Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
One of Larian’s latest tweets suggests that they may be doing something with Minthara in the next hotfix. However, it looks like it might be a very tiny thing, which may not satisfy the folks here. Hopefully they will also fix her broken reactivity. They say that the hotfix will likely be coming out this week. I’ll quote their tweet:

“Our next hotfix is undergoing final testing, and we’re aiming to release it this week.

Among other fixes, Hotfix #20 solves an issue where Minthara would sometimes stop following the party in Act II and III. Keep up, minty.

We'll update you all when it’s ready for release!”

I wish they would adress her repeating the same line over and over again. Bug like this is unacceptable, I already missed ton of her dialogues due to this issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
veteran
veteran

Thank you everyone and please if I may have missed anything else that needs improving, feel free to point out.

I also wish to address here what seems to be a common train of thought about humbling expectations;

When it comes to Minthara; her players are the most humble and patient fans out there I've ever seen for over 2 years now, despite the blatant lack of love, care and attention by Larian towards her.

I personally love Larian, I admire Larian, I respect Larian and give credit where credit is due... but I also give severe criticism where criticism is due. What they're doing to Minthara is an absolute travesty and her players can't afford anymore to be humble, patient and grateful with mere breadcrumbs hoping things will change about her after 3 years almost, because they won't. Nothing will change as long as her players do not start causing massive tidal waves to make them realize enough is enough.

Because these new additions to other companions listed below is not Larian being unable to fix her or improve her character, this is just blatant not giving a damn about her whatsoever when even Halsin (who is also not an Origin companion) is getting improvements;

(ADDITIONS FOR OTHER COMPANIONS - Potential spoilers)

• If you sit on the stool in Shadowheart's camp corner, she will now react to you with a line based on your relation with her.
  • If you part ways with Shadowheart and hide in the Underdark as a mind flayer, she won't forget and think you've spent the last sixth months together in the epilogue.
  • You can now give Shadowheart a hug when she's crying after losing or saving ________.
  • Added a new dialogue option for Shadowheart on a certain path when talking to Zenthino.

• Halsin no longer blames the goblins for his death in his Speak with Dead dialogue if he managed to get killed much later on.
  • You can finally tell Halsin that you found that letter that was sent to Kagha.
  • Halsin will now react to a particular song in the epilogue.
  • You can no longer invite the owlbear cub to live with you and Halsin in the epilogue if you do not, in fact, live with Halsin.
  • Added a platonic path when talking to Halsin at camp if you haven't been flirting with him.
  • Added a line in Halsin's camp dialogue to account for an outcome where you resolved the situation at the Goblin Camp but the goblin leadership wasn't necessarily killed.

• Added additional Karlach reactivity to the ________ with Gale in the epilogue.
  • Added a new overhead line for Karlach for when she reaches Last Light, the tieflings are alive, and she hasn't met Dammon yet but knows there might be someone who can help her.
  • Fixed a case where in some flows, Karlach wouldn't react to Zevlor's description of the Descent.
  • When playing as Karlach, if you still can't touch others, Halsin will now correctly wait until you can for that promised night.
  • Added additional Avatar Karlach and Avatar Astarion reactivity within dialogues in the epilogue, allowing them to request a cure for their conditions.
  • Karlach won't play with Clive while standing on a chair anymore. We wouldn't want either of them to get hurt.
  • Karlach can no longer have sex with Minthara if she hasn't had the proper upgrades to her heart yet.
  • If you knock out Karlach and she leaves, Mizora will come to judge Wyll the night after.
  • Tweaked the flow of a dialogue so Karlach gets the opportunity to have a dialogue with the Emperor if she chooses to ____________________.
  • Polished the timing on Karlach's Speak with Dead dialogue.

• Gale can now kiss your hand if you agree to ________.
  • Gale's journal will no longer claim he turned into a mind flayer if _________ was actually the one who transformed.

• Avatars who went to Avernus with Karlach can now explicitly tell Gale they can't ____________ because they need to look after Big K.
  • Added additional Avatar Karlach and Avatar Astarion reactivity within ______ Gale's dialogues in the epilogue, allowing them to request a cure for their conditions.

I don't wish to be petty or ungrateful for all these improvements, but the favoritism is obvious as they're ignoring a 3 year old issue now.

• Shadowheart received reactive relationship dialogue for a piece of camp decoration, while Minthara does not even have her most basic relationship dialogue available.
  • Shadowheart also received a hug for her ACT III personal quest finale (which was requested by her fans mind you), while Minthara's community has been requesting them to fix Minthara for over 2 years now. The basic minimum so we can at least have a functional companion, Larian? Hello?!
  • Halsin received even more reactivity in ACT I in an already ocean of reactivities regarding the whole situation with the Goblin Camp, meanwhile Minthara still has NONE even for the most basic expected continuities (all of them documented in the feedback posts #1, #2 and #3).

I am on a warpath ever since Update #6 because of all this and I will keep ripping through every single issue with Minthara to the end of time and calling out Larian until they realize enough is enough. There's no holding back anymore until Minthara's fixed, improved and given the respect she deserves like they've given all the other companions.

All they have to do is just start caring and showing respect to Minthara, like they do with all the other companions.

Originally Posted by Veranis
To the things that need fixing I want to add that she is still stuck in her "grove attack" persona crying "For the Abslute!" in every fight up until the ending.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more please? I assume you recruited her either by knocking her at the Grove or siding with her during the raid.

I know she does that if the player goes back to ACT I with her, but I haven't seen it ever in ACT II. The only thing I know of is that if she dies as a party member, other companions will trigger their mocking ACT I banter about her death. Like Shadowheart smirking about claiming Minthara's scalp as a trophy.

So I'll need some details to properly test, record and list the issue.

V
V
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
To the things that need fixing I want to add that she is still stuck in her "grove attack" persona crying "For the Abslute!" in every fight up until the ending.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

I know she does that if the player goes back to ACT I with her, but I haven't seen it ever in ACT II. The only thing I know of is that if she dies as a party member, other companions will trigger their mocking ACT I banter about her death. Like Shadowheart smirking about claiming Minthara's scalp as a trophy.

So I'll need some details to properly test, record and list the issue.

I haven't taken her to Act 1, but I went back to the Monastery right after recruiting her because Lae'zel nagged about the crèche (Minthara temporarily left my group when I went there, as she should). Ever since I had her she is using her grove attack lines ("Finish them!" "Slaughter them!" "For the Absolute!") in every fight at the start of every new combat round.

I could test going back to a save before I recruit her in Act 2 and not go to the creche and see if this was what bugged her out.

veteran
veteran
Usually going back to ACT I has a tendency to break not just her, but Halsin as well even if they're not in the party. But you are quite correct that it seems to be an issue.

I'll try testing a bit more and seeing what's exactly triggering it once this supposedly new hotfix releases and HOPEFULLY fixes her stupidly crippling Emperor dialogue bug.

Thank you for elaborating though, much appreciated! approvegauntlet

V
V
Usually going back to ACT I has a tendency to break not just her, but Halsin as well even if they're not in the party. But you are quite correct that it seems to be an issue.

Yes, you're right, just tested it without going to Act 1 after recruiting her and there's no issue. Annoying to be stuck with this in my newest playthrough though as I did not know that could happen and I'm already in Act 3. *sigh* There's a pretty big chance to end up with this bug if you go the Underdark route to Act 2 and then Lae'zel forces you to go to the crèche.

And while testing I found a new bug. As soon as you walk into the Moonrise Towers throne room for the first time Minthara runs up to you, drags you into a dialogue cutscene and throws the "When you are done, we will celebrate our victory at your camp." line at you.

T
Banned
Banned
T
I like how you wax poetic about how much you love Larian, and then just casually reference an incredibly fucked-up mention of scalping that highlights Larian's philosophy of relishing in the slaughter and disrespect of non-white characters.

veteran
veteran
You will not twist my words about a bug to fit your idiotic bullshit racism against Larian, which you've been spewing in every single post of yours so far in other threads.

In case you haven't noticed; nobody wants you on these forums as all you do is derail constructive feedback threads with racism. Go to Steam forums, at least there people love foolishly arguing. Otherwise leave me out of it. Do not engage with me, do not quote me, do not reply to me AT ALL.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Thelxiope
I like how you wax poetic about how much you love Larian, and then just casually reference an incredibly fucked-up mention of scalping that highlights Larian's philosophy of relishing in the slaughter and disrespect of non-white characters.

Okay, different folk can find different things problematic, and if we do take issue with representation in the game then we all have the right to explain our problem.

But as forum members, we all should be doing our best to keep discussion calm, constructive and friendly, especially when touching on topics that we know are likely to be sensitive or controversial due to their connection to real life.

And we should all also recognise when we have made our personal perspective clear and not slip into spamming other forum members by repetitive posting.

Unfortunately, Thelxiope, I’m seeing a pattern of posts that could be doing better on both these fronts. Let’s nip it in the bud.

EDIT: And also let’s not get drawn into arguments and personal insults, Crimsomrider. If we don’t want to hear what someone is saying, then we can report and use the forum functionality to mute them.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 28/02/24 09:23 PM. Reason: Saw Crimsomrider’s response to Thelxiope

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
While I'm collecting footage and documenting all the issues related to Minthara, I wished to take a moment and share a comment by @DaggerPrince from the unlisted video in this post because every person's voice about Minthara is helpful and deserves to be heard;

Originally Posted by DaggerPrince
Hello, i saw your posts on the forums where you linked this video. i dont have an account there and am too lazy to make one. but i wanted to say thank you for fighting for larian to fix Minthara. its insane what they did to her. i really wish they would make her a "real companion" and a "real love interest" one day, but i think they probably never will, probably due to some political reasons. which is very sad. but thank you for fighting for her. for this amazing character. i read many of your suggestions and they were amazing.

Naturally Larian is not doing this for political reasons, it's just their usual MO of not putting enough effort into aspects of the game that do not follow the intended heroic goody two-shoes narrative, as similar issues were happening with Divinity Original Sin 2 too.

That's why Minthara's side is so lackluster and barely worked on since Early Access because as is evident by their statistic 60% of players never even raided the Grove and therefore never even got to experience her as a companion. But we'll keep fighting for her and doing our best to put her on their radar and fix her.

veteran
veteran
Another major inconsistency due to lack of any safe-guards;

The rude party remarks towards Minthara's corpse from ACT I have no safe-guards set in place, because of which all of the companions including the avatar will be disrespecting Minthara's corpse even after she becomes a companion if she dies at any point throughout the game.

Doesn't matter whether Minthara is recruited legitimately by raiding the Grove, knocking her out or entirely ignoring the Grove... there's no safe-guard to prevent companions breaking character like this at all.

*Very classy Shadowheart*

V
V
Another major inconsistency due to lack of any safe-guards;

The disrespectful party banter towards Minthara's corpse from ACT I has no safe-guards in place whatsoever, because of which all of the companions including the avatar will be disrespecting Minthara's corpse if she dies at any point throughout the game as an active party member.

Doesn't matter whether Minthara is recruited legitimately by raiding the Grove, recruited by knocking her out or recruited by entirely ignoring the Grove... there's no safe-guard to prevent this from happening at all.

Yes, that's really bad. Especially if she's your chosen LI. frown

veteran
veteran
Especially so, as it unfortunately happened to me in ACT III with my avatar telling her romanced Minthara to rot, after she and Shadowheart accidentally died to firework boobytraps in Felogyr's basement.

Peak romance right there ^^

Also sorry for not replying earlier, still testing some stuff about that thing with ACT I. Plus this Hotfix #20 doesn't fix Minthara's crippling bug still (what a suprise), so it'll take a while for me to properly document her other issues as well. Update #7 probably coming in two weeks, so most likely then.

veteran
veteran
Even these minor issues are being ignored for so long;

If the player unequips Minthara's armor, handwear or footwear equipment pieces, her body mesh will be missing those exact body parts in the leveling menu.

*The Absolute truly does take mind, body and soul by the looks of it*

journeyman
journeyman
Wasn't one of the mantra's with Larian Studio during early developemnt of Baldurs Gate 3 to go all the way with designing aspects that situationally only 0.1% of players would see, like a reward for those playing around and going in a certain direction with the game's permutation, alongside toying around and combining barrels, spells, potions and just going all crazy with the game?
Just alarming to see this in a full release of a game, seems I only scratched the surface of what can be found oddly shallow with Minthara.

Here is a link to an old interview I found interesting, Baldur's Gate 3 on new endings, strange problems and the future

I am forever grateful and love seeing all the love being showered in terms of bug fixing, adding epiloque chapter, honour mode, kissing animations that brings more life to the game and what else I might have missed but it should not have to matter how many players have experienced Minthara to have had these fixed and polished up by now, it may sound stupid but maybe I will just assume in good faith that Larian Studio is aware of all these and perhaps something is being cooked up that sweeps all of these issues up in one big update but it does get alarmingly worrisome at this point that there might just be nothing, just hope this is brought to awareness before it is too late!

I don't look at Baldurs Gate 3 as a live service game so its also kinda alarming to see myriads of wishlists of things seemingly pointless, things that mostly is perceived as what the players needs rather than whats best for what the game needs which essentially is wasting up the resources Larian is pouring back into the game.

I am more than willing to wait for as long as it takes to bring justice to this aspect of the game, if it was in some form just acknowledged that its in the awareness by this point.

(edit) I am aware that the founder has moved on to his next project by now and left the reins of this game to the development team, so it just feels like things are not being stoked like they used to be with founder actively involved.

Last edited by Xenonian; 02/03/24 01:35 AM.
Hey everyone! On the topic of Minthara's issues, which Crimsomrider has wonderfully highlighted, I also made a bug list to keep track of them last week so I thought I'd share it here. It's been updated for Hotfix #20 and it will continue to be updated periodically to give you the latest info.

Google Sheets

Here's a little preview in Dark Mode:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The aim of this document is essentially to gather information so that it may help:
1. Players who are returning to their game after a new update,
2. Players who are recruiting Minthara for the first time,
3. The Larian development team, so they can (maybe) have an easier time looking into Minthara-specific issues.

Folks on Discord and other platforms have kindly given me information about the issues listed here. If anyone here wishes to contribute or suggest a bug that is not yet on the list, please let me know! Send me a message here or over at Tumblr and I'll reply when I can. Reporting bugs to Larian Support should still be the first priority, but I think we also need to share this on social media to spread the word. Let’s hope they fix and improve Minthara soon :3

────────

Now, onto replying to other posts, hehe. Thank you for your list, Crimsomrider! It's clear you've put a lot of thought and effort into writing and even making videos about this. I hope you've been sending these to their emails to bring it to their attention. Would you mind if I shared the link to your videos/pictures on another platform? More people need to see this. There are a few things I want to comment on, however! I wish I could have done this much sooner but the forum has been dying on me, rip.

• Despite Minthara fully admiring, supporting and being incredibly vocal about Dark Urge seizing their legacy, she has nothing to say to Dark Urge if they become eternally cursed by Bhaal or freed of Bhaal, after Orin is dead. Considering how much she loves Dark Urge and how much she is against being dominated, it is against her character to not have anything to say to her lover about it.
Firstly, yes, the fact that Durge can bring up how they're free of their urges if they resist Bhaal to every other companion except Minthara truly speaks for itself. She only reacts to Orin, not Durge, who cares if they're her lover? It's almost as if they never took the Durge into account when developing this part for Minthara - so it's an oversight, one of many, of course.

In Act 2, she isn't even present when Durge wakes up in cold sweat and gets the urge to kill their lover, Minthara just threatens them the next morning. Considering the depth of her affection, it doesn't make sense for her to not ask about this and try to understand their affliction, even if she couldn't be present. Her threat (as endearing as they usually are) in this scenario felt disconnected and it personally broke my immersion lol, maybe I'm reading into it too much? I would not have minded this reaction at all if my Durge wasn't romancing her, but they were. The whiplash I got from picking the kiss option right after this dialogue was, remarkable XD

I hope they decide to make her available for this scene later on. It would definitely add a more natural progression in terms of romance, which she is lacking at the moment.

They've been sidelining Minthara for months now but every time I complain somewhere, I get someone who tells me that she's a non-origin character and that it's delusional to think she should get an equal amount of content as others. By that logic, everyone who sent in suggestions for Minthara and Halsin to be a companion during EA is also delusional - but Larian still listened, so it's irrelevant tbh. I get a little annoyed when people are oblivious to, or worse ignore, the fact that Minthara is nowhere near finished as a companion by the game's own standards and think this isn't valid criticism.

With that said, I do acknowledge that Larian is trying and have been making improvements to her as of late. So, saying they've put "zero" care and attention to Minthara is doing them some disservice. At the same time, I understand the positives quickly get overshadowed by major bugs like the one that's been introduced in Patch #6 where she spoils a very important character reveal for everyone.

The game sure is "complex", everyone loves to use that excuse (I do too) but one has to wonder why Minthara has been on the receiving end of crippling bugs like this for 7 months now. As someone who sends bug reports almost exclusively for Minthara, even detailing out the steps to reproduce these issues, I feel like all my efforts have been in vain lol. I'm optimistic Larian will fix all of this in due time, but I can't deny it's frustrating to see they're still treating her like this. Just, the lack of care. We're really just asking for the bare minimum here.

• When Minthara is recruited to the camp via the optional knockout method, she and Halsin are sharing the same camp spot. She deserves her own place.
They have already fixed this to my knowledge. As of Patch #6, Halsin now moves to a random spot at camp after a long rest and they are completely separate from each other. I think it would be better if Halsin got his own tent too, but they might still be working on the ultimatum - which, judging from the datamined dialogue, doesn't make too much sense narratively. I hope they reframe the conflict a bit better before implementing it, it's very one-sided right now (imo) we need higher stakes and Halsin's reasoning for his little tantrum should be expanded further.

• Minthara's 'True Soul Of The Absolute' title - This title under Minthara's name HAS TO BE REMOVED once she's recruited. She is an abducted victim who was lured to Moonrise through an elaborate master plan by Ketheric, forcibly dominated against her will by Orin to be her personal pet and then later became traumatized by the whole experience to the point she's cripplingly afraid of Orin.
To the things that need fixing I want to add that she is still stuck in her "grove attack" persona crying "For the Absolute!" in every fight up until the ending.
I wonder what causes these two bugs. I never got them. I’ve spoken about this with other players and I was under the impression they were older bugs that have been fixed for a while now. Are you perhaps playing on an older save, like Patch 1 or 2? She now has the ‘Nightwarden’ title, which should be removed too tbh. I did some research and Nightwardens seem to refer to a group of clerics and paladins that are in service of Lolth. If there are any lore experts in here, feel free to correct that definition if I'm mistaken, but that definitely doesn't sound like Minthara either.

────────

As for the knockout recruitment, I have always been in support of an alternative for Minthara even as someone who enjoyed the evil route. An automatic knockout system or better put - a safeguard, is definitely preferable to what we have now. They could add a cutscene where we are given the choice to kill or spare her, but the latter might have to lead to an interrogation and her fleeing later on if we are to follow the current game events where we meet her in Act 2. Act 1 recruitment for Minthara is very very unlikely to be added this late into development, unless they've been working on it since day 1.

Anyway, that's all my rambling for now. Fingers crossed the Emperor bug gets fixed next week, I've been trying to document her lack of reactivity as well but this issue has been getting in the way. As for Patch 7 though; according to Larian's Community Manager on Discord, it might come much later than two weeks: "As this is no small task, we hope to introduce the initial stages of modding support in our next big patch, which is still several months away." So we might just be getting hotfixes for now, or they're going to sneak in small patches in-between. The wording is a bit confusing, but I'd be happy if we could get a bug-free Minthara for just one update.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by rendemption
I hope you've been sending these to their emails to bring it to their attention. Would you mind if I shared the link to your videos/pictures on another platform? More people need to see this.

By all means feel free to use the videos/images for whatever you want, no need to ask me. All I care about is Minthara getting the love, care and respect she deserves from the developers grin

As for the emails; haven't sent a single one, a waste of time. These single post issues I'm posting here on a daily basis are just to highlight all of Minthara's issues and keep the discussion going. My primary focus remains solely on finishing my mega feedback list which I am visually formatting to include all of my videos/images posted here, so it looks nice and proper once it's live.

I was planning to finish it and post it as its own unique thread this week, but this stupid bug with the Emperor dialogue is blocking me from recording the footage I require. So in the meantime I'm just arming myself with my own memes to remind Larian of their mistreatment of Minthara.

They've been sidelining Minthara for months now but every time I complain somewhere, I get someone who tells me that she's a non-origin character and that it's delusional to think she should get an equal amount of content as others. By that logic, everyone who sent in suggestions for Minthara and Halsin to be a companion during EA is also delusional - but Larian still listened, so it's irrelevant tbh. I get a little annoyed when people are oblivious to, or worse ignore, the fact that Minthara is nowhere near finished as a companion by the game's own standards and think this isn't valid criticism.

Those people are unfortunately just oblivious and have no clue what they're talking about.

Everything the community has been bringing up for years now and everything I've personally listed is the BARE MINIMUM she requires so that as a non-Origin companion she does not have inconsistencies, missing content, lackluster unsatisfying content and outright false narrative that doesn't take into account player's actions. That's her bare minimum so she can be a solid non-Origin companion with established equal treatment and in-game logic of other characters.

With that said, I do acknowledge that Larian is trying and have been making improvements to her as of late. So, saying they've put "zero" care and attention to Minthara is doing them some disservice. At the same time, I understand the positives quickly get overshadowed by major bugs like the one that's been introduced in Patch #6 where she spoils a very important character reveal for everyone.

The reason why I say they've given her zero care and attention is because it's true, especially when you compare her to Halsin or her side with Halsin's side. Naturally that doesn't mean Larian NEVER did anything for her, but in the grand scale of things what they do is NOTHING in relation to what she is missing and what she needs and what they do for other companions. 7 months in and she still does not whatsoever even meet the bare minimum quality standard set by other companions, as she does not even have her basic content available that every other companion does.

I've been here since Early Access and I remember all of it like it was yesterday. I've been here advocating for equal treatment of both Halsin's and Minthara's sides for over two years. Halsin's side got EVERYTHING, while Minthara's side remains exactly as it was during Early Access. Buggy, unfinished, broken in some places and entirely unreactive to player's own choices/actions.

They have not looked at Minthara nor her side of the story since Early Access, instead just patched together the bare minimum to ensure it plays its own railroaded short-term narrative that doesn't react properly to player input and abandoned it since. They also cut out most of her actual content due to rushed development, including her pregnancy which was fully voiced. So these mere content breadcrumbs thrown at her each major update are not nothing when she's missing a gigantic amount of her most basic content. Content which she would have had if the game had not been rushed and Larian paid attention to her side of the story (not counting the epilogue naturally).

Meanwhile;

• Ragzlin still does not have his vision with Ketheric Thorm in the game (only Gut and Minthara have theirs)
  • Ragzlin still refers to female characters using voice lines intended for male characters
  • Sazza still teleports away right in front of you if you already visited the Goblin Camp and rescued her after the fact
  • The Goblin warlock at the camp celebration is still using her Early Access voice line referring to the Absolute as a male
  • And naturally all the previously mentioned issues tied to Minthara

Does this deserve praise? Is it disservice when they've so blatantly abandoned Minthara to the point she has just one greeting line, no relationship dialogue and zero romance scenes as a love interest? Is it disservice when they can't even put one single intern to playtest it and collect all the issues so they can get fixed 7 months into full release? Nah, this is me giving them fully deserved critique on an aspect of the game they absolutely abandoned and quite obviously do not care about.

If you want me to speak plainly; Minthara as wonderfully written as she is, as a companion is an utter development embarrassment along with her entire side of the story. Uncared for, unfinished buggy mess patched together with scrap that's clearly not been playtested by anyone in the studio for the entirety of full release. Because if they actually cared about Minthara or her side of the story they'd immediately notice the blatantly obvious issues and inconsistencies and FIX THEM already.

• We would not be 7 months in with each update breaking Minthara.
  • We'd not be 7 months in with Minthara still not having her most BASIC content available (no personal quest, a single greeting line, no relationship dialogue and no romance scenes as a love interest), which Halsin as her counterpart does.
  • We'd not get an update in which Minthara is cripplingly broken AGAIN and spoiling the game for a month straight to so many people.
  • And we'd not have people hoping they could get at least one single update where she ain't broken in some shape or form.

Utter incompetence and utter negligence towards Minthara. They deserve to be critiqued and called out on it because they had two years of feedback from Early Access and 7 months of feedback from full release to act on it and do right by Minthara. At this point it's clear they just don't care at all because they did nothing with it, and that's why I'm here now on full blast with no holding back when it comes to criticism.

*I made this feedback image 2 years ago during Early Access to point out their absolute lack of care towards her. The only thing that's missing two years later is Karlach being on the list of lost content. Just further proof.*

She now has the ‘Nightwarden’ title, which should be removed too tbh. I did some research and Nightwardens seem to refer to a group of clerics and paladins that are in service of Lolth. If there are any lore experts in here, feel free to correct that definition if I'm mistaken, but that definitely doesn't sound like Minthara either.

I just saw your screenshots, but I cannot confirm this as she always loses the Nightwarden prefix for me once she's a companion. Her 'True Soul Of The Absolute' title under her name naturally never goes away though. It could be a mod you're using perhaps, as I don't play with any and never had that happen.

Anyway apologies for the long reply, but know that I appreciate your comments. And thanks for that sheet, I actually did not know that Karlach and Wyll do not react to Minthara's recruitment. I'll be sure to record that as well and put it on the list grin

V
V
To the things that need fixing I want to add that she is still stuck in her "grove attack" persona crying "For the Absolute!" in every fight up until the ending.
I wonder what causes these two bugs. I never got them. I’ve spoken about this with other players and I was under the impression they were older bugs that have been fixed for a while now. Are you perhaps playing on an older save, like Patch 1 or 2?

The bug I was writing about is tied to travellig back to Act 1 with or without her AFTER you recruited her. It occurred for me when I recruited her at Moonrise and then went to the crèche afterwards (without her). This was in a playthrough started about a week before patch 6 dropped. So this bug is not fixed.

veteran
veteran
Another lack of reactivity regarding Minthara's recruitment;

Unlike all the other Origin companions; Karlach and Wyll do not react to Minthara joining the group after she's rescued from Moonrise.

This makes no sense because Minthara has comments and banter with them, including early reactive dialogue about Karlach's 2nd engine upgrade. Plus the player was always able to have all three together legitimately, even before the Update #5 knockout method.

*Don't be shy guys, go say hi to her*

As for the emails; haven't sent a single one, a waste of time. These single post issues I'm posting here on a daily basis are just to highlight all of Minthara's issues and keep the discussion going. My primary focus remains solely on finishing my mega feedback list which I am visually formatting to include all of my videos/images posted here, so it looks nice and proper once it's live.
Technically speaking, making a report is just a few clicks away. You've already written them quite nicely here, so you could just copy-paste this to them. Not a lot of time wasted XD

I fully understand your frustrations though. I haven't been there since EA, but look at it this way: why do we think Minthara is being neglected? I always remind myself the majority of the playerbase don't exactly recruit Minthara. Most people like to play good and the knockout method is too much of a hassle for casual players. Less people playing with her means less bug reports, and Larian's modus operandi seem to be popular demand. What better way to encourage them to prioritize her more, if not by sending in more bug reports and suggestions? Also, this forum has been almost completely inaccessible so I'm not too optimistic they will see your posts here, which is a huge shame.

For the record, this is not me trying to excuse their negligence. After 7 months, letting a major bug that replaces 90% of her lines slip past their radar has removed all doubts, they definitely don't care for her as much. But I think this is the least we can do, plus reports haven't been a total disappointment imo. They fixed a couple bugs I reported recently: Minthara unsheathing her weapons unprompted and an unvoiced dialogue at the House of Healing. The Emperor bug will also be addressed in the next hotfix according to Larian's CM on Discord.

I just saw your screenshots, but I cannot confirm this as she always loses the Nightwarden prefix for me once she's a companion. Her 'True Soul Of The Absolute' title under her name naturally never goes away though. It could be a mod you're using perhaps, as I don't play with any and never had that happen.
About this issue, I loaded my saves today and the "True Soul of the Absolute" title is indeed there until the end of the game. I think I just haven't been paying attention, and mods don't seem to affect this XD - so yes, thanks for pointing that out! This is likely an oversight and it's been added to the spreadsheet.

As for the "Nightwarden" prefix, I can confirm this disappears after she joins your party, and only then. By that I mean literally joining your party of 4, not recruitment. I long rested a few times after recruiting her and the prefix stays. So, if you go the entire game without ever asking her to join your party, it is very likely the title will never be removed. I personally don't take much issue with this, but it does make me wonder why they decided this should be the trigger. Frankly, I've also wondered why "Nightwarden" was ever added to Minthara at all when she doesn't even serve Lolth during the entire course of the game XD

The bug I was writing about is tied to travelling back to Act 1 with or without her AFTER you recruited her. It occurred for me when I recruited her at Moonrise and then went to the crèche afterwards (without her). This was in a playthrough started about a week before patch 6 dropped. So this bug is not fixed.
Ah, unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Prior to Patch #6, I took Minthara back to Act 1 using the Silence spell as per my friend's suggestion and I didn't have this problem. Yesterday, I decided to go back to the creche without Minthara, leaving her at camp, and her battle lines seem to trigger normally when I got back to her in the Shadowlands. Maybe this depends on how you recruited her? I bonked Minthara for this save and the gobbos are dead.

You're not the only one though. My friend had this issue too a while back but sadly she already forgot the specifics. Please let me know if anyone else encountered this bug :'3

────────

Another bug I found while testing the issues above: one of her idle animations is broken. It's the one where she brings out her knife to stab the map on her table. I long rested with her after a fight and this is what I woke up to.

Minthy stabbing the air out of sheer spite >:3
What's interesting is I can move her around and she doesn't automatically return to her tent, so now she can chill with Withers and Arabella.

No idea what could've caused it. I don't have any mods for this save and I did a full clean up before starting it. Idle animations go through a cycle though, so I was able to get Minthy back to her senses by re-entering the camp.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
apprentice
apprentice
Impressive stubbornness. There are some points about Minthara in your messages which I personally can't be agree with. Like ACT 1 " literally making the whole event being no different than having sex with someone who's vulnerably drunk/drugged and completely unaware of themself and their surroundings, which is precisely what's happening to Minthara during that entire scene." but it's okay. We all have our opinions. Thank you for your work.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 03/03/24 02:30 PM.
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard