Originally Posted by Sobocles
It's a shame that Larian still hasn't bothered to remove or at least modify anything about all that infamous garbage with Shadowheart and Halsin. They're not even capable of removing the flirt dialogue from what I've read. I mean, we're not even asking for it to be removed, just to put it in a poly romance with those two, but they don't even want to do that. From what I see, they made a change with Gale due to a single post I saw on Larian's Discord where someone complained that the game didn't allow you to be kind and understanding to him for not wanting to participate in the interaction with the drow twins, and immediately Larian solved the problem. Why don't they do the same with SH if people have been asking for it for a while? Could it be because their writer doesn't want to? I honestly believe that's the case. Apparently, they intend to change Astarion's reaction when you cheat on him with Mizora. I think they should at least do the same with Shadowheart since her current reaction doesn't fit either route, and Shadowheart and Astarion are two equivalent characters, so to speak. It seems Larian is going to implement the ultimatum dialogue; I would prefer them to solve the problem at its root instead of avoiding it, but well, at least we have a canonical way to get rid of Halsin xD.

I would guess it's likely low priority if it is even going to receive any changes.
I think the Shadowheart/Halsin/Sharess' Caress interactions are best left unexplored (I never use Halsin outside of the shadow curse quest in act 2). Sharess' Caress in particular seems as if it was done in the spirit of bawdy comedy - or fun, I guess.
Already talked to death on these forums and elsewhere, but the whole Shadowheart & Halsin thing really comes out of left field and isn't consistent at all with SH's character (Selunite or Sharran) if what we've seen and been told in the hours of game up until this point is any indication.
And Halsin's advances are just inappropriate. It would be a different matter entirely if Tav & Shadowheart invited him, had engaged in the polyamorous relationship prior, or if it extended to other party members for that matter, instead it's only him, and invites himself. Seems a bit ick.
The relationships in the game are for the most part done with care and sensitivity but this tiny section can, has and will continue to rub people the wrong way.