Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49
A
old hand
old hand
A
With Gale you can now tell the twins that you are not interested, if it makes Gale uncomfortable, all the player text has been changed and the persuasion has been taken out.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Anska
With Gale you can now tell the twins that you are not interested, if it makes Gale uncomfortable, all the player text has been changed and the persuasion has been taken out.
So the option to have an orgy with Gale is taken out completely? Or is there an option left anyway?

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Netav
So the option to have an orgy with Gale is taken out completely? Or is there an option left anyway?

It's still there, but it's less iffy now. I posted images of the new dialogue in the Gale thread.

F
F
Originally Posted by portionbeans
I think it's time to just give it up.
It's been almost 7 months now, multiple threads hitting hundreds of replies and thousands of views, discussion on Reddit, multiple feedback threads on their Discord, many people sending in feedback about it via Larian's website and still nothing has been changed. They even made Gale MORE receptive to doing to Drow/Halsin fivesome in this latest patch that just goes to show you where their priorities lie. They have no intention of changing this and they never will.

This, 100%.
Next time I know I will give it a second thought before buying a Larian EA game.

I think that most of the feedback that got listened to isn't because they thought it would be good to add stuff the fans wanted but more because they had planned to include it anyways, otherwise they had a ton of feedback that got posted a lot and they chose to ignore it.
Let's be honest, they removed the "Frequent Feedback" post (and most likely also the ability to upvote) on Discord because how bad does it look, if they don't even consider adding like 90% of it?

People asked for the return of Halsin's EA character, they wanted more of him than just sex and nature, any form of improvement of his romance (having a real, dedicated romance instead of casual flings. Nope, the epilogue still doesn't mention you are in a relationship, they want to to interpret it that way. Like Larian, would've been to much to just actually say Halsin is in a relationship with the Tav or maybe he even changed his view on relationship and love itself?), more act 3 activity, the removal of his SA background and a huge pile more and I guess we all know how much of it actually made it into the game.
Instead they only focused on stuff like kisses lately (don't get me wrong, I really love Halsin's new kisses, but this still doesn't fix any of the stuff said above)

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
addict
addict
Just checked, you still cannot say you don't want to do anything with Halsin after talking to Astarion (and you're forced to go to the date) or tell Astarion you were only curious about his opinion but had no intention of romancing Halsin.

F
F
Originally Posted by Ametris
Just checked, you still cannot say you don't want to do anything with Halsin after talking to Astarion (and you're forced to go to the date) or tell Astarion you were only curious about his opinion but had no intention of romancing Halsin.

Shouldn't this be fixed by going the platonic path with Halsin? Haven't checked myself tbh.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
addict
addict
I don't know when the platonic option is supposed to trigger now. I simply loaded the save where Halsin propositions my Tav. Even if you flirted with him you should still have the right to say you weren't serious or changed your mind.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Filia
I think it's time to just give it up.
It's been almost 7 months now, multiple threads hitting hundreds of replies and thousands of views, discussion on Reddit, multiple feedback threads on their Discord, many people sending in feedback about it via Larian's website and still nothing has been changed. They even made Gale MORE receptive to doing to Drow/Halsin fivesome in this latest patch that just goes to show you where their priorities lie. They have no intention of changing this and they never will.

This, 100%.
Next time I know I will give it a second thought before buying a Larian EA game.

I think that most of the feedback that got listened to isn't because they thought it would be good to add stuff the fans wanted but more because they had planned to include it anyways, otherwise they had a ton of feedback that got posted a lot and they chose to ignore it.
Let's be honest, they removed the "Frequent Feedback" post (and most likely also the ability to upvote) on Discord because how bad does it look, if they don't even consider adding like 90% of it?

People asked for the return of Halsin's EA character, they wanted more of him than just sex and nature, any form of improvement of his romance (having a real, dedicated romance instead of casual flings. Nope, the epilogue still doesn't mention you are in a relationship, they want to to interpret it that way. Like Larian, would've been to much to just actually say Halsin is in a relationship with the Tav or maybe he even changed his view on relationship and love itself?), more act 3 activity, the removal of his SA background and a huge pile more and I guess we all know how much of it actually made it into the game.
Instead they only focused on stuff like kisses lately (don't get me wrong, I really love Halsin's new kisses, but this still doesn't fix any of the stuff said above)
If they don't do anything about it or at least write they opinion or smth, than Larian is just overrated company. Because there is so much feedback on this and they haven't changed much and haven't acknoweldged it(so that don't want to change or something), but they change things around other companions, so.

It will be adressed in time maybe one way or another and if not, well, as I said, in my eyes Larian will fall as an amazing company that cares about their players(I'm sure I won't be the only one). Shame, I praised Larian, I don't want it to be like this. So I just send feedback and hope for the best.

Last edited by Netav; 17/02/24 08:51 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
I'll try that with a new save - even though that will take time - probably the game now sets flags if you flirt with him or not and since those didn't seem to exist before, it goes back to the old default. Because if unflirty was the new default, people wanting to romance him in act 3 and just now reaching the point, would have been locked out.

F
F
If they don't do anything about it or at least write they opinion or smth, than Larian is just overrated company. Because there is so much feedback on this and they haven't changed much and haven't acknoweldged it(so that don't want to change or something), but they change things around other companions, so.

It will be adressed in time maybe one way or another and if not, well, as I said, in my eyes Larian will fall as an amazing company that cares about their players(I'm sure I won't be the only one). Shame, I praised Larian, I don't want it to be like this. So I just send feedback and hope for the best.

Again, I can just agree to this. One could say, they at least listen to some of the feedback, but more likely the one that fit's their marketing. Like kisses, choking, bear sex and such, you know what I mean.
If they continue just listening to the part of the fanbase, that is loud and horny (and, let's be honest, stick to something for a few months until the next *best xyz of all time* comes out), they are destined to fall.
Can't say for sure, but from what I read, people who are playing TTRPG for a good amount of years now don't really feel like the game did justice to D&D.

Originally Posted by Anska
I'll try that with a new save - even though that will take time - probably the game now sets flags if you flirt with him or not and since those didn't seem to exist before, it goes back to the old default. Because if unflirty was the new default, people wanting to romance him in act 3 and just now reaching the point, would have been locked out.

I guess that's right, it totally makes sense to not lock out people mid-campaign when a patch gets released.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
Again, I can just agree to this. One could say, they at least listen to some of the feedback, but more likely the one that fit's their marketing. Like kisses, choking, bear sex and such, you know what I mean.
If they continue just listening to the part of the fanbase, that is loud and horny (and, let's be honest, stick to something for a few months until the next *best xyz of all time* comes out), they are destined to fall.
Can't say for sure, but from what I read, people who are playing TTRPG for a good amount of years now don't really feel like the game did justice to D&D.
But like feedback on this topic is pretty reasonable anyway and won't hurt "horny" fanbase. It is stupid as hell anyway, for example, that Sharran and Selunite SH has exactly the same reactions and lines for act 3 activities. Literally identical dialogues. Don't you think that there perhaps some difference in personality etc. for them? They for sure shoudl separate these paths. Well, looks like they are doing it for Astarion now(spawn/AA), so why shouldn't Selune/Shar SH get this treatment? There is a chance to actually fix what feels OOC for her the same way they are fixing it for Astarion. Not like she is popular for horny fanbase, afaik Halsin and Astarion are way more popular and they are fixing Astarion. Also they fixed Gale and I wouldn't say his fanbase is "horny".

Last edited by Netav; 17/02/24 09:20 PM.
F
F
But like feedback on this topic is pretty reasonable anyway and won't hurt "horny" fanbase. It is stupid as hell anyway, for example, that Sharran and Selunite SH has exactly the same reactions and lines for act 3 activities. Literally identical dialogues. Don't you think that there perhaps some difference in personality etc. for them? They for sure shoudl separate these paths. Well, looks like they are doing it for Astarion now(spawn/AA), so why shouldn't Selune/Shar SH get this treatment? There is a chance to actually fix what feels OOC for her the same way they are fixing it for Astarion. Not like she is popular for horny fanbase, afaik Halsin and Astarion are way more popular and they are fixing Astarion. Also they fixed Gale and I wouldn't say his fanbase is "horny".

Oh if you knew how much feedback I wrote them about Shar/Selune SH and how it literally makes no sense that she is totally okay with Mizora and Drow twins + Halsin when following the Selune path.
I mean, the goddesses are the complete opposite and she is just like "Yeah, I don't care, lemme just get a new haircut and color and that's about it".

I really hope Astarion is just the first step, I really wish but still Larian managed to let me down enough times to have my faith fading.
A part of me says they just did so because Astarion seems to have the biggest fanbase but another part of me still hopes for the best (for all companions and all the feedback so many lovely people wrote)

Thank you!
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I'm almost tempted to contact him on Twitter and ask if he's aware that people have been complaining about this Shadowheart thing for 7 months now and if there's any intention to change it. Civilly of course.

F
F
I'm almost tempted to contact him on Twitter and ask if he's aware that people have been complaining about this Shadowheart thing for 7 months now and if there's any intention to change it. Civilly of course.

Go for it and if you succeed, we all shall build a statue for you.

Thank you!

