Originally Posted by Sereda2
In reply to your query OP, I'm finding it hard to settle on a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

In my first playthrough I wanted to romance Astarion but alas, he had 'standards' and Tav didn't meet them. Everyone else propositioned her though and later Withers mocked her for being alone. It felt a bit to true to real life there, having the one person I was interested in being totally disinterested in my character. :P

I think the romance options are great and I'm really happy they are in the game and that there is no restriction on who your character pairs with. That said, I feel the relationship side of things is rather neglected.
Being propositioned by characters Tav had hardly spoken to felt off and the speed with which it happened felt a bit too quick. I wasn't really sure how much I liked them at that stage.
Friendship between the companions felt undeveloped. I miss a lot of the banter in the open world due to characters being behind me and having hearing issues in RL. By the time I've turned Tav round, I've often missed at least a part of what was said. I'd love to have the option to have that dialogue written bottom screen. More important I'd like to see more interaction when we rest.
After act 1 the interaction just seems to drop off (maybe I'm bad at picking up cues).
In act 3 it's particularly noticable that our companions are just standing by their beds doing very little. You have a nice big fire in the Elfsong that is completely unused.
"Sit by the fire? Nah, I'll just stand by my bed and look bored."

So, in conclusion I don't think the game is oversexualized, but I do feel the romances are badly paced and I can understand people feeling they are being pushed into them.
It feels like the game is saying relationship = sex and that's the only option.Tav's relationship with the characters she is not romancing could really do with further development imo.

You can see the banter between companions in the combat log. I also have to check this all the time because I miss half of what's being said.