the Emperor. The story suffers from tonal whiplash, as if half the writing team were mature adults while the other half were immature teenagers (just the vibe, not name-calling). The main story itself seems extremely weak compared to the original scrapped storyline that was datamined; seemed like it had proper layers and depth. Larian disrespects the lore too much. Etc. I'd mention poor prioritization of resources, but that isn't something that can be retroactively fixed with patches.

If the most egregious of the issues could be tended to in gradual patches, I'd be pleased, but I imagine this patch will feature minor bug fixes, mostly romance "content," stealth change more things no asked for, and likely introduce new bugs. I'll hold out hope until they announce they are no longer updating the game, but I'm not personally optimistic about this specific patch. I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong, however!

So Act 3 can be a bit of a slog, but I promise you, the epilogue makes it all 1000% worth it. Especially if you romance Shadowheart. Although the other companion dialogues are so nice too, it’s just so well done. But trust me, it is worth completing the game right now, or at least after the new patch drops, because the epilogue is really good.

Personally I'm hoping for some fixes for Shadowheart and Minthara. And, it probably won't happen, but a way to get rid off Halsin on a good playthrough. A way to kill him or whatever. I don't want to wait till Orin to
kill him
, that's too long.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard