Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
I agree with Gray Ghost. The exception of Dark Urge, we are all just random people who have been tadpoled. There's no reason, at least that is given, that the Dream Visitor has any reason to pick us specifically as their champion.

Even so, the companions could have more meaningful interactions. The overland party banter is mostly neutral in content regarding any interpersonal relationships. Even if you saw them talking to each other in camp, sitting around the campfire and complimenting Gale's cooking, it would help cement that the group is a team working together, not just working for Tav.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Maybe that's how it was planned. They all have their problems, and as Astarion said, what they have in common is tadpoles. Everyone seems preoccupied with themselves, and the only person they go to with their problems is Tav. Because.... Tav is smart, she's the head of the pack, for some reason she's the best at embracing reality and she's decisive. I think that was the writers' idea and I'm happy with it. A nice change from the not-so-bright Sara Ryder or the Inquisitor, who didn't know which way to go without advisors.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by druidofthestars
Twitter, Tumblr, Discord, and Reddit

Man, you should also go to Tik Tok to talk about the antagonist\controversial character in story from different perspectives, including positive ones. I'm sure you've found a thorough, philosophical, intelligent and respectful answer.
Considering the rules of the world, global idea, mood, image, motivations of the character with love for it... In 20-25% of cases.
80% - on these sites are one-sided and simplistic. I probably sound arrogant, but honestly that's what I saw there when I stepped. Your words are more proof of that. I'm off topic in Mystra, but this seems to be a ubiquitous phenomenon and just as the game is popular and all the big fandoms are a mess.
At the moment interesting thoughts some people don't speak up, no one wants to feel the toxic wave.
Maybe only in 2 years, people with unpopular interesting opinions will speak up.
I wish you find some good interesting thoughts.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Mystra's history is a complex thing, both in and out of setting. She's died multiple times in universe for reasons that were both narrative, and as a result of real-world editorial fiat. The last time Mystra died was as Dungeons and Dragons was shifting from 3.5 into 4th edition. At time time, the design team was pushing to trying to drastically simplify the lore of the Realms, and arranged for this state of affairs by having Mystra killed by Cyric. This unleashed the Spellplague, an enormous magical disaster that took out the Weave, changing the function of magic all across Toril. At the same time, a part of the world that had been separated in the earliest history of the Realms, Abeir, began to reassert itself, rejoining itself to the world in certain places, both the Spellplague and Abeir physically altering the face of the planet. Many gods were revealed to actually be different deities, and yet others were slain as Mystra had been. The setting itself took a large leap into a future point in time. A lot of extremely popular mortal characters passed away during this timeskip.

The result of all of this was a Realms that had been drastically changed from what it had been before, and the fandom absolutely rebelled. A large number of people who had been fans of the Realms for decades decided they wanted nothing to do with what Wizards of the Coast had done to the world. In the name of slaughtering the sacred cows, they essentially murdered a silver goose.

Meanwhile, in D&D proper, 4th edition's ruleset had proved unpopular with many people. They opted in 5th edition to create something more similar to what had gone before.

They ultimately ended the Spellplague by reversing a large number of the changes that had been made to the setting in the "Second Sundering" event. Mystra was returned to life, dead gods like Eilistraee and Azuth were revealed to be not so dead, parts of the world were returned to previous form when the Spellplague ended. This is the context in which the 5th edition was released, and the state of the world in which BG3 is set, in the aftermath of two calamities.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard