J
JCin617 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Just finished the point in Act 1 after
rescuing, and in my case killing, Nere
. After talking to everyone, went to take a long rest but sleep is interrupted by
the event where the owl bear cub is having a nightmare
. It appears this event cannot be avoided at this point in my game.

After the event, character goes back to sleep, but at end of sleep the entire party is stuck asleep with notification that:

"Some of your companions remain deep in dreamful sleep and can't awaken yet."

There is nothing I can do to get past this point - I cannot change characters or initiate any action. I have dismissed all my companions prior to attempting a long rest and tried again, still same result. Since the event appears to be locked into occurring on my next long rest, I cannot bypass it either (if that is even the cause).

I have tried changing locations and reloading from earlier saves, but since I do not know the root cause, I don't know how far back I have to go in my save history to resolve - but at this point game progress is blocked.

J
JCin617 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
As follow up - it appears like its related to the event itself; I went back to a much older save and continued to do Long Rests until the event above occurs, at which point the situation described above happened (No one can wake up).

For additional information, this is on PC, with patch 4. I've had this event happen many times with other characters in previous patches, but never been stuck like this before.

Last edited by JCin617; 02/11/23 08:18 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I just experienced this as well, but didn't connect it to the owlbear scene. I thought it was because we were doing partial long rests to try and clear any cutscene backlog. It may well be related to the owlbear though because we were at the same spot in my game. Changing campsites didn't fix it either. What did work was doinga full rest using supplies instead. Only then were we able to rest. If you're already trying a full rest, and failing, maybe try doing a partial rest instead?

J
JCin617 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I tried full rest using only camp supplies as well as partial rest, to no avail.

After the cutscene with the owlbear, the party refuses to wake up. frown Opened support ticket, but until fixed seems like this campaign is blocked.

This must be something new in patch 4, as I've had this cutscene occur many times in other playthroughs, and never hit this issue.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Just encountered this in my own game. I am in Act 2 trying to rest before finishing the Gauntlet of Shar. When I rest, Raphael comes to talk Astarion regarding the marks on his back. When that is done, the Owl Bear cub and the dog have a bad dream. I talk to them and then go back to bed. The long rest is then interrupted and from there the game is stuck. Any character not in my party has disappeared from camp and I can't select anything or anyone. None of the solutions I have read online seem to work for me. Has there been any other options presented since the last time this was brought up?

Link Copied to Clipboard