Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
I for one am so happy. Can't wait to finally see;

• Minthara fully fixed, improved and solidified as an actual companion
  • Her own tent and unique scene with Halsin
  • Her actual love scene in ACT 2, along with her reactive responses improved so she stops acting like a consultant and starts acting like an actual love interest
  • More dialogues added so she isn't a mute that has nothing to say in critical moments (like not having anything to say about several Dark Urge moments)
  • And most importantly her vastly improved lore-appropriate recruitment in a good playthrough that's not just ambiguously barely mentioned under 300 lines of patch notes and causing people to waste hours of their playtime because it left out important details on how to actually recruit her grin

Otherwise...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
Personally I'm just worried that Larian has cancelled their promised mod tools given they were promised to come out after the PS5 version and it's been 5 months since then.

I am holding out hope that they will show up in the next few patches or Larian just comes out and says "hey we decided not to do Steam workshop or mod tools"

I mean, bug fixes are great, and fixing actions is very important but I could not care less about companions smooching or other superficial nonsense that we don't really do in multiplayer anyway.

Blackheifer
B
stranger
stranger
B
All I want is my cleric of Lathander to automatically recognize the statue of his god outside the latter's ruined temple...that's a lot to ask, I know...

(And about a dozen other fixes for that cleric, but...)

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Braxien
All I want is my cleric of Lathander to automatically recognize the statue of his god outside the latter's ruined temple...that's a lot to ask, I know...

(And about a dozen other fixes for that cleric, but...)

That seems like a very reasonable request. I love the reactivity of the Cleric of Selune, so it’s only right that that be extended to other clerics when appropriate. Overall, I think that the classes that they added earliest, including the cleric and wizard, need some more love. Especially when it comes to dialogue options. Way too many of my cleric options are condescending, stuffy, or judgmental, while my bard dialogue options have been excellent.

They’ve been teasing the new patch relentlessly for the past few days, so I’m really hoping that they’ll drop it today. They’ve been dropping teaser kiss animations that must be for the evil path. Or at least I hope they are. And it’s nice that they’ve been highlighting some of the popular queer ships. Eagerly awaiting patch notes.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
They’ve been teasing the new patch relentlessly for the past few days, so I’m really hoping that they’ll drop it today. They’ve been dropping teaser kiss animations that must be for the evil path. Or at least I hope they are. And it’s nice that they’ve been highlighting some of the popular queer ships. Eagerly awaiting patch notes.

I might eat my words in a few moments, but I don't think so. It is getting a bit late for a patch to drop. As for the teasers, of course if an animation with a degrading component is shown, it's Gale who is put down, as always.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska

I might eat my words in a few moments, but I don't think so. It is getting a bit late for a patch to drop. As for the teasers, of course if an animation with a degrading component is shown, it's Gale who is put down, as always.

Whew, that would be a little disappointing if they played up a romance patch around Valentine’s Day, and then didn’t drop it until after Valentine’s Day. Oh well, I’ll live I suppose.

I saw the Gale and Astarion animation, yeah. I see what you mean about Gale being the one who’s degraded. The kiss appears to be receiving a mostly positive reception, though… Hopefully that’s ascended Astarion like most people think. I did not like the Shadowheart one honestly. But I’m hoping that it is the Dark Justiciar version. It gives off those vibes.

Whew, that would be a little disappointing if they played up a romance patch around Valentine’s Day, and then didn’t drop it until after Valentine’s Day. Oh well, I’ll live I suppose.

I saw the Gale and Astarion animation, yeah. I see what you mean about Gale being the one who’s degraded. The kiss appears to be receiving a mostly positive reception, though… Hopefully that’s ascended Astarion like most people think. I did not like the Shadowheart one honestly. But I’m hoping that it is the Dark Justiciar version. It gives off those vibes.

Why do you think SH's kiss has to be DJ version? Just because she switches to Selune that doesn't mean she has to act like a virgin Mary. Selune Shadowheart also doesn't mind sharing or go 5some in a brothel.... That's actually one thing I wish they could change. DS SH - doesn't mind sharing. Selunite SH - doesn't like sharing.

A
old hand
old hand
A

It would make absolutely no sense for Spawn Astarion. My general problem with these two kisses is that they feel very unique or situational and not like something that would just casually happen on a day to day basis. The first batch of new kisses (minus Wyll's perhaps, which is a little fancy) is great in this regard, they have personality but aren't so fancy that they start looking odd as a repeatable, every day animation.

Last edited by Anska; 14/02/24 08:04 PM.
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Maybe they’ll have multiple animations in some sort of rotation. Apparently Halsin is getting another new animation, in addition to the previous one (which is hopefully not intended to make up for the fact that he has no relevance in Act 3). So maybe they will be doing a rotation, and an elaborate kiss won’t happen every single time.

In terms of the Shadowheart animation, I guess I just really liked how they did it in the epilogue with the Selunite Shadowheart. Yeah, I thought that animation was really well done, and I was hoping for a variation on that. Since the template already exists.

Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7

Why do you think SH's kiss has to be DJ version? Just because she switches to Selune that doesn't mean she has to act like a virgin Mary. Selune Shadowheart also doesn't mind sharing or go 5some in a brothel.... That's actually one thing I wish they could change. DS SH - doesn't mind sharing. Selunite SH - doesn't like sharing.

Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying this one fits for a DJ Shadow.. It's ok to be a Selunite and still pull a 'Loviatar' in bed, so to speak. shadowheartsshh

The kiss is nice, I see nothing wrong with that. Well, maybe the armor kissing. She must really like the taste of metal.

stranger
stranger
I'm hoping they've made a few different kiss animations specific for each character that will cycle through at random. I think the new animations are fantastic, but if what they've shown is played every single time, it will break immersion. Plus, it would be disappointing if they spoiled their surprise for us. Considering Halsin's kiss was just updated with patch 5, I hope that means there are indeed multiple animations that will cycle through with each character.

A
old hand
old hand
A
We will find out some day soon, I guess. ^^ Until then, I'll enjoy Gale's little peck with the little breathing noise at the end.

In terms of the Shadowheart animation, I guess I just really liked how they did it in the epilogue with the Selunite Shadowheart. Yeah, I thought that animation was really well done, and I was hoping for a variation on that. Since the template already exists.

There will probably be variations. I hope so at least, considering Halsin got like ... 2 kissing variations? I think?

apprentice
apprentice

Not really liking any of these reveals so far but social medias are going nuts for them. I was looking forward to the Shadowheart ones, but the one they showed looks weird. Hopefully there will be more than just one new kiss (imagine if she does this now when you say "kiss me like you hate me" in Grymforge or every time in camp...)

It kind of fits a trickery domain/misdirection Shadowheart, but both her Selune and Shar romance scenes and epilogues have better already.

We'll find out soon, I suppose.

Last edited by alienspacebats; 14/02/24 08:15 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by WildOrchid

There will probably be variations. I hope so at least, considering Halsin got like ... 2 kissing variations? I think?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying this one fits for a DJ Shadow.. It's ok to be a Selunite and still pull a 'Loviatar' in bed, so to speak. shadowheartsshh

The kiss is nice, I see nothing wrong with that. Well, maybe the armor kissing. She must really like the taste of metal.

I guess for some people Selunite - vanilla bed experience, Shar - the exact opposite. It's pretty funny, not gonna lie shadowheartgiggle

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

I guess for some people Selunite - vanilla bed experience, Shar - the exact opposite. It's pretty funny, not gonna lie shadowheartgiggle

Well, the way they did her epilogue kiss, it wasn’t edgy at all. It was a bit alluring, sweet, and so wholesome. And that’s an indication of what a Selunite kiss might look like. Of course, it’s perfectly fine for you to have your own take on it. But for me personally, I would be upset if the teaser version is the animation that was added for the good path. It does not feel in character. Especially the little jerk to hold the player character still and giving off this vaguely dominating vibe. It reminds me a lot of her Act 3 Dark Justiciar romance scene.

I think you’re right that it’s not dropping today. I’ll have a look again tomorrow.

Well, the way they did her epilogue kiss, it wasn’t edgy at all. It was a bit alluring, sweet, and so wholesome. And that’s an indication of what a Selunite kiss might look like. Of course, it’s perfectly fine for you to have your own take on it. But for me personally, I would be upset if the teaser version is the animation that was added for the good path. It does not feel in character. Especially the little jerk to hold the player character still and giving off this vaguely dominating vibe. It reminds me a lot of her Act 3 Dark Justiciar romance scene.

I think you’re right that it’s not dropping today. I’ll have a look again tomorrow.

So you're fine with the fact that Selunite SH doesn't mind 5some in a brothel, but a bit rougher kiss doesn't fit her? Well, okay then.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Look, I always avoid the brothel. It’s my personal preference. I pretend that it doesn’t exist. (Except for the quest lines there.) I think they just put that in there for shock value and to push Halsin on people anyway. But this isn’t really the thread to discuss my frustration with that scene.

Look, I always avoid the brothel. It’s my personal preference. I pretend that it doesn’t exist. (Except for the quest lines there.) I think they just put that in there for shock value and to push Halsin on people anyway. But this isn’t really the thread to discuss my frustration with that scene.

See, she doesn't want to share Tav before the beach scene. After that, she doesn't care at all and she's willing to go with 4 other people. So no, it's not just some shock value, it's apparently "who she is". And even without Halsin, she's willing to go 4some. SH/Tav + drow twins. Which I already said, it fits DS SH, but not Selunite, imo. And that's not something Larian will ever change, probably.

Last edited by ValkyrieN7; 14/02/24 08:42 PM.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard