Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
EDIT 23/02/2024: Hotfix 19 is now live for PS5 and Xbox as well!

Hello everyone,

Hotfix #19 has now begun rolling out to PC, with consoles to follow!

This hotfix aims to resolve some further bugs, glitches, and crashes. We are also actively working on further fixes that cover several community-submitted issues with Patch 6, and really appreciate your patience as we prepare to deliver this.

We want to continue making sure you’re getting the best possible experience, which is why we frequently patch the game, although this does inevitably mean that each new patch or hotfix has the potential to become incompatible with your favourite mods.

If you’re experiencing issues after installing the latest update, please check whether the issue persists with your mods uninstalled. If you continue to experience issues after uninstalling mods, please reach out to our support team with your report.

We’re still working on bringing Patch 6 to Mac players, and will update you all when we’re closer to release.

Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES
  • Fixed some conditions on items in Tactician Mode not getting removed when changing to an easier difficulty.
  • Fixed user/controller assignments on Xbox being wrong in some cases.
  • Fixed multiplayer invites on Xbox not being correctly handled in some cases.
  • Fixed some lines that were getting cut off in the dialogue with the Flaming Fists trying to force their way into Waukeen's Rest and in the dialogue with the talking door in Auntie Ethel's lair.
  • Fixed a possible softlock when the Reaction UI is triggered while in the Multiplayer UI.
  • Fixed a performance issue when initiating a trade on Honour Mode.
  • Fixed a crash on Minthara's turn in combat in the Emerald Grove.
  • Brought back the numbers on the sliders in Character Creation due to popular demand.
  • Fixed a bug causing Group Hide to also affect ungrouped party members.
  • Fixed a crash when loading modded savegames that reference unknown conditions.
  • Fixed a crash on selecting a spell with Metamagic active while also having a filter enabled in the hotbar.
  • Fixed a hotbar bug when selecting multiple targets for Eldritch Blast.
  • Fixed a hotbar bug when toggling off Metamagic while casting a spell.
  • Fixed the misalignment of bonuses on Active Rolls on controller. (We had to do the right thing to fix this left issue.)
  • Fixed a couple of kisses with Minthara and Lae'zel that weren't aligning properly.

Last edited by Salo; 23/02/24 02:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
approvegauntlet

Thank you for bringing back the slider values, much appreciated.

Thanks for the update, Salo. Does this update fix the Minthara bug where she starts randomly talking about the Emperor plot? We're putting off our multiplayer run until this gets fixed.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by rendemption
Thanks for the update, Salo. Does this update fix the Minthara bug where she starts randomly talking about the Emperor plot? We're putting off our multiplayer run until this gets fixed.
Not on this one but the team is working on this issue to get it sorted as soon as possible!

veteran
veteran
A bold maneuver! I love that plan hehe

Thanks for the heads up! And sliders back as well! I slid right into the new one without even missing a beat really. I love when this happens. Just in time for the weekend too!!! That was clutch

Thanks so much!

old hand
old hand
This hasn’t fixed the broken kiss animation for a Cleric of Selune’s special interaction with Shadowheart at Grymforge, but I assume you folks are working on it. The team is aware of this issue as well, I hope? Thank you for all of your hard work! smile

I can confirm from one of my save files that Lae’zel’s kisses are now more properly aligned.

Originally Posted by Salo
Not on this one but the team is working on this issue to get it sorted as soon as possible!
That's a relief to hear, and we will wait patiently. I hope the Dark Urge bug with her dialogue tree also gets fixed. Godspeed smile

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
One patch backwards and two hotfixes forward.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Any update on the team working on the shift/ctrl click issues in the new trading windows? Still persistent, and probably the most annoying problem since patch 6 came out in my opinion.

Last edited by Katorskay; 22/02/24 10:54 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Thank you for this speedy hotfix and for bringing slider values back, looking forward to see MInthara fixed hopefully it isn't a cochroach type of bug, all of this is much appreciated.

Last edited by Xenonian; 23/02/24 01:35 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Salo
Originally Posted by rendemption

First of all, thank you kindly for bringing back the slider values, as I had made good use of them before.

I am very happy to hear the team is aware of Minthara’s bugged dialogue - here’s hoping it will be addressed in Hotfix #20!

apprentice
apprentice
When I try either to lock pick the locked trunk just off ravaged beach or pull Gale out of the stone I crash to desktop

May the Force be with you
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
UPDATE: Hotfix 19 is now live for PS5 (since last night) and Xbox as well!

I'll continue to pass on your reports here but please make sure to direct them to our support team too!

Last edited by Salo; 23/02/24 02:53 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I directed my reports to the support team even before Patch 6 was released, months ago if we're talking about older bugs, but the problems with Minthara still persisted so here I am. She remains as the buggiest companion in the game btw, Emperor bug spoiled my two friends playing for the first time but thankfully they knew most of the story already. I'm sure the team is already working on it but I have to wonder why Minthara gets a new problem after every patch. We even made a buglist for her lol

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Was able to play some last night. Some of the bugs seem to be fixed but still running across problems - random combat being triggered with NPCs where it's not supposed to, dialogue options not triggering. Very frustrating. At this point I'm looking into rolling back to Patch 5/Hotfix 17. I don't really NEED new kissing animations - and really wasn't all that bothered by having to talk to both party members back at camp to switch them out. What I need is a game that actually WORKS - which it pretty much did really well - before Patch 6 came out and busted everything. Did Larian not playtest this before release? Even a couple hours of playtesting would have revealed these issues. And don't get me started on the decision to make surfaces trigger friendly NPCs to attack the party... Interesting idea - would be nice to see that maybe in Tactician or Honour Mode - but not really appropriate in Balanced mode. Highly obnoxious. I hope Larian is more CAREFUL with its massive changes in the future. In the meantime - if I can make the rollback to the previous version happen - I won't be going NEAR Patch 6 anytime soon. Gah!

T
stranger
stranger
T
It's the team aware of the issue with progressing Halsin's and Zevlor's quest at the "Defeat the Goblin leaders" step?
It seems that knocking out Minthara instead of killing her make progress impossible in either of these quests.
I submited a bug report, but I'm not sure if it is in the team's radar. I was hoping not to have to reload and lose 4 hours of playtime.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Trava
It's the team aware of the issue with progressing Halsin's and Zevlor's quest at the "Defeat the Goblin leaders" step?
It seems that knocking out Minthara instead of killing her make progress impossible in either of these quests.
I submited a bug report, but I'm not sure if it is in the team's radar. I was hoping not to have to reload and lose 4 hours of playtime.

There’s a temporary workaround on this thread:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=936091#Post936091

I think you have to knock out Minthara (and have killed or immediately thereafter killed the other leaders) and go back to Halsin without long resting. Long resting between knocking out Minthara and going back to Halsin seems to be the issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard