Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 154 of 156 1 2 152 153 154 155 156
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yeah that is happening to me. I heard patch 6 might have moved it specifically to the tiefling party? But im more stuck on the owlbear cub bug. Little guy wont show up at the goblin camp. Ive sent bug reports but like...i legit cant continue 3 whole acts with out the little guy frown

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Is the glitch you can't romance karlach or you can't recruit the little owl bear cub?

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
In my playthrough? Im not sure both? I hVnt gotten to the teifling party yet where some ppl are saying the karlach scene will trigger.
But i wont keep playing the playthrough cauae thf owlbear cub is bugged (wont show up at the goblin vamp after the mother bear encounter)

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Anyone seen if the owl bear glitch is fixed? Just wanted to post here and see if anyone saw any news or rumors

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Not for me, hasnt worked since patch 6, makes me feel sad as i havnt seen any of the new stuff really as I refuse to continue 2 and a half acts without the owlbear cub. Ive sent bug reports. Was told they are aware and addressing it. But only bug they fixed was the owlbear cub aggro? Or something?
Mine is specifically the cub not showing up at the goblin camp

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Also Larian, give us a way to fix Karlach!, just to keep the thought alive lol

D
stranger
stranger
D
The avernus DLC hope just died, Swen said in the GDC( there is a IGN article about it) that there won't be any expansion or DLC for baldur gates 3 so that route to fix kalach is gone. Now I think the only way karlach gets a good ending is in a definitive edition unless by some miracle they change it in the base game(I don't think is going to happen but you never know).

#JusticeforKarlach

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Sucks, but it is their choice. Here's to hopin' something is added in the possible definitive edition, then.

Kind of expected it but I wanted to keep some hope. Even hope died in the end, I guess.

Kinda bummed out by the news, especially when they dropped a small tease in the epilogues.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Kind of expected it but I wanted to keep some hope. Even hope died in the end, I guess.

Kinda bummed out by the news, especially when they dropped a small tease in the epilogues.

If they never had any plans to continue, the tease in the epilogue is kinda weird. And not just Karlach, but the other one too.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
guys just speculation but based on swens recent speech and how the article is worded about wotc and publishers* im pretty sure this is on WOTC hasbro is looking to go internal for future dnd games to not share profits so they wont let larian use the ip again . that and all the ppl at WOTC who fought to get larian on bg3 have been let go. take all that as you will but i personally will not be supporting any more wotc stuff at this point they have been doing some horrendus crap this past year but this is the icing on the cake.

I do agree theres a chance they will pivot and still give us a fix in a patch...but i also agree its unlikely...screw hasbro man...

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I think your right god fucking damn it man

apprentice
apprentice
Where did the information come from that they laid off employees? its sad

F
F
Still, we need to remember that there are contracts and those can't be cancelled easily, not without paying a contractual penalty or something. Or there have been some clauses that allowed to end the licensing of the IP if certain thresholds or numbers are not fulfilled at a specific point like ratings (which shouldn't be the case here), sold copies (also shouldn't be the case here) or w/e.
So either they had a clause that allowed Hasbro to revoke the licensing at any given time or at least after a certain time has passed after release or they paid for ending the contract or something else has come up that we all can't see. Personally, I think it's too easy just to point with your finger on one company and white knighting the other. We are not talking about some children playing together, this are companies with contracts.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
While it would've been nice to have an official conclusion to Karlach's engine situation, I think the open-ended continuation of her adventure, is better suited to her character.

Plus all the unfinished business in Avernus helps paint a long road so any hasty conclusion probably wouldn't have ever felt just right.

Who knows with the future and definitive or modding.

T
Banned
Banned
T
So let's not beat around the bush: Karlach is a member of a people who are constantly oppressed for their heritage, out of religiously-motivated racism, and are constantly driven from their homes and victimized as a result of that hate. Sven Vicke's studio created a storyline for them where they are depicted as leeches and criminals, lured into "refuges" where they are slaughtered en-masse, and where the man himself declared that a member of their group like Karlach deserves to burn in hell instead of salvation.

You're not going to get anything satisfactory for Karlach because Sven Vicke and his studio very much treat anyone who isn't a human or elf in their game as an undesirable.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Thelxiope
So let's not beat around the bush: Karlach is a member of a people who are constantly oppressed for their heritage, out of religiously-motivated racism, and are constantly driven from their homes and victimized as a result of that hate. Sven Vicke's studio created a storyline for them where they are depicted as leeches and criminals, lured into "refuges" where they are slaughtered en-masse, and where the man himself declared that a member of their group like Karlach deserves to burn in hell instead of salvation.

You're not going to get anything satisfactory for Karlach because Sven Vicke and his studio very much treat anyone who isn't a human or elf in their game as an undesirable.

Okay, Thelxiope. Let’s not start this up again. Spamming the forum with your own heated takes, personally attacking developers with accusations of racism that it’s hard to see as anything but intentionally provocative given the way they are stated, isn’t on.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
R
Rae Offline
R
The lack of future dlc or expansion is unfortunate, but kinda expected for me. Larian doesn't create dlcs, so I'm fine with it. In actual state we have "at least something we wanted", an offscreen engine fix based on our imagination that she and Tav found new engine in Avernus and save Karlach for good.

This is faaaaaaaar better than when I finished my gameplay when no patch was released so far. (I romancer her and I even was not able to go with her to Avernus). So this whole thread was successful at the end.

Maybe in the future after few more patches we will see a cutscene that she and Tav finished the Avernus mission and they are save and back in Faerun.

But in my opinion I'm almost sure, that according what is or was in the game, the original idea was that her engine was meant to be fixable.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Rae
The lack of future dlc or expansion is unfortunate, but kinda expected for me. Larian doesn't create dlcs, so I'm fine with it. In actual state we have "at least something we wanted", an offscreen engine fix based on our imagination that she and Tav found new engine in Avernus and save Karlach for good.

This is faaaaaaaar better than when I finished my gameplay when no patch was released so far. (I romancer her and I even was not able to go with her to Avernus). So this whole thread was successful at the end.

Maybe in the future after few more patches we will see a cutscene that she and Tav finished the Avernus mission and they are save and back in Faerun.

But in my opinion I'm almost sure, that according what is or was in the game, the original idea was that her engine was meant to be fixable.

Agreed. I was just really really hoping for atleast uppercity and a fixable engine in game smirk

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Rae

The avernus ending cutscene + mentions of a forge in the epilogue party are nice I guess, but I dont know if I'd go as far as to say this thread or other karlach related feedback could be counted as having been successful.

In the end, Karlach still has a really lackluster questline - a fetch quest that basically ends in act 2 already, whereafter the game proceeds to railroad us into accepting her fate, not letting us try finding other potential solutions. I could forgive a boring questline that isnt as intirguing or polished as astarions or shadowhearts quests, but the biggest offense with karlachs questline is how it makes the player/party look like the most uncaring clowns who wont put any effort into looking for potential cures for karlach ("we did everything we could for karlach" my goddamn ass lmao). Additonally, its really shallow writing to have the game treat her condition as some incurable condition that is not fixable in anyway, considering all the wild shit the party survives through or other characters as well (or the fact this is dnd, theres like countless spells that would fix her condition lol).When writing a tragic story, there has to be immense care put into it, and this was far from that - Karlachs story just feels super handwavy and only exists to present cheap drama.

For me personally, this really ruins karlachs character for me, and my overall enjoyment for this game. I mean cool, they find a forge in avernus during the 6 month period post-final fight, but I still have to put up with Karlach talking in act 3 like shes doomed/how she wishes she wasnt dying, and all my dumbass tav can say is ''maybe we can save you'' but then not... actually try anything. Suffice to say, its very frustrating and Im disheartened that larian is happy to leave karlach in this state, alongside with wyll and minthara who are also clearly really neglected characters.

Last edited by lemontree; 25/03/24 01:10 AM.
Page 154 of 156 1 2 152 153 154 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard