Next Thread
Print Thread
#936545 20/02/24 05:11 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I play on Xbox SX and would really like to play with my friends on PS5 and PC, but they are waiting for crossplay so they can buy the game.

Many also want crossplay in the game.

This would result in a huge increase in sales of the game and obviously the Baldur's Gate 3 community.

I'm hoping Larian Studios wakes up to life.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian.

Triforce #946775 10/08/24 12:47 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I echo Triforces sentiment.
I have recently started a D&D campaign with people new to this world and they all have different platforms they play games on. Now they have got in to Baldurs Gate but no way to play with eachother without cross play.

It's a deeply saddening conundrum and I can respect the difficulties and challenges Larian faces in supporting this.

But it has been mentioned a few times towards the end of last year as something being planned.

And since it's been quietly forgotten. Wed love to see a roadmap or something sorts at least. Just a statement that this is still coming in some capacity please.

I would love to play with all of my new friends and old friends I've got in to D&D with across multiple platforms. And again with people who haven't bought the game yet because they are waiting for cross platform that has been promised.

Thank you and again I empathise with the Dev team, however something still needs to be said and feels like priorities need to be set straight.

Thank you

Triforce #947523 18/08/24 01:14 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'd like to chime in as well and just say that I really hope that crossplay is still in the cards. I've literally bought 2 Xbox series S for my Pops and Brother-in-law simply because I want them to play BG3. I've really been holding out on buying myself a console, as I really can't justify it considering the PC I have, and my wife and I both play on PC. I'd really just love to be able to play with my wife, Pops, and BiL together in a campaign. I've been waiting so long for that.

Should I just give up the thought that it's still coming? I know Larian has mentioned it in passing it seems, but it really doesn't seem like it's something still in the works. I hope I'm wrong.

Krump #947539 18/08/24 06:38 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Same here, still waiting.

Triforce #947698 21/08/24 03:12 PM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The following is a quote from the last community update:

Patch 7 won’t be the final update for Baldur’s Gate 3. We still have a few things up our sleeve - including many community-requested features like crossplay and a photo mode

So, while crossplay won’t be coming with patch 7, it’s absolutely still on the cards. The full update can be found here:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=945130#Post945130

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
on the up side patch 7 changed the scipt to say how many save files Larian failed to sync so that's something

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard