Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Community Manager
Online Happy
Community Manager
Originally Posted by alienspacebats
It's not all going to be kisses, right? ... Right?

I was anticipating a valentines day sort of thing anyway but here's hoping shield bash gets a fix.

It's not all kisses! Patch 6 comes packed with fixes as well, keep your eyes peeled this week

J
stranger
stranger
J
Act 4

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Assuming it's been more than 2 months since the last patch and given that it's Valentine's Day, I would like to see:

Kiss animations and perhaps more romantic content with the romances. It would be great if characters slept cuddled up with the protagonist in the camp when taking a long rest or something similar.

But beyond the Valentine's Day fluff, I'd like them to fix Mirthana and add more content for her. Her fans have been asking for it for a while now. Mirthana is the only companion I've never recruited, and I'd like them to correct her recruitment on the good route. I can't stand seeing that Drow goddess sharing a tent with Halsin, and besides, Mirthana is the other female character I'm interested in aside from Shadowheart.

It would be good if they provided us with a canon way to get rid of Halsin, for example, with the ultimatum discussion between Minthrara and Halsin that was leaked in patch 4. (Honestly, I still don't know if Larian will implement this or not).

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Based on their latest teaser, it looks like some folks will be happy, while other folks might be a little disappointed:

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1757440540340031564

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 13/02/24 04:41 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
I can't even see the teaser. XD I just see that it is a teaser. Which is maybe the ultimate teaser?

Originally Posted by Sobocles
Assuming it's been more than 2 months since the last patch and given that it's Valentine's Day, I would like to see:

Kiss animations and perhaps more romantic content with the romances. It would be great if characters slept cuddled up with the protagonist in the camp when taking a long rest or something similar.

But beyond the Valentine's Day fluff, I'd like them to fix Mirthana and add more content for her. Her fans have been asking for it for a while now. Mirthana is the only companion I've never recruited, and I'd like them to correct her recruitment on the good route. I can't stand seeing that Drow goddess sharing a tent with Halsin, and besides, Mirthana is the other female character I'm interested in aside from Shadowheart.

It would be good if they provided us with a canon way to get rid of Halsin, for example, with the ultimatum discussion between Minthrara and Halsin that was leaked in patch 4. (Honestly, I still don't know if Larian will implement this or not).

You basically covered everything i was about to say in regards of the LI's and Minthara. Some nice scenes with your LI would be sweet as it fits with the valentine theme, but yeah Minthara needs a desperate fix in general. Her romance in act 3 is empty, there's basically nothing going on with her and the glitch with her and Halsin's tent merging is really annoying and is evident these two aren't supposed to be in the camp together. I really need some sort of 'choose me or the other' scene or something if you want to take the good path with Minthara and not murder the tieflings.

I'd also like to add that Karlach and Wyll don't say anything about Minthara's recruitment or anything about Minthara in general which is jarring, and yet Minthara herself has opinions about these two if you ask her about your companions. That woman is broken as a companion, on good path at least.

Hopefully a fix is on the road, i can wait if it takes a bit of time as the waiting is not an issue. I just hope she gets some sort of fix/overhaul so i can finally get rid of Halsin coming onto my camp uninvited as I don't bother saving him/talking to him lately.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Based on their latest teaser, it looks like some folks will be happy, while other folks might be a little disappointed:

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1757440540340031564

Finally, I like what i'm reading. Can't wait.

Last edited by WildOrchid; 13/02/24 04:56 PM.
Community Manager
Online Happy
Community Manager
Back here to share some teasers for what's in patch 6!

- You’ll now be able to dismiss a recruited companion from your party while speaking to the companion you want to replace them with!

- Shield Bash and Rebuke of the Mighty have been fixed, which means your passives should now correctly trigger Saving Throws.

- Automatically triggered dialogue will now try to prioritise your avatar as the main speaker, so your party members should stop stealing the limelight!

Along with multiple gameplay improvements and fixes to address other player-reported issues.

Releasing on PC, PlayStation, & Xbox, Patch 6 is 21GB and will require approximately 150GB of free space for PC & SteamDeck to install. If you are short on space, you can uninstall BG3 and re-install the patched version.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Thank you, Salo!

Shield Bash!!!

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska
I can't even see the teaser. XD I just see that it is a teaser. Which is maybe the ultimate teaser?

Ah yeah, you have to tap on the tweet and then in the comments you can see the rest of the teaser. But it looks like it was already covered by Salo on this post, thank you very much!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm personally hoping that they will have added more content for Halsin and reworked his romance -- but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hopeful that they are calling this a "hefty" patch because they're gifting us with more content (not because I feel it's needed, but because I'm obsessed with the game and it's made me greedy for more) and that it's not only bug fixes (which are absolutely needed) and new kissing animations.

Last edited by Syraxfyre; 13/02/24 05:03 PM.
Originally Posted by Syraxfyre
I'm personally hoping that they will have added more content for Halsin and reworked his romance -- but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hopeful that they are calling this a "hefty" patch because they're gifting us with more content (not because I feel it's needed, but because I'm obsessed with the game and it's made me greedy for more) and that it's not just bug fixes and new kissing animations.

Personally the only content I want for Halsin is the ability to kill him or get rid off him permanently on a good playthrough. Sadly that's a wishful thinking.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A
old hand
old hand
A
Being able to choose between Halsin and Minthara while still removing the shadow curse would be nice. I am also a little nervous if Gale will get a nice new kiss. Nice in this context means "looks good when everyone is generously splattered with the blood of our enemies."

stranger
stranger
I'm hoping to see Minthara finally become a real companion in patch 6! Maybe she can finally leave early access~

Originally Posted by WildOrchid
yeah Minthara needs a desperate fix in general. Her romance in act 3 is empty, there's basically nothing going on with her and the glitch with her and Halsin's tent merging is really annoying and is evident these two aren't supposed to be in the camp together. I really need some sort of 'choose me or the other' scene or something if you want to take the good path with Minthara and not murder the tieflings.

I'd also like to add that Karlach and Wyll don't say anything about Minthara's recruitment or anything about Minthara in general which is jarring, and yet Minthara herself has opinions about these two if you ask her about your companions. That woman is broken as a companion, on good path at least.
This. She's also broken on the evil path.

Originally Posted by Ninii
I'm hoping to see Minthara finally become a real companion in patch 6! Maybe she can finally leave early access~

And this. Amazing gif btw.

When the new patch drops, I'll do a word search for "Minthara" and if I get 0 results, I'm definitely taking a break. I'm getting tired of being a playtester XD

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
I'm hoping for some fixes for Minthara as well. On my evil playthrough she was basically a mute in act 2 and she's not triggering any banter in act 3 with any companion either.

veteran
veteran
Yay for patch 6 having dialogue that starts automatically go to your avatar!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate

Last edited by Icelyn; 13/02/24 08:33 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Salo
Originally Posted by alienspacebats
It's not all going to be kisses, right? ... Right?

I was anticipating a valentines day sort of thing anyway but here's hoping shield bash gets a fix.

It's not all kisses! Patch 6 comes packed with fixes as well

(So it's all Kisses) haha

journeyman
journeyman
A ton of good posts here that I can agree with, here are some wishes of my own.

Fireforge Tassels beard needs Highlight fix, color won't change, it's stuck on pink!

Occassional flickering black box where Karlach camps in Act 1 outdoors camp, this has been an issue since day 1!

Paladin Oath Breaker cutscene should be moved to trigger at camp as soon as you go to camp, interrupting cutscenes causes a slew of nightmarish bugs, certain cutscenes not triggering or lagging, bags disappearing as soon as you pick them up, not going to inventory, etc.
This note is mainly aimed at betraying the tieflings that are holding Laezel captive. As I was in the middle of the oathbreaker cutscene, Laezel immediately interacted with Astarion which caused a slew of bugs later on.

There are some other things that I think aren't scripted at all, I tested all oaths and done some evil shite with Ancients and Devotion Oath that aren't triggering oathbreaking. Such as as sneak attacking non hostiles and straight up one hit murdering bandits at the Act 1 chapel.

Also using Deception dialogue options should also trigger Oath breaking for Devotion Oath, for it is technically lying. Just my personal opinion on that note. Paladins shouldn't be trying to deceive people, it's not exactly honorable.

For asthetics go, they should do away with dyes entirely, people aren't happy with them, the old BG1 and BG2 you can change your colors to whatever you want via inventory with built in swatches.

Another nice touch would be allowing you to adjust the voice pitch of your character for more diverse customization.

Lastly facial molding, it could be implemented with face sliders. I was disappointed it wasn't in the game to begin with, just selecting heads is outdated by like 15-20 years.

~Kensei~
Personally I'm just worried that Larian has cancelled their promised mod tools given they were promised to come out after the PS5 version and it's been 5 months since then.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
My only hope is they will fix Xbox saves, so I can sleep on night without nightmares of loosing all my pretty little saves of 200hours company, which I invested a month of my life and all of my heart...

And cuddles with LI on long rest is a great idea))) pls...

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard