Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
stranger
K
Ido58 when you re-spec you go back to level one and re-do everything except for race and such.

For a mage dip Wizard is probably better as it lets you learn every spell in the game while level one Sorcerer gets you a few level one spells.

I'd suggest getting bard to 6 or ranger to 5 for extra attack ASAP. Heck since you are level seven I'd re-spec to Bard 6/Ranger 1 or Bard 2/Ranger 5 right now to get extra attack.

ldo58 Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
Originally Posted by geala
Originally Posted by ldo58
... The highest AC in that party was Minthara in heavy armor (but no shield as dual wielder) with 25. Gale had 15 and Shadowheart 21. Unfortunately I can't reload the saves since patch 6 to see the details, I just saved a screenshot of the party at the time so I can still see the numbers but nothing more.

Can you remember how you got to 25 with heavy armor without a shield? That's interesting. Maybe I could get Shadowheart with shield to 28 then? I'm currently in a modded playthrough with higher enemy hit chances and damage, a high AC as possible would be nice.

I've just finished act 2 now and my bard/ranger can have an AC of 26. With the helldusk armor it would bring her to 28.
The shield is the iron bound shield which gives +3 AC.
The other items are listed below: All are from act 1 and 2. (It's not how I equip her in my game, she "only" has AC 24 as Ketheric's armor is used by Minthara, and she wields Falar Aluve instead of the defender flail, but 28 for a heavy armoured shield-bearing character should be feasible in act 3)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ldo58; 20/03/24 05:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Thanks for the hints. The problem is that I don't have most of the items, or there are better alternatives for the slots.

BTW do you like the looks of all of the items? In my opinion f.e. the diverse Wizard cowboy hats look terrible combined with armor. Also many other items, especially helmets and gloves, do not fit well with some styles. I'm using a transmog mod for this reason. This is my current party with lvl 10 early in Act 3:

For example, the helmet of Shadowheart (third from left) is actually the Grym helmet (which looks terrible). For my taste the transmogged helmet fits the armor much better.
The helmet of Astarion is actually the Helmet of Arcane Acuity (the most overpowered and most ugly item in the game). Wether the monstrous transmogged design looks better is open for discussion, but at least it fits metal armor better.
The shield of my main Lara (Dark Urge) is the transmogged Sentinel Shield, for I like the normal round shield's look more.

ldo58 Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
I should really start to take notes where the useful items are found. I think quite a few of these protective items shown above were simply bought from traders. But yea it's not easy to decide which item is best to take up the slot. I hate changing gear for different situations. The only time I do this is with the gloves of thievery. My bard puts these on during exploration, but when it looks like battle is coming up, I'll change them forwondrous gloves (which gives +1 AC and extra bardic inspiration). But that's the only instance I swap back and forth.

I find the hats also incredibly silly. Except on my dwarven bard actually. I think it suits her very well. But she's the only one in all my PT's where I can say this.

Personally, I like "Conan" or "pulp-magazine/peplum-movie"-like representations of armor. If I had it my way I would provide 3 "skins" in the game. One cartoonish/manga style, which is what they have now, a second pulp-magazine like style, which I would choose, and maybe a third more hstorically correct, Lord of the rings like style. I quite like the Dunkles character look in your party and you're right that a funny shield form would really spoil it.
I may look to mods again in the future when things are stabilised. I had some representational mods in patch 5, but after patch 6 nothing worked anymore. I had to delete everything and reinstall from scratch. Backups of the save files didn't load anymore either so I lost everything.

Last edited by ldo58; 24/03/24 12:24 AM.
old hand
old hand
That's bad, and sad. Strangely I never ever had problems with mods, patch or not, but I'm using only a few (Basket Full of Equipment, Transmog Enhanced, WASD, Native Camera Tweaks, several UI tweaks like Better Hotbar 2 (auto-hide etc.), Combat Extender, Honour Mode Features, Wet Nerf f.e.). A few days after each patch they were updated, or work despite the patch.

To the items, it is of course quite easy to find them on the BG3 Wiki or Fextralife. But some are out of my reach because of how I play the game, f.e. I'd never get the ring from Mol.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by geala
some are out of my reach because of how I play the game, f.e. I'd never get the ring from Mol.

you understand she still wants the statue after you save the grove from goblin attack?

for my money the 'shield' spell/ reaction is really the best in slot but if you want to look like a turtle then each to their own wink

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard