Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
addict
addict
I really hope Minthara gets proper love at last.

Originally Posted by Nightingale1
I agree with you about how they handled the promotion of patch 6. Hard to say if it was just a lack of mindfulness if they themselves expected to release it earlier this week and they got delayed with fine tuning issues. Or if they deliberately trolled us with the entire promotion. I have been both very amused and very frustrated by it all. If they do indeed release it tomorrow, and they knew that all along, it would have been kinder to announce that it's coming at the end of this week, instead of sometime during the week of February 12th. But I still love the hell out of them, and I'm very excited for whenever we are generously gifted with patch 6.
I personally suspect they intended to release it on Valentines day and then delayed it to Friday due to probably logistical reasons. I suspect they internally developed Patch 6 as the "Valentines Day update".

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
Originally Posted by Nightingale1
I agree with you about how they handled the promotion of patch 6. Hard to say if it was just a lack of mindfulness if they themselves expected to release it earlier this week and they got delayed with fine tuning issues. Or if they deliberately trolled us with the entire promotion. I have been both very amused and very frustrated by it all. If they do indeed release it tomorrow, and they knew that all along, it would have been kinder to announce that it's coming at the end of this week, instead of sometime during the week of February 12th. But I still love the hell out of them, and I'm very excited for whenever we are generously gifted with patch 6.
I personally suspect they intended to release it on Valentines day and then delayed it to Friday due to probably logistical reasons. I suspect they internally developed Patch 6 as the "Valentines Day update".

I think you're probably right.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Bit wild to say it’s failing its purpose. Honestly, remarks like that make enjoy Larain’s recent tease of gamer “demands.”

apprentice
apprentice
I said a story-based game whose cutscenes aren't presenting properly or even playing in the first place fails to fulfill its purpose. Thanks for skewing it to sound like I'm being entitled, though.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
I personally suspect they intended to release it on Valentines day and then delayed it to Friday due to probably logistical reasons.
nah they're just waiting for all the streamers to get done with tomb raider

Last edited by Tinoo; 16/02/24 10:27 AM.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Reactions to the patch?

Act 3 Lae’zel spoilers

I saw a screenshot where Lae’zel KIDNAPS you to go off to fight Vlaakith, if you let her make her own decision. Even if you’re romancing somebody else. Is this true? If so, it’s pretty hilarious because it’s so in character for her.

Also, I’m pissed that they got rid of Hope’s +4 shield lol.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 16/02/24 08:49 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
So far, I am quite happy. I hadn't expected the brothel situation getting improved for Gale, and the blessing he is now given, when you decide to stay on the "good" path of his quest is an equally unexpected and awesome addition. Up until now the choices you made in Gale's quest felt disconnected from the final battle. If you didn't go the explosive route, your choices only had relevance after the game had ended, now garnering Mystra's favour actually means something.

I am also absolutely in love with the new ending option Avatar Astarion has for romanced Gale.
You can mention your concerns of having to take care of the other spawn to him and he will agree to follow you to the Underdark. At the epilogue party some of the text has been modified to suggest you both are helping to keep the spawn save. It's such a small thing but it has the "when we are together, there is nothing we can't do" energy, that Astarion's spawn romance never quite manages to achieve.
This is such a good improvement.

Edit: Gale smooches are the best smooches and they should have taken Gale's playful kiss for the Valentine's Day promo. It looks most adorable with Avatar Astarion. This is my 100% unbiased opinion.

Last edited by Anska; 16/02/24 09:01 PM.
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska
So far, I am quite happy. I hadn't expected the brothel situation getting improved for Gale, and the blessing he is now given, when you decide to stay on the "good" path of his quest is an equally unexpected and awesome addition. Up until now the choices you made in Gale's quest felt disconnected from the final battle. If you didn't go the explosive route, your choices only had relevance after the game had ended, now garnering Mystra's favour actually means something.

I am also absolutely in love with the new ending option Avatar Astarion has for romanced Gale.
You can mention your concerns of having to take care of the other spawn to him and he will agree to follow you to the Underdark. At the epilogue party some of the text has been modified to suggest you both are helping to keep the spawn save. It's such a small thing but it has the "when we are together, there is nothing we can't do" energy, that Astarion's spawn romance never quite manages to achieve.
This is such a good improvement.

Edit: Gale smooches are the best smooches and they should have taken Gale's playful kiss for the Valentine's Day promo. It looks most adorable with Avatar Astarion. This is my 100% unbiased opinion.

Glad you’re pleased with the patch! I am too, of course. Hard not to be with all of the lovely new additions and fixes.

As has probably been apparent on these boards, Shadowheart is my favorite character, and I really liked some of the additions for her, even though I haven’t seen all of them with my own eyeballs yet. I really like that she’ll have something to say when you sit on that stool in camp, and that she’ll have more banter-type lines in Act 2.

Her new smooches are pretty nice on the Selunite path, can’t complain, but I still like the epilogue one the best. Can’t beat that one really. The animations for the newest additions are maybe a little awkward, as were the animations for the post-finale scene. But they are still cute and an improvement. smile

Btw on the Selunite path, they did actually use the kiss animation where Shadowheart walks around behind you and kisses your shoulders, but it’s a sweeter and less rough version. So the one they advertised was definitely the Dark Justiciar version. (I would’ve preferred that they used sweeter versions as the teasers, too, but I suppose the rough stuff is flashier and more provocative?)

And I’m sure that her post-Act 3-quest scene is massively improved, although I haven’t seen it myself quite yet. Based on the patch notes, it sounds much better since they will be incorporating a hug. I was a little sorry to see that they haven’t added at-will hugs yet, since they have the hug animation well put together already in the epilogue.

However I think I’ll wait on starting a new playthrough until they completely debug her. There are a couple of other bugs, like as I’ve said like a broken record, the Grymforge kiss being broken, and as far as I know, the Mother Superior cutscene may well still be broken.

I really like that they’re adding more options for the endings. It’s getting closer to making good on the infamous claim that there are 17,000 different endings lol.

apprentice
apprentice
Got done reading the patch notes, and I'm overall very pleased with the changes! I hope it's a sign of even better things to eventually come.

(That being said, I saw nothing about Astarion getting an extra idle animation at camp, which makes Shart and Lae'zel getting even more a bit egregious, considering poor Astarion literally has only one. So much potential to show off his personality, but he is cursed to indefinitely read a book while standing. On the other hand, it looks like Halsin now also has only one (which is better than none!) but at least they can form a support group for it, lol. It's... cool that Minthara got a shitton versus other characters for whatever reason, but it all seems weirdly out of balance. It'd be cooler if everyone had an even number of idles, for fairness' sake.)

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
He’s a real bookworm, yeah, I noticed that, haha. I’m grateful that Lae’zel is going to have more animations, so maybe she won’t grind that godforsaken sword for eternity.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Reactions to the patch?

Act 3 Lae’zel spoilers

I saw a screenshot where Lae’zel KIDNAPS you to go off to fight Vlaakith, if you let her make her own decision. Even if you’re romancing somebody else. Is this true? If so, it’s pretty hilarious because it’s so in character for her.

I saw a new Lae'zel dialogue option when she gets mounts the dragon and you can say it's her decision (stay or fight Vlaakith) - aside from that, my non Lae'zel endings played out as usual.

Very pleased with the new Shadowheart kisses, the one we were teased must have been the Sharran variant because the Selunite one is quite lovely. The other new one I like a lot too.

The improved Elfsong scene after defeating the Netherbrain is a nice touch.

Was hoping it was just me, but it seems the Grymforge "kiss me like you hate me" interaction is indeed still AWOL, but I rarely play a Selune Cleric anyway so I won't lose sleep.

Just started a new playthrough and looking forward to hearing Shadowheart's new Act II banter.

apprentice
apprentice
He’s a real bookworm, yeah, I noticed that, haha. I’m grateful that Lae’zel is going to have more animations, so maybe she won’t grind that godforsaken sword for eternity.

I just gave her a glaive because it's badass, it's... kind of sword-y so it still fits her character, and she won't ruin camp cutscenes with the grinding, lol. Definitely looking forward to more variation either way, though!

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by alienspacebats
Reactions to the patch?

Act 3 Lae’zel spoilers

I saw a new Lae'zel dialogue option when she gets mounts the dragon and you can say it's her decision (stay or fight Vlaakith) - aside from that, my non Lae'zel endings played out as usual.

Very pleased with the new Shadowheart kisses, the one we were teased must have been the Sharran variant because the Selunite one is quite lovely. The other new one I like a lot too.

The improved Elfsong scene after defeating the Netherbrain is a nice touch.

Was hoping it was just me, but it seems the Grymforge "kiss me like you hate me" interaction is indeed still AWOL, but I rarely play a Selune Cleric anyway so I won't lose sleep.

Just started a new playthrough and looking forward to hearing Shadowheart's new Act II banter.

Yes, the Selunite path kisses are very cute, I like them a lot. They exceeded my expectations. They may be a teensy bit awkward, but they grow on me more and more… the more that I, er, watch them, hehe. Btw there are four unique kiss animations that I saw. So more than two, for sure. Overall an excellent patch for fans of Shadowheart! The Grymforge kiss issue notwithstanding.

And I watched the scene just after her Act 3 quest concludes and (spoilers of course)

The one after you save her parents is still definitely the better one, imo. You get to hug her, and then her parents sort of float up and do their thing and hug her too, so it’s really nice. I’m grateful that they didn’t do a big group hug, *everybody* together, because that would’ve been so awkward. Durge/Tav gets their nice little moment in before the parents walk up.

The scene after you sacrifice her parents is essentially the same as it was, except there is an embrace popped in there. So the dialogue options didn’t become any more empathetic that I can see. It is a LOT better than it was before. Still, I’ll take the saving her parents scene over that any day of the millennia.

Enjoy your playthrough! I love the resisting Durge converted to a Cleric of Selune angle, if you’re looking for an idea. It was so good. Throw a little bard in there for actual dialogue options, not stuffy cleric ones, and it’s excellent.

So anyone knows what are those new romance lines for Shadowheart in act 2? I'm already reading informations from people that nothing new triggered for them during act 2. No new banter, no new dialogues, nothing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7
So anyone knows what are those new romance lines for Shadowheart in act 2? I'm already reading informations from people that nothing new triggered for them during act 2. No new banter, no new dialogues, nothing.

Yep, I'm just into act 3 on a new save and didn't encounter any new banter at all. I did everything in the shadow-cursed lands, didn't fast travel and had Shadowheart in the party the whole time. I did wonder if it's when playing as another origin character, or if it requires a specific party combination. I don't really want to send in a ticket about it but I haven't seen a single example - the community usually shares and uploads stuff like this fairly quickly.

Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7

Yep, I'm just into act 3 on a new save and didn't encounter any new banter at all. I did everything in the shadow-cursed lands, didn't fast travel and had Shadowheart in the party the whole time. I did wonder if it's when playing as another origin character, or if it requires a specific party combination. I don't really want to send in a ticket about it but I haven't seen a single example - the community usually shares and uploads stuff like this fairly quickly.

It would suck hard if new stuff requires origin character and not Tav. But I'm hoping it's just a bug... on the other hands, new stuff for Shadowheart and it's bugged? Goddamn...

apprentice
apprentice
Typical, right?

I gave in and sent support an email, if only for clarification. One for the missing Grymforge kiss too.

Typical, right?

I gave in and sent support an email, if only for clarification. One for the missing Grymforge kiss too.

I'll do it too if nothing happens for me in act 2. I already sent one report yesterday about the grymforge kiss being broken.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard