Page 91 of 93 1 2 89 90 91 92 93
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Originally Posted by Chiquidmaster
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Okay, I took the plunge and forged through to the epilogue on my Halsin-mancer, and... it's glorious. Glorious! I'll accept the forced separation in the pre-epilogue, now that I have this wonderful ending with him.

Despite the epilogue, I still see flaws in Halsin's romance:

1- And the most important: it still does not give the player the option of cop duty without a prior clue. When it's a romance that starts at the end and you've blocked the rest... It honestly sucks.

2- The player still has no possible reactivity to Halsin's words. If I am the only thing for you, let me choose that you are the only thing for me, what less, right?

3-Lack of bestial content in the 3rd act. It has practically nothing. I love Halsin that's why I'm in this thread, but with the lack of content he has I understand what they say that in the third act he's just making nice at camp.

I add: the epilogue is beautiful

I agree with all your points that the romance is still very flawed and lacks content, but I think fixing the ending is all we are gonna get. Sounds like his VA is done so even if we get a DE later on his story will be the same.

That being said, theres tons of room for headcannon and fanfiction, and having this ending really helps with that. Knowing that our Tavs and Durges do have the option for a future of at least some kind with Halsin; and that was I think everyones biggest issue here. I have a few scenes cooking in my head based on my Ranger Tav that Im seriously considering writing down and maybe posting somewhere as I do a full Halsin solomance playthrough. (My laptop screen broke though, so idk how long that will be ;-;)

If this is as good as its ever gonna get with Halsin, then Im content. Maybe not fullfilled, but content. Its good enough.

Lets hope for any future games the writers can take everything theyve learned foeward and improve.

I do trust that for the definitive edition there will be more content in act three for their romance, we must take into account that very few players have reached the end today (18% according to Steam have the achievement), and it is in this act where things decline and the seams of the game come apart. I think that Halsin's problems come from this, that all of his romance and most of his possible content as an ally is in the third act, and when they solve it there will also be solutions for him (to see his problems you just have to observe that He is the only character that if Orín kidnaps it doesn't imply anything, just get on with your life). I don't know how long it will take to implement everything, in my opinion it shouldn't take too long because of what has been said: the more players who play the game, the more seams will be seen, and Baldur's Gate has the potential to become a goose that lays the golden eggs for Larian and wizards, I doubt they want to pass up the opportunity (you already know expansions, dlc, t-shirts, figures....)

I think it's time to kind of wake up from a slumber - Halsin's click lines are fixed and they added idle animation of him whittling. Some good news at last.

We know this, such a thread does not need to be revived...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Noelle666
I think it's time to kind of wake up from a slumber - Halsin's click lines are fixed and they added idle animation of him whittling. Some good news at last.

Are you on PC or console? I'm on PS5, and I initially updated to patch 6 and opened my Act III save, and after observing camp, I never saw Halsin's whittle animation. So I'm completely reinstalling BG3 and starting a new game. Hoping that will make everything work properly.

old hand
old hand
Huzzah! Good news indeed.

veteran
veteran
Great!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate

Now if only they would add the option to recruit him as a playable companion in Act 1 and add a path if you only romance him!

Originally Posted by Nightingale1

Are you on PC or console? I'm on PS5, and I initially updated to patch 6 and opened my Act III save, and after observing camp, I never saw Halsin's whittle animation. So I'm completely reinstalling BG3 and starting a new game. Hoping that will make everything work properly.
On PC. Whittle animation, new kisses, new dialogue options in the scene before epilogue - all at their places.
What I don't really like is the whole new animations in this last scene: it looks unnartural, plus Halsin moves not like Halsin at all, like somebody else. I understand they may have captured this scene with other actors but still it felt alien.
Also, I'm not sure about "platonic" option, I don't really know where it appears.
Plus, it seems devs removed that one kiss animation from epilogue and changed it to the new ones (I still need to check it to be sure and kiss Halsin several times, but it feels like it feels. Weird, the original animation is very beautiful).
And again, I still don't really like the dialogue option allowing Tav to stay with Halsin.

Last edited by Noelle666; 16/02/24 07:22 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Seems like they finally added "don't be an ass, I ll move with you right now" line to his ending dialogue, huh.

E
E
What I don't really like is the whole new animations in this last scene: it looks unnartural, plus Halsn moves not like Halsin at all, like somebody else. I understand they may have captured this scene with other actors but still it felt alien.

