disapprovegauntlet

I also heavily disagree with this suggestion.

A proper suggestion and solution would be to; have automatic dialogue trigger a pop-up window (similar to reactions) where portraits of all 4 companions show up, thus allowing the player to select which companion will be leading the conversation.

Otherwise asking to revert the change is basically asking to revert THE MOST COMMON ongoing quality of life request by the community from the moment this game went live with Early Access, because players want their avatars to always lead a conversation even if they're not Charisma based.

So I disagree entirely with reverting the change because it would then just anger the other half of the community that's been asking for this all the time. This keeps being a problem because Larian insists on automatically triggering dialogue and even worse not giving the players a choice in who leads it. The solution is quite simple, but whether it gets implemented is another matter because it would not be cinematic to have epic moments pause, instead of just immediately leading into a scene.

Another solution is to just get rid of automated dialogue period and have NPCs stop being hostile during combat so players can talk, something like an MMO. But the epicness of the moment would then be lost even further and it would not feel like DnD at all I believe.