Oh if you knew how much feedback I wrote them about Shar/Selune SH and how it literally makes no sense that she is totally okay with Mizora and Drow twins + Halsin when following the Selune path.
I mean, the goddesses are the complete opposite and she is just like "Yeah, I don't care, lemme just get a new haircut and color and that's about it".

I really hope Astarion is just the first step, I really wish but still Larian managed to let me down enough times to have my faith fading.
A part of me says they just did so because Astarion seems to have the biggest fanbase but another part of me still hopes for the best (for all companions and all the feedback so many lovely people wrote)

I've written several feedbacks about it, too. And my friend as well. And as we can see, they really don't care about Shadowheart and her both paths.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7
I've written several feedbacks about it, too. And my friend as well. And as we can see, they really don't care about Shadowheart and her both paths.
Good, keep it up, no point to give up especially when they showed that they are willing to change things(Gale, spawn Astarion).

You have to have high charisma to make this roll, also post should be focused on separating her paths and what makes sense for each of them, not directly Mizora,Halsin, Drows shit.

I really hope Astarion is just the first step

I do hope it's just a case of picking the dude companions first to get 'polished' and then the women and not thinking that the female companions are somehow fine and don't need tweaking. Time will tell, I guess.

Minthara is still bugged to nine hells and back, even with new stuff added for her recently.

F
F
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
I really hope Astarion is just the first step

I do hope it's just a case of picking the dude companions first to get 'polished' and then the women and not thinking that the female companions are somehow fine and don't need tweaking. Time will tell, I guess.

Minthara is still bugged to nine hells and back, even with new stuff added for her recently.

I hope so, too. Every character still needs some polish. SH needs her paths to be more different from each other, Wyll needs more content (and, even if he doesn't want to sleep with you before marriage, why not add a nice cuddling cutscene?), Halsins character and romance needs to be more consistent (right now I feel still like its written by two people), being more tactful with Gale (and Gale lovers), MInthara is... well let's just say, its a lot, Karlach's romance cutscene should be different for male and female Tavs and so on.
We can at least hope they are willing to add and change more stuff (please, Larian, add stuff, don't just replace) after they polished Astarion.

What I wish for the most: Larian talking to us, going through feedback, telling us what is doable and what not. It can't be only reposting, posting patch notes or the awards they won that they want to share.
It*s sad to see many people giving up after they posted lots and lots of feedback. I can only speak for myself, but it's so exhausting to spend time writing feedback and you get nothing back. You can't even see how many people agree with your feedback on Discord anymore and with the missing "Frequent Feedback" post you can't even see if a mod collected this. At that point when the Discord feedback channel went through some changes, it felt like they didn't even care or, and what would be more devastating, they didn't even care about it from the beginning.

I have to be honest, when they said we will get a community update before patch 5, I was really looking forward to learn more about how they want to approach things or the feedback they collected, yet they only went through the patch notes and told us we would get better kisses some day (which is patch 6 now).

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
I hope so, too. Every character still needs some polish. SH needs her paths to be more different from each other, Wyll needs more content (and, even if he doesn't want to sleep with you before marriage, why not add a nice cuddling cutscene?), Halsins character and romance needs to be more consistent (right now I feel still like its written by two people), being more tactful with Gale (and Gale lovers), MInthara is... well let's just say, its a lot, Karlach's romance cutscene should be different for male and female Tavs and so on.
We can at least hope they are willing to add and change more stuff (please, Larian, add stuff, don't just replace) after they polished Astarion.

What I wish for the most: Larian talking to us, going through feedback, telling us what is doable and what not. It can't be only reposting, posting patch notes or the awards they won that they want to share.
It*s sad to see many people giving up after they posted lots and lots of feedback. I can only speak for myself, but it's so exhausting to spend time writing feedback and you get nothing back. You can't even see how many people agree with your feedback on Discord anymore and with the missing "Frequent Feedback" post you can't even see if a mod collected this. At that point when the Discord feedback channel went through some changes, it felt like they didn't even care or, and what would be more devastating, they didn't even care about it from the beginning.

I have to be honest, when they said we will get a community update before patch 5, I was really looking forward to learn more about how they want to approach things or the feedback they collected, yet they only went through the patch notes and told us we would get better kisses some day (which is patch 6 now).
I think sending direct feedback is the best bet, no? I mean obviously when you have feedback/post everywhere(disc, forums, twitter, direct feedback) surely it should be at least noticed.

F
F
I think sending direct feedback is the best bet, no? I mean obviously when you have feedback/post everywhere(disc, forums, twitter, direct feedback) surely it should be at least noticed.

Except Twitter I tried every channel you mentioned.
I mean, at this point we don't even know if they are actively working on any feedback because of the complete lack of communication. I get that they want to speak though actions instead of words, yet it could help a lot.

Thank you!
Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard