I apolgoize, I didn't explain myself properly. The thing I realized was that why the seduction aspect fell so flat for me. It's because Daisy isn't really the character's heart's desire. She's just very physically attractive. But she always behaves the same. Always overtly seductive and promising power and death. I think the emperor's romance as it's written is badly written, but I can understand it. He's at least not framed as being some perfect partner for my character. He's his own person approaching me in his own way. As far as trusting him, I've never played a character who fully trusted him but the one thing I felt confident of that I never felt for Daisy, is that we both wanted to defeat the Absolute. We both had that shared goal, whereas I was never convinced that Daisy was not the absolute trying to convert me. That to me is the most important thing. I can trust him on that and that alone, whereas I couldn't trust Daisy on anything at all. I don't think the Emperor and the guardian are perfect, just that they're better than what we had. They could still be improved. I'd rather have had the Guardian in place of Daisy, but have everything around them, the way the tadpole powers worked, etc, remain the same. That would have been my ideal scenario.