journeyman
journeyman
K
So, things have died down, it seems?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
well my account got banned for a few weeks so i havent been able to post. for me i think we wait for dlc/de, i think larian adds it there when they expand on content. i cant see them leaving karlach as is.

apprentice
apprentice
Not a lot left to be said, yeah... I did find some news about the upcoming Patch 6, but I don't know how accurate it is, and I'm burnt out on hyping over this game...

Justice for Karlach
old hand
old hand
Oh patch 6 is 100% coming down the pipe. But I kinda doubt that it’ll have anything for Karlach.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, agreed, somehow get the feeling that finalising her quest line is dependent on a lot more content on the side.

Justice for Karlach
Originally Posted by Kneecap
So, things have died down, it seems?

I still lurk from time to time to check if there's any news. The site makes it hard to log in though with all these getaway errors. eek

B
old hand
old hand
B
I always address Karlach as "Miss". She bigger than me! She scary like a Gnoll!

Last edited by Buba68; 05/02/24 07:48 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
"Soldier" is the proper way

apprentice
apprentice
We're just waiting.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Well holy 9 hells, after i think a straight month of *bad gateways* I finally return! Just been wanting to jump in to keep the thread going, i know its getting harder to be positive or hopeful for a fix in game after so long. But i do just wanna throw it out there
Theres still a chance if they do a definative edition they will add a few new things. Upper city maybe? And even if that doesnt happen. There does seem to be real potential of an avernus DLC revolving around Ceryic after the epilogue in patch5. Just posting to keep things positive and that Larian is checking into these threads!

Other then that hope everyone has a great weekend...and ill be back next month after the purgatory that is this forums *badgateway*

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Yea basically a waiting game with larian. Maybe something in patch 6 gives hope for a trip to the forge but I'm not hoping for an actual quest for karlach this patch. I'll just keep posting here and keep things positive I guess. Maybe larian still checks every now and then

G
stranger
stranger
G
I figured I'd post to keep the thread alive. Normally I just check the site and see if there's any news. If you're reading this Larian, I put my playthrough with Karlach on hold simply because of the ending. I'm still holding out hope there will be a happy ending at some point.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Gunnar_1986
I figured I'd post to keep the thread alive. Normally I just check the site and see if there's any news. If you're reading this Larian, I put my playthrough with Karlach on hold simply because of the ending. I'm still holding out hope there will be a happy ending at some point.

I do believe the fact that people, me included, are refusing to finish the game because of a character's ending should be of concern for Larian. Hopefully they agree.

Edit. I gotta love these forums, had to clean up like 10 copies of this same message due to a gateway error <3

Last edited by Kneecap; 16/02/24 07:22 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Does anyone know if the new patch added anything for karlach?

old hand
old hand
Yeah, some kiss animations that are pretty nice, more camp idle animations I think, and as avatar Karlach you can ask Gale to cure you in a specific ending. But I’m guessing his response would be no?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Yeah, some kiss animations that are pretty nice, more camp idle animations I think, and as avatar Karlach you can ask Gale to cure you in a specific ending. But I’m guessing his response would be no?
My buddy was saying that but I thought he was talking about the one where God gale tells karlach she'd have to worship him as a God and he might be able to cure it in a few years. Karlach understandably wasn't too keen on that idea and that's pretty much where it ends.
On an unrelated note fuck gale.

If that's true I really hope they make that an option in all characters so I can do durge runs

Last edited by mattmcrich; 17/02/24 03:48 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
My buddy was saying that but I thought he was talking about the one where God gale tells karlach she'd have to worship him as a God and he might be able to cure it in a few years. Karlach understandably wasn't too keen on that idea and that's pretty much where it ends.
On an unrelated note fuck gale.

If that's true I really hope they make that an option in all characters so I can do durge runs

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't this from way back when the not yet released epilogues were datamined? I could be wrong tho, but this somehow reminded me that I already read this somewhere.

Also, Godhood Gale is super arrogant (as we can see in his ending) and I doubt he will just freely grant a wish like that without getting something equal in value in return

Last edited by Drakaah; 17/02/24 05:15 PM.
I'm assuming it's frowned upon for a god to help a mortal directly or in any other means as it would anger Ao. Then again we have Mystra doing all kinds of deus ex machinery on Gale which is ridiculous, imo.

Literally he can be human again if he turns mindflayer, in one of his endings as per the new patch notes. And somehow it's impossible for Karlach to get a cure.... even if she did find a place to fix her heart according to epilogues. It's just a bit crazy how Gale can get cured in various ways because he 'banged' a goddess.

Which is why i'm hoping for a dlc or a special mission of some sorts for Karlach so we can be the ones to help her instead of it being an event that happens w/o us participating in it. I'd sell my soul to see Karlach's happy face after her heart fix. frown

A
old hand
old hand
A
She transforms him back into a human before taking him to Elysium, which means he is a dead human and not a dead mind flayer but still very much not part of this world anymore. A few lines further up or down it states that Elysium-Gale attends the party as a wisp now. And yes Ao doesn't allow to meddle with things directly - might also be related to him being a baby god - so he can only help within his boundaries.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
So.... gods can't meddle in mortal affairs but mystra can just snap her fingers and change gales whole body on a whim?
Just seems like I'm more justified to hate gale for not helping now tbh. I didn't know mystra was so heavy handed like that.

Page 151 of 156 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard