Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
Originally Posted by Jordaker
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
They announced cross platform modding support in a few months. If anything the journey has just begun.
You're waiting at the station for a train that isn't coming.
They announced it a few days ago have you been living under a rock?
Originally Posted by Salo
We are working on official mod support, and have been for a while. We want the very best for you, which includes establishing a pipeline that lets mod authors release their mods across different platforms.

Together with the platform holders, we are working on making this a reality, and are forming a team to support mod curation. We’re aiming to offer modding support for things like classes, UI, customisation, spells, and certain assets and game mechanics.

As this is no small task, we hope to introduce the initial stages of modding support in our next big patch, which is still several months away. Frustrated as you might be now, we’re keen to work with you on this - and have plans to reach out to popular mod authors to talk further and work together to avoid issues in the future.

I'll believe it it when I see it. They have been saying it is coming since EA. There are already over 7,000 mods on Nexus including classes, UI, customisation, spells and game mechanics mods. I'm not sure what they mean by 'certain game assets' so I'll leave that out. The 20-30 mods i used from EA never caused me any problems. The only problems came when Larian patched the game.

"we hope to introduce the initial stages of modding support in our next big patch, which is still several months away" It's always tomorrow with Larian. These types of comments from Larian are usually a PR knee-jerk reaction to criticism. I'd be very surprised if there is still interest in the game if and when it does arrive.

And no, I haven't been living under a rock. I have lots of other interests and hanging around the Larian forum is not a priority even if the Gateway Timeouts made it feasible.

Last edited by Jordaker; 25/02/24 12:31 PM.