Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
stranger
stranger
M
Does anyone have a trick how to bypass the update or play cross platform with patch 5 mac and patch 6 windows? I have planned a lan-weekend with friends to play BG3 next weekend, but unfortunately updates for Windows seem to spoil the fun like it did for lot's of days (normally we play om sunday-evenings but half of the time we cannot due to patch-differences. ) :-(

Come on, give cross-platform players the chance to delay an update until it is available for all platforms. Anyone knows how to bypass the issue by modiffying the version in the info.plist or something like that. Worked with the first update.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So, I love the improvements with Patch 6 for Baldur's Gate 3. I love the game even more now than ever before.

I am doing a new playthrough by letting Shadowheart die, and the artefact is coming to me. However, I noticed Shadowheart did not die on the Nautiloid as I found her alive (knocked out) on the beach. I don't know if that is a glitch or a bug, and I saw nothing in the forum. I went through the patch notes and saw nothing about it.

I continue to have fun playing the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ADT4079
I don't know if that is a glitch or a bug.
its by design

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Thank you for the new kisses and bug fixes!

Some things just can't seem to go away though.
New patch, new Minthara bugs <3

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Okay, thank you for saying this. I thought I was crazy.

journeyman
journeyman
Has something changed with the Illithid Power Cull the Weak? The log shows enemies taking extra damage due to Cull the Weak every time I hit them instead of killing them when brought down below the HP threshold for it to kill them.

stranger
stranger
No updates for me yet (PS5). Is it delayed for PS5 (disc)?

R
stranger
stranger
R
What in Patch 6 makes the Game constantly crash on Steam Deck? I have no mods Running and everything is up to date. Today it crashed 3 times an shut down the Deck during combats. Twice during the smaller Gnoll confrontation and now again during the underdark Duergar Ambush.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Have they patched the deva mace as it's not in the pouch on multiple attempts

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Stealth mode is broken! I can't sneak with a single character. It always switches everyone into stealth mode even when I don't assign the stealth character to the group!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Gale not talking with laezel (banter) . She talks but he’s not voiced?

Fuck this patch, can't fucking load game, always crashed at 100%. Has to roll back.

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
I'm just immediately gonna say it here; BRING BACK THE SLIDER VALUES, PLEASE! Why were they even removed in the first place?

*Before and after Content Update #6*
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Due to game's lighting all of my character use specific values, and because they're now gone it's now impossible to precisely get the values one wants. Whoever decided to remove values from the UI... MASSIVE MISTAKE! Bring them back.

And also add slider values to the video settings too, including Gamma.

Came here to say the same thing. Larian please bring back these number values to slider settings, they were absolutely crucial for character creation. I am astounded that they were removed at all.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The game has become unplayable with Patch 6. I hope Larian releases a hotfix soon, or at least a way to go back to pre Patch 6. After installing the patch, I experienced the following problems among some other minor issues not worth mentioning. (I play on PS5, no mods):

- It takes 20-50 seconds for merchants to load their inventory. When ending the conversation with a merchant there is often a "freeze" for 10-30 seconds, during this time, the merchant's animation moves but nothing else happens.
- Fights have become intolerable laggy, especially if enemies are in another room or on another level than the party. I had two fights after installing the patch: First one during the Free the Artist quest in Act. 3 when you have to fight the Poltergeist and Tormented Soul enemies at Lady Jannath's Estate, it took each enemy between 20-60 seconds to make their turn during the fight. Second one was the final fight at the end of the Investigate the Suspicious Toys Quest when you have to kill all Banites at Felogyr’s Fireworks, it also took the enemies at least 20-60 seconds to make their turn during the fight.
- During the second fight I mentioned above (kill all Banites at Felogyr’s Fireworks) the game crashed three times in a row, so I cannot end the quest. This may be because you also have to kill the secretary during the fight, who is also a merchant, albeit with a very small inventory.

As I play on PS5 without mods I don't think these are problems that only I have. My overall impression is that Patch 6 should not have been released in the current version. I'm going to put the game aside for now until the bugs are fixed.

Last edited by Loekonaut; 20/02/24 10:18 AM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello!

I've passed on the issues reported here and on the Technical & Gameplay Problems section to the team! Please make sure to report them directly to our support team when you experience them as well, preferably with a screenshot or a save file. Thank you all for the reports!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi all,

I posted this in the technical forum too but posted here too for greater visibility, hope that’s OK.

My Act 1 save is in camp right next to the bedrolls just before initiating a long rest. Prior to the patch, every time I rested, it would initiate Karlach coming on to me with the 'ride you till you see stars' cutscene. Because I wanted to try this scene in a few ways, I've reloaded and initiated the rest multiple times; every time, the Karlach scene would play out.

However as soon as I installed patch 6, when I rest, the scene no longer plays and a different non-romance scene occurs. I've tried resting multiple times after this to see if Karlach's scene was next in the queue, but it doesn't appear. No matter how many times I reload the save and rest, the Karlach scene just doesn't happen any more.

Any idea what's going on here? Has the approval threshold for the romance changed? Is this a bug? Has anyone else got that Karlach scene to play after patch 6? Nothing in my game is different, it’s literally load the save and long- rest.

Thanks.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Whoever/Whenever the trading window was updated has all my love. Finally shopping is fun and easy. Love the item type toggle and love you can see all characters and their weight allowance. Massive thanks.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Crossplay should be a priority for Larian Studios and not small details like these animations.

I play on Xbox SX and would really like to play with my friends on PS5 and PC, but they are waiting for crossplay so they can buy the game.

Many also want crossplay in the game.

This would result in a huge increase in sales of the game and obviously the Baldur's Gate 3 community.

I'm hoping Larian Studios wakes up to life.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian.

old hand
old hand
For my part, I love the animations, or at least Shadowheart’s Selunite animations, and I’m really happy that they’re in the game. I agree though that crossplay should be a priority too. smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
For my part, I love the animations, or at least Shadowheart’s Selunite animations, and I’m really happy that they’re in the game. I agree though that crossplay should be a priority too. smile
Yeah, anyone complaining about the animations is just being a negative nancy.
The stuff Larian continues to add to this game is really cool to see and adds a lot (personally I'm hoping for an alternate scene when you meet Jaheira for the first time if you're wearing the Disintegrating Night Walkers boots or have some other means of entangled prevention active, as that seems like the kind of thing this game likes to react to and would be a fun one), love this game, and mad respect to the continued support it's receiving!

Bug complaints are fair game though imo lol.
Hopefully this latest hotfix has fixed the big ones, downloading the game again now myself with my fingers crossed!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard