Originally Posted by Icelyn
I love the change and don’t want it reverted! I just want the bugs fixed so it works correctly. It was previously very frustrating for me playing sorcerer and not getting dialogue or trying to position my sorcerer at the front in the hope that I might get dialogue! I like my avatar getting dialogue and making the decisions, which is how it is done in other party-based games I have played.

Unfortunately, there’s not really a positive change to revert at the moment. I have personally seen three different cases where a different party member was selected for cutscenes. Two of those cases were just after combat, so I could see the person I was controlling last in combat getting the scene. However, one scene was meeting Auntie Ethel at the edge of the forest, no combat involved there, just the person closest to them got selected.

I agree that I would like the default character for story cutscenes to be my character. I support that. I’m also sensitive to how that is affecting people who don’t want their main character to be the party face. It seems like a more complicated issue than it does at first. Maybe it would help for a player to be able to designate a character who will be prioritized for cutscenes? That way each person’s “face” can go to the front. That may be complicated to implement?

I would emphasize, though, that prioritizing the main character for cutscenes is still not a thing in the game, as far as I can tell. It sucks because I wish it was handled so that they could get to fixing some more bugs.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 28/02/24 04:35 PM.