Yes, the ultimatum, assuming it's implemented, has a VERY specific trigger (and this, btw, is how you let the Rite of Thorns complete without harming any Druids or Tieflings). The trigger is: "Visit the Grove in Act 1. Then visit the Goblin Camp and tell Minthara you will help her raid the Grove.Without long resting, go to the Grove and move the idol of Sylvanas, setting off the Druid/Teifling conflict. Flee from the fight. Then go back to the goblin cmap and free Halsin, tell him the grove has been sealed so he joins your camp. Go to Act 2 and visit Moonrise Towers. Save Minthara and tell her to join your camp. Go to long rest and get the CRD." (Typos and misspellings not mine, this is literally copy/pasted from the datamined files.)

This is such an extreme edge case that you would have to be TRYING to trigger the ultimatum. Especially with the "without long resting" condition. 99% of players will never encounter this, and the remaining 1% are going to be those of us who want to see how it plays out.

RE: the ending between the brain and the epilogue- I noticed the animations were the same for all the characters (lying on their side in bed with the player, then standing, even doing the same motion with their shoulders), which would be why it looks so strange and un-Halsin like. I appreciated the change to make the staging more intimate, but honestly, I think just letting them lie in bed might have worked better.

I am now curious about Halsin's new Speak With Dead dialogue in act 3 if he dies to Orin, because whoo boy are there some heartbreaking responses he gives. frown