Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Despite Patch 5 it seems for quite a few of us can't get Minthara at Moonrise despite knocking her unconscious in Act 1 instead of killing her.
Which is a shame, I was really looking forward to having her in this playthrough and there was no way of me knowing it was bugged until hours of gameplay later.
I hope this can be fixed, and I'll just be taking a break until it is, because it's really demoralizing to have to go back so far just to hope this encounter doesn't get bugged again. It'd be different if the content was close in nature but that's such a long ways back...

C
stranger
stranger
C
It seems this patch brought all kinds of bugs regarding Minthara. Maybe she wasn't temporarily hostile in your case. Some people playing honour mode can't even progress to act 2 because of the long rest crash after knocking Minthara out. Hope it gets fixed soon as there's been two hotfixes after the patch and neither have addressed the issue.

J
J
I am quite distrusting after 5 patches and lot of hot fixes. I did my typical order, meaning Minthara first, making her temporarly hostile and knocking her out. Killing all others goblins and needing a long rest. It was a great idea checking on her again before going to Halsin, because she was just standing there, had to knock her out again.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm glad I ran across this thread, as the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. The patch notes specifically said that Minthara would appear at Moonrise Towers if you knocked her out, without including any details about "temporary hostility" or goading her into fighting via stealing or random aggression on the players part. This leads me to believe that this was caused by either a bug or an accidental oversight on Larian's end, as I feel like they would've mentioned such key details in the patch notes if all this was an intended feature. On top of that, I've heard about game crashes & other bugs caused by trying to recruit Minthara using these methods. Like you, I'm not touching BG3 until this bug is fixed, so hopefully Larian will release a patch/hotfix very soon that addresses this issue.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jones76
I am quite distrusting after 5 patches and lot of hot fixes. I did my typical order, meaning Minthara first, making her temporarly hostile and knocking her out. Killing all others goblins and needing a long rest. It was a great idea checking on her again before going to Halsin, because she was just standing there, had to knock her out again.
After a long rest she should be standing there. That's what happens to characters that have been knocked out is that they are healed after a long rest. So that's very normal. For me, it worked but I did kill Priestess Gut, knocked out Minthara, killed the other goblin boss and saved Halsin, and went back to the druid grove and all before taking a long rest and having that party. But after the long rest she should be standing up.

Oh I did press "take all" when I looted her, so she was naked when she appeared at Moonrise Towers lol.

Last edited by Eyes Of Gehenna; 18/12/23 12:17 PM.

I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?'
C
stranger
stranger
C
I've been burned by this too on my Honour run. I knocked her out but she must have been fully hostile, not temporarily hostile, as she wasn't in Moonrise.

Would've been nice if they'd specified that in the patch notes...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jones76
I am quite distrusting after 5 patches and lot of hot fixes.

In many cases, patches and fixes did not fix what they claimed to fix, and even added new problems. So being distrusting is quite fair. Minthara's case is probably the worst, too.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Just tested after latest hotfix and she's still not there frown

Last edited by Carbin Monoxide; 21/12/23 03:33 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Just regular PSA: Still not working.

Minthara is recruit-able only if you exploit the mechanics to turn her temporarily hostile. Any other option = death. Reported few days after patch with save files and videos to support as well. So far no change. Will keep testing an updating after every patch (or every few, if i find time or not forget), as my play-through is on hold and got save files prior to KOing her and right before moonrise.

B
old hand
old hand
B
This loop jumping to allow having a mass murderess in a "good" party is stupid.
Larian should had ignored the whinning of
"I wanna hawt! dominatrix in my party without killing the cute leedle Tieflings!!!!!11 Imma hold my breath until I turn blue! Whaaaagh!"

old hand
old hand
Well, it doesn’t matter regardless, because she’s broken for everyone. So neither the evil nor good path is going to be enjoying her.

R
stranger
stranger
R
She aint an evil option. She a chaotic one. Evil (lawful) alignment would kill her right away, good (lawful) would jail her, only chaotic keeps her alive for different reasons. And you do not have to murder anyone with the KO (if it worked)

stranger
stranger
ive had this happen to me on PS5 knocked her out in ACT 1 get to Moonrise and she was nowhere to be found

R
stranger
stranger
R
Seems to be finally fixed. But you have to reload the save before you engage Minthara and knock her out (re-do the encounter). If you simply load a save where she was knocked out before, it is not working.

Link Copied to Clipboard