@JandK I'm sorry you are sick! I hope things improve soon. Always remember that discussions about video games are meant to fun, this is a truly meaningless conversation. Don't strain yourself! smile

But your point isn't obvious and your confidence in your own cleverness is leading you to ignore evidence that contradicts your theory. I don't want to upset you and I have no problem with you saying "agree to disagree" at this point in the conversation but:

1. "it's obvious" isn't an argument it's just an assertion
2. I've found - the hard way - that it's good practice to assume that your conversation partner is as clever as you are. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I am less clever. I took charisma as a dump stat, not intelligence.

5. Letting her in: The Emperor does not want you to resist. The Emperor is asking you to let him in, to listen to him, and the Emperor is attempting to manipulate you with a persona drawn from your own imagination. "Let me in," the Emperor says. Why is that hard to understand, but it's easy for you to imagine the tadpole saying, "Let me in."?

It's not difficult to understand. Clearly The Emperor took Daisy's place. But you are focusing on the first part of Daisy's seduction while I am focusing on the second. Unfortunately I don't have the original cinematic on hand but it only shows up if you do something stupid and tell Daisy "I'm not resisting" She says that some other force is resisting her.

So it's obvious that Daisy was a projection of the absolute and some other force - perhaps the emperor, or Orpheus or even Shar - wanted to keep you from earning the [ true soul ] tag. wink

@crimsomrider

Thanks! Fascinating. An nicely stated as always.

I never saw him as anti hero. For me the fantasy model of an anti hero is Elric - someone who uses evil ends towards good means. Elric destroys souls and summons demons but does so because he cares for fate of the world and would like to save it from the forces of chaos if he could. There's a soupcon of Elric in Wyll.

I never saw The Emperor as a figure interested in the greater good, his motivations seem entirely selfish. Raphael is right in this if nothing else. He wants to kill the elder brain to keep himself free and he would like to have his criminal empire back but - as his decision to join the brain indicates - he'd damn the world if it would save his life.

@stevelin7 Glad we agree! Yes, the emperor will do anything to survive. At first it seems that the center of his personality is a desire to be free but it turns out to just be survival instinct.