Yes it did look weird. Didn't fit his character or even his large frame. Arms clipping through themselves etc. It's the exact same scene as with Astarion (haven't check the others yet), and to be fair it looked off with him too. But nonetheless, I feel like it's better than what we had before.

Originally Posted by Netav
Seems like they finally added "don't be an ass, I ll move with you right now" line to his ending dialogue, huh.
Yes, they added this line. Well, at least we know for sure Halsin and Tav remained together... after such clumsy dialogue.

N
addict
addict
N
Yes, they added this line. Well, at least we know for sure Halsin and Tav remained together... after such clumsy dialogue.
I watched the video and ngl it looks a bit wonky on Halsin(animations I mean). Clearly it was mocapped on normal sized companions, but Halsin is a big lad.

A
A
The whittling is awesome. Click lines? Finally! The "ass" line, not so much. If it is supposed to be humorous, it's not. I agree that the his movement feels wrong.

But the Halsin haters should be happy with the new platonic options, assuming they work correctly.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Asri
The whittling is awesome. Click lines? Finally! The "ass" line, not so much. If it is supposed to be humorous, it's not. I agree that the his movement feels wrong.

But the Halsin haters should be happy with the new platonic options, assuming they work correctly.
I checked and his interactions regarding SH are still in(also they haven't fixed her hair changing mid scene for her romance). But platonic option sounds amazing.

And to the bad news.
Remember dataminers found an ultimatum dialogue between Minthara and Halsin? It is now voiced and I assume it may be added with the next patch.
Post on Tumblr

N
addict
addict
N
And to the bad news.
Remember dataminers found an ultimatum dialogue between Minthara and Halsin? It is now voiced and I assume it may be added with the next patch.
Post on Tumblr
I mean, its supposed to trigger only if you let Kagha to complete her ritual. I guess Halsin would tolerate her if that doesn't happen, no?
Either way I would prefer for them to just fix questionable interactions that are in the game.

I mean, its supposed to trigger only if you let Kagha to complete her ritual. I guess Halsin would tolerate her if that doesn't happen, no?
Either way I would prefer for them to just fix questionable interactions that are in the game.
Hm, I'm no sure, I've never heard you need this particular condition for this ultimatum. I knew that can happen only if you left Minthara alive, and that's it.

Well, about the epilogue kiss - yes, they removed it and changed to a "bear hug", the worst one, imo. Very very sad, I likes the original one with forehead touch (yes, it was almost the same we have prior to the last battle but the mood is different, it is brighter), very beautiful. Instead of spending time and resourses on Halsin's story they decided to do this... I think it's time for another round of feedbacks. I don't know how to make Larian listen. It's getting even more messed up.

A
A
I'm not getting click lines or the whittling; I do get the new kisses. Perhaps a new save is required?

At this point, Larian has alleviated pain points. They aren't exactly what I wanted, but I am glad they have been addressed. Much as I love this character, I think there are other priorities I think need to be addresseed. Wyll, for example.

How does one get Halsin yet the ritual completes? Do you have to start a fight between the druids and tieflings?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Asri
How does one get Halsin yet the ritual completes? Do you have to start a fight between the druids and tieflings?
I am not sure, but afaik it was the requrement for this "ultimatum", ritual of thorns has to be completed. I think teethling have to die for that anyway so.

F
F
I watched the video and ngl it looks a bit wonky on Halsin(animations I mean). Clearly it was mocapped on normal sized companions, but Halsin is a big lad.

It is wonky and it doesn't fit his character, but at this point we should be happy to get any additional content, even if it's not really his movement. One could argue it's done cheap, but there are far worse things Larian still need to improve, like Noelle said.

Again they changed the ending (which already has been good after patch 5) instead of working on the more active parts (which is act 3 and the start and middle of his romance and his whole characterization in act 3).
It's somewhat unacceptable that neither Halsin nor Minthara have their own romance story. I don't even want a full storyline but at least a bit of it, just anything. They lack so much compared to the Origin characters.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I haven't even gotten a chance to play with the old new stuff now theyre doing new new stuff? Why? Everyone seemed content with most of the updates from last time. The only things they needed to change were in game stuff that have yet to be addressed. I knew they updated all the kisses but thats all I knew.

Do I not get the cute little forehead scene at the after party anymore? ;-; Ive only seen it on insta so far as Ive been trying to avoid stuff since I havent fully played through the romance yet, and was really looking forward to it.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 17/02/24 09:29 PM.
Page 91 of 93 1 2 89 90 91 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard