Print Thread
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by florence82
Originally Posted by illeaillas-san
What? I just read in one thread that there is no review of AAstarion’s kiss in the discord. I searched to see what was going on there, and many feedbacks disappeared. I myself liked a couple of reviews in a day, and now they are gone. In general, their number has decreased several times. but remained about spawn and game moments. What is it called? There doesn’t even seem to be a message with the survey results!

is that why mine disappeared ? it took me so much courage to sign up there because i didn't want to see negative AA hater..

so what does it mean? we cant write feedback anymore about AA kiss?

Yes you can, they will read it even if they deleted the comment. But they invite people to write about this topic here in the forum or to their support email

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Mordred92
Yes you can, they will read it even if they deleted the comment. But they invite people to write about this topic here in the forum or to their support email

thank you smile

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I think it's time for another meme pic feedback related to patch 6 butchery of Astarion. This is the story of what I imagine happened that led to these "fantastic" changes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Love was truly in the air in that Larian office uWu.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ametris
I think it's time for another meme pic feedback related to patch 6 butchery of Astarion. This is the story of what I imagine happened that led to these "fantastic" changes. (...)

A masterpiece! celebrate So much THIS! On Point. You nailed it!

Last edited by Zayir; 06/03/24 03:25 PM.

"I would, thank God, watch the universe perish without shedding a tear."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it's time for another meme pic feedback related to patch 6 butchery of Astarion. This is the story of what I imagine happened that led to these "fantastic" changes.

Now I really wish there was a like button on posts in here. I don't think I have laughed this hard in WEEKS.

I love it!

#JusticeForAstarion #JusticeForTheRealFansOfTheRomanceWithAstarion
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
The end of that meme is hilarious.

Larian: "I still hope you will reload and make a better choice."

AA Fans: "Never. We love AA. Stop being a bully."

Larian: "Then you deserve all the abuse I'll write for you. Retcon and traumatize his fans. Traumatize them all!"

What else could have possibly went on behind the scenes? Not only was new AA content meant to disappoint AA fans, but spawn Astarion fans got nothing. A reused graveyard kiss is not new content.

V
V

[...]

Perfection! *chef's kiss*

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thank you all! Happy you enjoyed my inspired creation. ^^

Originally Posted by Metarra
spawn Astarion fans got nothing. A reused graveyard kiss is not new content.

They could have added these lines, since they gave AA new ones:

I criticised the "if you must" line in the past, but now hearing the VA's delivery I kind of like it. He sounds playful. And the way he says "my love". Holy smokes! galehearteyes

I also mentioned Spawn Astarion's fake smile in the epilogue. Why couldn't they just tweak his facial expression from before Tav wakes up? He looks so dreamy in it!

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Since AA and UA are different personalities... I can see why they might have to split time between them, and we get spawn lines with AA still, and maybe even AA lines with spawn Astarion (looking at the reaction to Durge's Orin duel). Like the lines after AA's new kisses are spawn Astarion. Why doesn't AA get his own lines for after the kiss? Although... I'm worried we'll get something insulting. So AA gets all this work to please people who don't like AA and disappoint actual AA fans. Spawn Astarion is clearly on the backburner, but hopefully not for too long.

Suggestions:

1. Fix AA's new kisses
2. Give AA good post kiss lines (try not to insult us with overt abusive lines, try to stay in character for AA, hmm?)
3. Put some work into spawn Astarion so he doesn't feel so neglected
4. Get rid of the "You're my favorite line" for AA (he doesn't even have other spawn yet so this line just makes you scratch your head)

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Why doesn't AA get his own lines for after the kiss? Although... I'm worried we'll get something insulting. So AA gets all this work to please people who don't like AA and disappoint actual AA fans.

I shudder to think what they'll come up with for him. shadowheartdisapprove

4. Get rid of the "You're my favorite line" for AA (he doesn't even have other spawn yet so this line just makes you scratch your head)

They could change it to "you're my favourite person in the world, after all". No longer ambiguous and bizarre. He could also say "darling lover" instead.

Why doesn't AA get his own lines for after the kiss? Although... I'm worried we'll get something insulting.

Be afraid of your desires...)

AA already gave a stupid line about the favorite. Too bad you can't say, as some have already pointed out, "favorite is an ugly word, I prefer consort".

Spaun had a great line when asked for a kiss, "I don't mind, but I'm glad you asked." Why did they take it out? It was a miracle! It would be better to fix it and bring her back.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Suggestions:

2. Give AA good post kiss lines (try not to insult us with overt abusive lines, try to stay in character for AA, hmm?)

Don't you dare! Please not. The after kiss voice lines are great as they are. "Delicious!" is perfect. I fear too much, they will be ruined. No need as long as the person who is responsible for the mess and the harm, is in charge of this.
We players don't deserve any more harm or insults... we want to enjoy a game.

100 % for taking this insulting and out of character/context voice line out. Replace it with e.g. "consort", e.g. "How could I say no? You are my favourite after all" to "My pretty consort, how could I say no?"

Last edited by Zayir; 06/03/24 11:45 PM.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
The delicious line after the kiss could still work for AA. But the one where he acts all shy and says he "does still like it you know" seems to not fit AA to me. AA shows more confidence, even when he says yes my treasure.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The delicious line after the kiss could still work for AA. But the one where he acts all shy and says he "does still like it you know" seems to not fit AA to me. AA shows more confidence, even when he says yes my treasure.

I agree with you! Absolutely. BUT.. at the moment, I would not ask to make new lines, as long as we do not even know, how the sexual-abused-looking-Tav will be handled... and if the current person, who was responsible for it, will furthermore work on the Astarion's "romance", if we could still call it "romance" then, if the 180 degrees rewriting goes on.
It's Russian roulette.

I criticised the "if you must" line in the past, but now hearing the VA's delivery I kind of like it. He sounds playful. And the way he says "my love". Holy smokes! galehearteyes

Neil turns every line into gold! And you can feel every emotion, he puts in it. Even if you don't see the cutscenes with your eyes, you hear and feel (if you are capable of) all the complex emotions, just in his voice.

Last edited by Zayir; 06/03/24 11:50 PM.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
If they keep blundering with Astarion's writing, it could create enough of a backlash to make a writer change. I'd like that change to happen sooner rather than later and before too much stuff changes.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I understand wanting improvements that everyone can enjoy. But.... some of the Ascended Astarion fans seem borderline disconnected from reality. There are nicer, less deranged/psychotic ways to let Larian know you would like to have your cake (Astarion Ascends), and eat it too (but he isn't mean to you), without implying that the fine folks at Larian skinned every puppy on earth, caused 911, and invented super cancer.

Last edited by Gooby Dooby; 06/03/24 10:43 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
You'd like a writer to lose their job, because your virtual boyfriend isn't written exactly to your specifications?!

Last edited by Gooby Dooby; 06/03/24 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
The reality of AA is he manipulates the person he used to love and is now obsessed over into letting him turn them. After they're turned, he's still surprisingly romantic. The "abusive" side ONLY comes out when they try to argue with him or if they seem unhappy. If his partner is happy, he's happy. If his partner isn't happy, he isn't happy. There was no overt hostility from AA to his partner UNLESS they tried being rebellious UNTIL these new kisses.

You're acting like he's always abused them, when that is not reality. He says things that throw up red flags, but he was not outright cruel or abusive UNLESS you tried to make friction with him.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@ Gooby Dooby: Please keep the Holocaust out of it, this is beyond disrespectful and worthy of no response.

Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard