Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Originally Posted by Anska
It's so odd. The main character selection still does not seem to work when you might want it to work - when fighting the Gnoll, I had to argue with the Gnoll leader with Lae'zel because Lae landed a melee hit on her, but instead it triggers in situation when you usually do have good control over with whom to start the conversation as in the above examples.

I agree, I’m still frequently getting scenes where the closest character is selected rather than my character. I had a case just tonight where Gale was selected to chat with Auntie Ethel and the brothers at the edge of the swamp, not my character. (Also had multiple cases of this in Act 3.) The promised fix addressing the issue seems to be no fix at all, unfortunately. And it seems to be inconveniencing folks in a disagreeable way, to boot. (Can’t speak to that as my MC is always the party face.) They’ll need to get some more hotfixes out.

I wish I could've had that happen instead. I think I had it happen once with Shadowheart conversing with someone in act 2. Beyond that I'd literally have my Tav out of the group and standing a good ways behind the party to initiate conversation with Gale or Astarion and it'd STILL force my Tav to the forefront for the conversations. I'd reload to reposition Tav and it kept happening but I couldn't yeet them to camp because I needed my Tav present for EXP
(The places you can talk the Thorms into dying so you don't have to fight them, and then with Yugir)
I think it took. 3 reloads for the first conversation. And 5 for the second, after meticulously finagling where my Tav was.